Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Austin Theory and Odyssey Jones working a dark match for SD

Could Finn and Corbin get in the world title match too and make it fatal four way, the Summerslam poster already out with Cena and Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Cena’s comedy is so painful.. the Corbin character.. gives an insight into the psyche of Vince

“Look at this loser who lost his money.. hilarious pal”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Watching a bit of smackdown now, Jaysus the camera work is making me dizzy 😵 is it always this way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not a good Smackdown.

Called it that Sasha would return this week, don't know why they even bothered having her be a face for 5 minutes when it was the most obvious turn ever. All it did was make Bianca look a dumbass.

I can't believe they brought Finn up to put him in a Baron Corbin feud. The whole logic of contract signings is dumb too, anyone that wants a chance at a title can just sign a contract regardless of where they are on the roster and it's binding. Seems like in that case any contract signing would be like all those lads running after the 24/7 title to get a shot.

Cena's promo at the start was lame. Surely Balor would have an issue with Cena too but whatever I guess. Rest of the show was all filler. How about the fact that they had Toni Storm debut last week and this week she wasn't even on the show. Solid stuff. Despite all the big promise of Summerslam, so far it's not looking spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,284 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is Sasha now like other part timers like Cena? Just decides to have a title match at Mania and again at Summerslam? The dragging Bianca up and awkward enthusiastic hug made it obvious

Zelina vs. Bianca would be fresh and new

Corbin attacking Balor like that made me think of how you would hear ones in films and tv say the most dangerous man is one with nothing left to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,221 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reginald's leap/bounce into the ring is impressive.

I'm assuming they brought back Sin Cara's trampoline thing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,885 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Finn does have a right to be pissed off at Cena

Malakai Black is a lucky bastard

Decent Smackdown and I have to eat a small bit of crow because they did acknowledge Finn being mad at Cena. Even though I'm still not confident it will lead to anything. Glad that Finn is staying in the main event picture though and they made him look great, guessing him and Corbin isn't the Summerslam feud considering how he beat him pretty easily.

Usos/Mysterios is already feeling a bit tired which isn't great since it's the match at Summerslam. Enjoyed the promos between Sasha/Bianca and Edge/Seth as well. The reaction to Boogz and Nakamura was pretty great but the reaction for Shotzi and Nox was dead. Apollo's title run has been dull, forgot he had it tbh.

Crowd absolutely sucked in general though and of course that meant fake crowd noise. Very hard to get excited for WWE at the moment especially considering they released a load more people during the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Finn to make his way into the summerslam match to eat the pin

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I liked the fact that Finn acknowledged his smiley persona during his last main roster run.

Also yeah, I think we will see Nakamura take the IC title at Summerslam, himself and Boogz are mega over and Apollo just sucks.

Loved the Big E and Paul Heyman segment too.

Seth/Edge were just allowed to let loose on each other and it worked.

Bianca on the other hand... if you're pissed off at someone don't come to the stage swinging your hair like you're going for a jaunt to the shops. Stride out with purpose, cut your promo without silly giggling and then do your hair swing. I'm just not sold on her as THE person to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Just finished Smackdown and enjoyed it except for that opening segment. Sasha and Bianca came across like squabbling kids and there was zero crowd reaction.

Loved the ending with Finn and Roman. They seem to really work well together.

• Advertisement

I just realised Toni Storm debuted two weeks ago and hasn't appeared or been mentioned since.

Does anyone earn title matches anymore?

Sasha returns and straight into a title rematch at Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The sad thing is that in a company that presents Charlotte in the manner they do, Sasha absolutely does feel like a legit contender in comparison.

This Bianca run has been by and large terrible IMO.

Is Taminia solely representing the women's tag titles as Nattie out injured?

I'd prefer Sasha and Charlotte out of the title pictures

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Fantastic stuff from Cena and Reigns.

Roman is an absolute star. Best thing in wrestling today.

Ohhhh a few controversial lines thrown into the Cena vs Reigns promo

Yeah was going to post earlier saying predicable enough result with Apollo retaining but I was wrong

Nakamura definitely getting a new lease of life with Rick Boogs

• Advertisement

Baron Corbin has to be one of the most underrated guys in the business today.

"You ran Dean Ambrose out of WWE!

I actually thought the title change was predictable. They didn't even give Apollo an entrance. Assume they wanted a title change because they expected Rampage would have one and didn't want to feel like the less important show.

I'm sure the Cena/Reigns promo will probably rub some people the wrong way for being a bit meta but I loved it. Really great to see Reigns keep up on the mic as well, shows how far he's come from the last feud they had. The Corbin stuff is still really entertaining, wondering where him and the Money in the Bank stuff goes. Tag matches were solid even if we've seen them all before. Bianca/Banks signing was what you'd expect but sure they'll bring it in the ring. Pretty solid show.

So glad they hyped up and debuted Toni Storm for nothing. Guess the forgot Finn this week too, hopefully it's so it can be more surprising if he gets involved at Summerslam. Also where the hell is Cesaro?

My problem with the Cena and Reigns segment is that, just like their last feud where they were being "edgy" on the mic, it's obviously all scripted.

Not a hope in hell either one of them went off script.

Where was Sasha's stamp she used to use at these signings?

To each their own with the promo. I don't mind if it was off script or not, if it leads to better more believable promos where they can say things they shouldn't then I don't see the problem.

Granted I don't think they'd be as willing to let someone aside from Cena or Reigns have 'edgy' promos.

• Advertisement

Carmella and Zelina gave up chasing a title shot to be Sasha's back up

Only thing to be cautious about with that rating is that apparently in some major markets Smackdown was pre-empted with football and that may mess with the numbers. Be interesting when the adjusted numbers come in because if that's anywhere near true it's a massive number.

Very curious to see what the Rampage numbers will be.

This Corbin angle is one of the most entertaining things they ever done with him. Will he end up cashing in the MITB that he stole ?

Dominik turning on Rey is a big possibility down the line

They did the MitB theft thing last year as well. Pat asked Cole if he could cash in and Cole said no. Maybe Corbin challenges Big E for it and loses another chance at making money.

Speaking of Pat, what type of feedback is he getting? After all the complaints about Cole and co being so robotic we now have Pat playing air guitar on the desk

• Advertisement

Definitely feels like he's given free reign atm but Vince will probably get sick of him at some stage for being so off the cuff and start yelling in his ear.

It made Meltzer a salty bitch and that's all that matters.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 52,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Big E has basically been doing nothing since winning it tbf, I'm just glad they're giving him or appear to be giving him some sort of feud to tide him over. I'd say they will have a match at SummerSlam now which is great for both.

Thought they would hold off until SS to pull the trigger on Nak as IC champ but it's the right decision, Nak and Boogs are super over and Apollo just plain sucks. A rematch on the pre-show probably beckons.

All in all it was a good show. I'm very much over this Sasha/Bianca feud though, they've as much chemistry together on the mic as a pair of wet socks. They're having to throw out Carmella and Zelina to gain any sort of reaction for Bianca as well, we're what 4 months or so into her reign and it's already feeling much longer. She'll be eaten alive by Becky if she comes back to Smackdown

I wouldn't be surprised if Apollo is released now he has lost the title

Edges entrance is still outstanding

Excellent stuff from Edge

Looked fairly constipated at the end of it pulling those mad heads. Like he was sitting on the jacks/

I hate how WWE are ruining Seth Rollins.

Wow was not expecting that

Brood Edge baby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

Darn, no Gangrel. ☹️

• Advertisement
Advertisement