Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why would someone do this to themselves?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

I've heard of an incel, but what's an incel adjacent? Did he sit next to an incel on the Luas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

Good one. “On the Luas” hahaha imagine.

Anyway in my view the only reason why anyone would visit incel YouTube channels is because they are incels themselves or that they share views common with incels, particularly hatred towards women, belief in bullshit like “alpha,” “beta,” or “sigma” males and references to “manlets.” Incel adjacent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,830 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I have to say, even with my own warped mind, I don't think I've ever actually met an incel... They sound made up tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

Incels lurk everywhere. They are that beta barista who seems extra jolly but clearly just a front to mask the inner torment of being a device in chad's sunday of validation as he enjoys a nice cup of coffee with his harem, he is the meek postman who just screams he has never known a womens touch, the local balding shop assistant whose posture has declined after year and year of ridicule. This is the face of inceldom. Someone you know maybe be an incel and you would never even know it. Think about it some more and the signs will be obvious. You may have walked by one, two or even twenty incels today. In fact, given the ubiquity and growing numbers of incels, the chances are very very high. I don't think people would think of me as an incel but the signs are there for all to see

I was fishing off the rocks last week and it occurred to me that if every cast that came back empty was a rejection from a woman (I was a young lad at discos once) I would have quit after the first three casts. I remembered a conversation I had with a local Lothario when he told me the trick was just to keep trying.

I went home with 9 mackerel.

I'm going to read this aloud in a Glasgow accent with Lust for life playing in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

So let's humiliate him further by posting this. At least he had the guts to go on it besides mocking others behind a screen

• Registered Users Posts: 8,953 ✭✭✭pgj2015

I never gave a feck, even when I was younger. just because someone doesn't fancy you, doesn't mean you are ugly or boring etc. sure a lot of the time you will see a nice good looking girl go for the biggest scumbag in your local town, a jobless, brown toothed alco/drugie criminal and the same girl wouldn't look at a decent, hard working, ambitious guy who never caused anyone any trouble in his life.

Post edited by pgj2015 on

Women prefer the type of men you describe - low inhibition thugs who play by their own rules. This is facts and nothing I've seen has altered my opinion. It was true at 14, it was true at 18 and continues to be true right into my late 20's. Just female nature.

Not sure they all do to be honest. Damaged women like them. The guys I described may play by their own rules but they are usually the biggest losers going, they never end up with any kind of enjoyable life and the women always leave them in the end. These women are to be avoided at all costs btw, they will always be damaged. I made the mistake of going out with one of them.

They leave the women. And losers by what measure? They seem pretty cool to me.

The women always leave them, usually after they start beating them or cheating on them or both. cool? what is cool about being on the dole, selling drugs, and dying young from drink and drugs, leaving behind kids you don't even know.

Have you booked that flight to COPEnhagen yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,317 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

he shouted half of it did you not hear him?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 alz007

That was hard to watch. What was he thinking going on the show? His posture gave it all away that he was out of his depth. You can see the wind knocked out of his sails when all the lights come on. He tries to laugh the comments off, but very unconvincingly. The host did him no favours either. Standing there, getting pelted with **** balls from girls, who you probably won't have much in common with anyway - why do it to yourself? That show is a bit messed up. Hope the lad comes out well on the other side.

I dunno. If I was single and interested in not being single - I think if I walked into a pub that had 30 women in it - and they all looked up as I walked in - and 23 looked away again but 7 looked on still potentially interested and open to giving me a chance to show myself - I would feel I was doing quite well indeed. Especially if I had shown up on that particular evening - like the guy in the OPs video - having made absolutely no effort on my appearance whatsoever either on the day or - lets face it looking at the lad - in general on my physique or health over time.

But I think the OP having read many of his posts in the past is someone who has a self fullfiling self hatred and self judgement where he vicariously judges himself through the eyes of others. To the point he has said he can not even actively enjoy conversations with other people because he is just sitting there thinking about how unattractive they likely find him. So the video in the OP is less a "oh look 7 women out of 30 - which is over 21% - find me potentially attractive and willing to give me a chance" and more a watchable manifestation of his worst paranoias and world views and a validation of them. No wonder he thinks he will lose sleep over it.

21%. If I was single and trying not to be I would be happy to be working with 5%. Don't think you need much more than that to eventually find someone to settle down with if that's what you want. If. There MGTOW types subjectively seem to be growing (not sure if they actually are, or we just hearing more about them?).

The Incel demographic really is one that seems to validate their own self doubt at every opportunity - and turn them into self fulfilling prophecies when they can. It is no surprise to me that the PUA charlatans find a profitable market there. I remember a time I felt that self hatred and constantly sorry for myself in my own life. I found legitimate ways out of it without any PUA nonsense or magical thinking though. And while it required not being a lazy ass and to put some ongoing effort and positivity in - overall I can not say it was all that hard at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

@[Deleted User] yeah there's an awful lot of money to be exploited out there just by "confirming" any comfortable half-truths and lies that people hold onto because they don't want to change and put in the effort at making their lot in life better.

If there are any entities, e-celebs, channels, etc that you follow, it's best to filter out the ones that aren't contributing anything to your life and are at least motivating you toward a goal or have some kind of secondary benefit. Negativity breeds negativity, but positivity always leads to progression.

Also this new @ tagging system is pretty cool 😎

• Registered Users Posts: 15,643 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

There is/was definitely something not right or good about him. Even when he came on you would swear he had been forced to come on. He did not look like he wanted to be there. Then he calls all the girls dykes and bitches who can go fcuk themselves. Ye I think he might secretly be a serial killer just wanted to kill them all because he has always been rejected by Women and who would blame them with the attitude he has or had. He would never get a woman like that.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

Bit of a leap calling him a serial killer there don't you think? Unpleasant response, but it's a cruel show that trades on people's insecurities, both male and female.

How would you hold up if you were publicly rejected by 30 people in seconds on the basis of your appearance on national television? Doubt you'd go home smiling.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,428 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Jesus, where are you getting that from?

I'd say he'd planned to say that if they all turned off their lights, rather than it being the indicative of the inner workings of a troubled mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

In the first season of the UK one, I remember this poor guy called Thomas from Stirling in Scotland, but he did ask for it in his white suit.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

• Registered Users Posts: 15,802 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

We really need to stop importing this crass, bolloxollogy from the USA. It has nothing good to offer society. Nothing.