Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Options

Comments

Any recommendation for co-op games? Me and a buddy are playing Sea of Thieves, which is fun but we keep getting killed by other players so we need a break.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Any recommendation for co-op games? Me and a buddy are playing Sea of Thieves, which is fun but we keep getting killed by other players so we need a break.

I'd recommend the Gears of War games, Streets of Rage 4 and Overcooked 2. Overcooked especially can very quickly devolve into bedlam.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

I think the new pirates of the Caribbean dlc is kinda private. There might be a small bit when you are out in the world with others but apart from that it's all contained in an individual instance.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Deep Rock Galactic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Get good 😆

• Advertisement

madalig12 wrote: »
    Get good 😆

I have a life. Not much time for practicing video games because that's rock bottom of my priorities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭tony1980

I have a life. Not much time for practicing video games because that's rock bottom of my priorities.

I think he was joking ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,004 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I skipped straight to like a dragon. It works well on the phone+kishi.

Really enjoying the game. I'd like if there was more gameplay, sometimes feels more like watching an animated movie than playing a game.

The early hours of the game have tons of exposition but I'm finding it has opened out a good bit as I go along.

Octopath Traveller now has touch controls on the gamepass app. Think this game kinda suits touch controls as it's turned based combat and easy enough to navigate around.

"It takes two" is a brilliant 3d-world puzzle solver. Only one of you needs to buy it as well, you can both play over Xbox live with a single purchase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭CYHSN

Anyone need a 14 day code for ultimate? Have 1 not going to use it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Finished yakuza 3 and 4, 3 feels the weakest but I suppose it's technically the oldest now, enjoyed 4 but took a break from it and played dead rising remastered, gonna leave 5 and 6 for a bit as to not burn out from them

About 35 hours into Yakuza:Like a Dragon and really really enjoying it. Think State of Decay 2 is next on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭breeno

Newcomer to Yakuza. Don't think I have a whole series in me but would like to try a good one. Is 4 decent as a standalone game or are there better examples for a one off play?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭quokula

I definitely wouldn't choose 4. Yakuza 0 to 6 are all action based beat-em-up combat, while Yakuza 7 (Like a Dragon) is a reboot with a new cast of main characters that switches to turn based rpg style combat, while still being surprisingly authentic to the original series despite so much being different. So if turn based combat interests you I'd go with Yakuza 7, but if you're going with the original more action based series I'd play Yakuza 0.

Yakuza 0 is a prequel that was released relatively recently and serves as a great entry point. Yakuza 1 was the very first game, and was remastered a while back to modern standards. It's the shortest game in the series and also makes for a good entry point. Yakuza 2 was also remastered to much more lavish standards and looks incredible, but it's a longer game and the characters are a bit more established by this point. Yakuza 3-5 have had much less care put into their remasters and honestly you'd have to be a big fan to play them now. Yakuza 6 was the most recent entry before 7, and is also a great game in its own right, and was the first Yakuza I played personally, but it's got so many years of backstory baked in that I wouldn't start there now.

I played Yakuza 0 which was really good but can't remember if I played Kiwami but definitely didn't play Kiwami 2, think I'll try get through them both at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭Treppen

Sniper Elite 4 has co-op mode, you can play overwatch or survival. It's free on Gamepass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hi Guys, been looking for the sticky on how to renew Gamepass, anyone have the steps handy (i.e converting gold etc)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,142 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

OP of this thread might have the info you need: https://boards.ie/discussion/2058147822/game-pass-deals-see-first-post-for-the-best-deal#latest

Basically if you have an active sub you need to let it expire before renewing again I think.

Started State of Decay 2 after finishing Yakuza 7 (which is brilliant, play it if you've any interest in RPGs) and... it's pretty good as well. I think it had fairly mixed reception when it came out but apparently the updates have made it a lot better. It obviously looks like a zombie game but it seems to be just as much a base/community management game as anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭skerry

Started into The Ascent last night. Fantastic game so far. Cyberpunk twin stick shooter. The game world looks great, so dense and detailed. Great work from a team of small devs. Soundtrack is banging too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Digital Foundry has a nice video for this. Looks incredible in places. But there seems to be different views re gameplay. Still, it's free on GamePass, so nothing to lose.

I'm amazed at what small teams can produce these days. This game and Death's Door are just two recent examples. Think what these guys could do if they had AAA budget and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I tried playing the ascent , found it incredibly frustrating. Literally can’t get past the first thing to kill as I find the shooting /controls awful

i must be doing something wrong as no reviews have picked up on this …..

I'm loving it I have to say. It's another good enough to keep you subscribed type game, and good for playing on cloud\mobile.

The controls are kind of old school, don't know if anyone remembers Smash TV? You have to use both thumb sticks. Later on you HAVE to cover and use the left trigger to aim over obstacles, or you will not survive.

It's nothing earth shattering, but I've been waiting for something like this. Just like a bus they all come at once: Ascent, Hades and Diablo 2 remake.

This is the best thing about game pass. They can get cash advance while working on the game and it shows in a very polished finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

can you help with my question, if you don’t mind please ?

at the very start , I see these rats, I can’t kill them or when I do it’s just random luck and the next batch kill me

what I’m doing is , walk up to them until they charge at me then run backwards In blind panic

start shouting and miss , if they get too close I miss them (odd) and if In distance my gun shoots over them

should I be ducking to shoot them ?

ive watched countless YouTube vids and they just stroll past with no effort……

I’ve played Diablo 3 but never a twinstick

thanks

A few things that I got wrong at the beginning were holding down LT to aim when in fact that's actually aims over them and should be used when behind cover. I also didn't realise I could press A to roll/dive away and once I started doing that I survived longer. Also I always have my thumb on the right stick to aim. Took a little while to get used to it but I'm really getting into it now

It's a twin stick shooter, that's how they play.

Answering your question above, the left stick is how you move and the right stick is how you aim. Point the right stick in the direction of what you want to shoot. There's a little arrow on the green circle around your character showing which way you're pointing and obviously the laser on your gun tells you as well. The game has different levels of aim assist, maybe turn it up to high until you get the hang of it.

Ducking helps you get into cover but it's not essential and I'd just ignore it until you have the hang of everything else.

• Advertisement

Also don't forget to upgrade your character skills. To start with his aim is bad, you basically have to spray your enemies. I pumped a lot of skill points into aim and critical hit and it made it much easier. I find you need to switch weapons a lot too, machine gun to shotgun. And your special ability or whatever its called. Also lobbing grenades at groups.

Advertisement