Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2021 Round 11: Hungaroring

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭barryribs

Yea I think there's not much between them and Bottas will be in the mix too based off his FP pace. I was expecting LeClerc to be closer to the front I think they'll have good pace tomorrow too and I think Charles will push Perez.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,095 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Bottas and Hamilton collide at the start, c'mon racing gods, be good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,060 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Will the tanked up Dutch mob start booing "God Save The Queen" if Hamilton wins tomorrow? Red Bull had no answer today. Lewis is the king of the Hungaroring. Awesome first lap by him in Q3.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I reckon RB will go Soft > Medium > Medium and Merc will go Medium > Hard. If RB get out in front early they'll build a gap. It's literally going to come down to who gets out front the end of the first lap

• Registered Users Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

My inner cynic is calling it now, Bottas will spend the first 5 laps parking it at the corner exits to let Lewis run away.

• Advertisement

It is usually british crowds that boo anthems.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

The TV coverage really sexed up the outlap.

But if you look at the driver tracker on the live timing replay Norris was the head of the train of cars then Ocon then Bottas etc.

They were all evenly spaced going into the final sector on the outlap from Norris back to Hamilton, with the bulls up Hamiltion's rear.

I thought he had deliberately held them up from the TV footage too, but they cleverly kept Norris, Ocon and Bottas mostly out of shot for extra drama.

I guess some of the Netflix manufactured drama is making it into the normal race coverage, not sure that's a good thing :/

That's why I don't think Red Bull were too bothered about it and 3 and 4 was probably the best they could do anyway.

You could blame Norris I suppose as he essentially set the pace for the group behind and he allowed a big gap to build between himself and Alonso over the course of the outlap. But not his problem if the guy 5 cars back doesn't make the line.

Wasn't that much overtaking in the support races so suspect the race could be a bit dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Ultimate Gowlbag

And boy did they find their target audience to sex it up in this forum 😆

Just in relation to your last line, very often the opposite is the case, and there's loads of passing in GP2/F2/F3 somewhere like Hungary then the F1 race is a stinker. Hungary is a track that doesn't fit the current F1 cars, it's a bit like Barcelona now, medium speed corners everywhere. Weather and tyres/mechanical stuff are usually what makes good F1 race in Hungary.

All that said I'm not expecting much tomorrow if there's no rain. Verstappen starting 2nd with the softer tyres and different strategy may have been interesting but if he's not leading after lap 1 I'm expecting nothing. :P

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Lashing rain t the moment in the F3 race. Might change things later so!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Starting the F3 race under safety car. Should be interesting!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭klose

Is rain forecast for the F1 race?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Even higher tyre degradation for the race which will probably play further into Mercedes hands. Maybe the track temps will be lower which would help red bull.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Hamilton was closer to Bottas than Bottas was to Ocon.

Yet people here are demanding a penalty for Hamilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,610 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Looking at the weather there is a chance of rain towards the latter part of the race. Max needs to have the racing Gods on his side this weekend. Hoping for a good race with an an RB win.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

From a team point of view it's probably the best thing to do, having Bottas holding Verstappen up as much as possible and let Hamilton sail off into the distance. Its not like Bottas is going for a world champion so no harm in sacrificing his race, wouldn't be the first time anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

Verstappen have now had to change the engine after they found an issue with it, unsurprising with the amount of damage sustained when he was taken out at the last race.

No penalty now but a penalty later in the season is now inevitable. It’s going to be very hard for Red Bull to stay in the title fight now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,567 ✭✭✭quokula

tou should probably avoid that condescending tone when you’ve no idea what you’re talking about and you’re speaking to someone who’s followed F1 since the 80s. You were the one who brought up Schumacher not me, and the incidents were entirely different.

• Advertisement

On Wednesday he started going on about the celebrations again though? I’m sorry but Red Bull and Max have dragged this out since Silverstone and now he’s complaining about being asked about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,694 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

According to Rosberg that is Max losing his cool and the shrug of the shoulders from Hamilton shows he is stronger.

Sky really selling this rivalry, they opened the show with a montage of rivalries of days gone by.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,694 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

The softs give you 6 metres at the start according to the experts and with the slipstream I can't see Max being behind Bottas for too long.

Do you understand how time works? Just in the regular run-of-the-mill day-to-day way that most of us need to get, not the deep theoretical physics way that people need to understand to try to figure out the origins of the universe.

Yes I do. Red Bull and Max were crying (very publicly) until very recently, and are crying when they are asked legitimate questions.

If you make an issue public, the media are going to ask you about it.

So they dragged it out, they/he get criticised, he tries to put an end to it, he gets criticised.

You're so sensitive about Hamilton criticism but Jesus you're happy to talk nonsense about Verstappen. I think I'll follow on with some of your logic and from now on imply in every post that you're a massive racist. It's the only possible explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,813 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Karun hyping up those clouds over the horizon...the heavens are going to open 10 minutes after the race, aren't they?

Sounds about right. :D Best case (semi-realistic) scenario is Verstappen to lead after T1 on the 2nd lap and at least have a bit of intrigue for the race.

Now I think about it though it's usually thunderstorms in Hungary so it'd probably be a red flag situation. So if it does rain during the race it'll be whenever Verstappen is in his lowest position due to strategy. 🤣

Then why can’t he just say he wants to draw a line under it? He goes off on a tirade and swearing at everyone.

Hes acting like it’s the media that have been dragging it out for two weeks when he and Red Bull haven’t shut up about it as recently as Wednesday.

I’m not sensitive to Hamilton criticism at all, just when people post absolute lies.

Max dragged this out, so he’s going to be questioned on it. Don’t lose the rag at the same people you have been relying on to make this saga very public just because it isn’t going your way. Then people are praising him for losing patience with the media when it was him and Red Bull who haven’t been able to let it go.

You would have a completely different attitude if this was Hamilton and Mercedes, because you’re one of those who thinks there needs to be a separate rule book for them.

• Advertisement

Or maybe, just indulge me here, there's a possibility that like most of us you're an asshole on the internet who has taken a position and because it's all there in text for all eternity it makes it pretty hard to sway from that position.

Or, as I suspect you still think, you're simply more virtuous and thoughtful than all of the rest of us.

Anyway, genuine apology to most of the thread, I didn't realise the ignore function was working again. My bad.

Oh and you're a bigot against Moldovans and you deny the Armenian Genocide.

Advertisement