Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SMACKDOWN LIVE SUPERTHREAD

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,325 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Austin Theory and Odyssey Jones working a dark match for SD

Could Finn and Corbin get in the world title match too and make it fatal four way, the Summerslam poster already out with Cena and Reigns

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Cena’s comedy is so painful.. the Corbin character.. gives an insight into the psyche of Vince

“Look at this loser who lost his money.. hilarious pal”

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Watching a bit of smackdown now, Jaysus the camera work is making me dizzy 😵 is it always this way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭ThePott

Not a good Smackdown.

Called it that Sasha would return this week, don't know why they even bothered having her be a face for 5 minutes when it was the most obvious turn ever. All it did was make Bianca look a dumbass.

I can't believe they brought Finn up to put him in a Baron Corbin feud. The whole logic of contract signings is dumb too, anyone that wants a chance at a title can just sign a contract regardless of where they are on the roster and it's binding. Seems like in that case any contract signing would be like all those lads running after the 24/7 title to get a shot.

Cena's promo at the start was lame. Surely Balor would have an issue with Cena too but whatever I guess. Rest of the show was all filler. How about the fact that they had Toni Storm debut last week and this week she wasn't even on the show. Solid stuff. Despite all the big promise of Summerslam, so far it's not looking spectacular.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,725 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So is Sasha now like other part timers like Cena? Just decides to have a title match at Mania and again at Summerslam? The dragging Bianca up and awkward enthusiastic hug made it obvious

Zelina vs. Bianca would be fresh and new

Corbin attacking Balor like that made me think of how you would hear ones in films and tv say the most dangerous man is one with nothing left to lose.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,084 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Reginald's leap/bounce into the ring is impressive.

I'm assuming they brought back Sin Cara's trampoline thing

• Registered Users Posts: 37,553 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Finn does have a right to be pissed off at Cena

Malakai Black is a lucky bastard

Decent Smackdown and I have to eat a small bit of crow because they did acknowledge Finn being mad at Cena. Even though I'm still not confident it will lead to anything. Glad that Finn is staying in the main event picture though and they made him look great, guessing him and Corbin isn't the Summerslam feud considering how he beat him pretty easily.

Usos/Mysterios is already feeling a bit tired which isn't great since it's the match at Summerslam. Enjoyed the promos between Sasha/Bianca and Edge/Seth as well. The reaction to Boogz and Nakamura was pretty great but the reaction for Shotzi and Nox was dead. Apollo's title run has been dull, forgot he had it tbh.

Crowd absolutely sucked in general though and of course that meant fake crowd noise. Very hard to get excited for WWE at the moment especially considering they released a load more people during the show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Finn to make his way into the summerslam match to eat the pin

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I liked the fact that Finn acknowledged his smiley persona during his last main roster run.

Also yeah, I think we will see Nakamura take the IC title at Summerslam, himself and Boogz are mega over and Apollo just sucks.

Loved the Big E and Paul Heyman segment too.

Seth/Edge were just allowed to let loose on each other and it worked.

Bianca on the other hand... if you're pissed off at someone don't come to the stage swinging your hair like you're going for a jaunt to the shops. Stride out with purpose, cut your promo without silly giggling and then do your hair swing. I'm just not sold on her as THE person to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,363 ✭✭✭The White Feather

Just finished Smackdown and enjoyed it except for that opening segment. Sasha and Bianca came across like squabbling kids and there was zero crowd reaction.

Loved the ending with Finn and Roman. They seem to really work well together.

• Advertisement

I just realised Toni Storm debuted two weeks ago and hasn't appeared or been mentioned since.

Does anyone earn title matches anymore?

Sasha returns and straight into a title rematch at Summerslam

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The sad thing is that in a company that presents Charlotte in the manner they do, Sasha absolutely does feel like a legit contender in comparison.

This Bianca run has been by and large terrible IMO.

Is Taminia solely representing the women's tag titles as Nattie out injured?

I'd prefer Sasha and Charlotte out of the title pictures

Ohhhh a few controversial lines thrown into the Cena vs Reigns promo

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Fantastic stuff from Cena and Reigns.

Roman is an absolute star. Best thing in wrestling today.

Yeah was going to post earlier saying predicable enough result with Apollo retaining but I was wrong

Nakamura definitely getting a new lease of life with Rick Boogs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Baron Corbin has to be one of the most underrated guys in the business today.

Advertisement