Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY Desktop Site Customisation - Use at own risk

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Would anyone have their latest stable combined css of all the fixes so far to share in one file? Appreciating all the efforts so far!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

@joujoujou Update to your update

Make change to the code part bellow - seams working top and bottom clickable. Dont know if it would have adverse effects elsewhere, testing needed. Did not include code you posted above/unnessesary

.PageControls {

float: unset !important;

display: inherit !important; /* instead of unset !*/

margin: 0 !important;

}

i dont mind to post mine latest for your testing, however my coding is 4 days expirience and you might not like design 😁

Post edited by smuggler.ie on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

/**
       * Add title to breadcrumb
       */
      if ($('.PageTitle').length > 0) {

$('.Breadcrumbs').eq(0).append('<span class="no_upper">: ' + $('.PageTitle h1').eq(0).text() + '</span>');
      }

.no_upper {
        text-transform: initial !important;
        font-size: 12px
    }

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Perfect! Thanks a mil. 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

// Homepage title fix - js

if (document.title == "Now Yer Talkin'") {
    	document.title = "Now Ye're Talkin'";
    }

Homepage layout seems to have changed a little.

Fix: might suit you better for a slightly larger padding, like 6px 8px. vertical align: middle makes all the difference here.

Post edited by iLikeWaffles on

• Registered Users Posts: 10,434 ✭✭✭✭28064212

I've posted my all-in-one here: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058202721/boardsie-enhancement-suite. Includes some extra features on top of plain CSS, and you'll only need to install it once, your userscript manager should auto-update it after that

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using post-migration Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, and a dark mode setting)

Very messy this one, band aid on a gapping wound. Think a margin might have been added to user info messed it up further, hard to keep track.

Not perfect but looks a bit better, missing the links from the mods forums still unfortunately, very useful shortcut.

• Advertisement

/* quick and dirty dark theme */

html {

filter: invert(1) hue-rotate(44deg) saturate(70%); 

/* saturate 0-100%, grayscale to full colour */

}

/* revert images and undo filter effects, video, svg etc */

img, picture, video, svg, .vanilla-11yh8xq-insertEmoji {

filter: invert(1) hue-rotate(316deg) saturate(100%);

}

Not the most ideal way to do it as it can inherit issues with UI elements inverting the whole html such as images which is why anything tagged "img" or "svg" etc gets undone, some things may look weird like the highlight-color. The filter property is a nice way to mess with elements as you can also apply animation to a filter, if you wish, to make a button or icon change colour etc when a mouse hovers over for instance. There is a whole lot you can do with "filter".

Will probably be a few more that will need to be added to the revert the inversion.

/* quick and dirty dark theme */

html {

filter: invert(1) hue-rotate(44deg) saturate(70%); 

/* saturate 0-100%, grayscale to full colour */

}

/* reinvert images and undo filter effects, video, svg etc */

img, picture, video, svg, , gif, .vanilla-11yh8xq-insertEmoji, span.InformSprite {

filter: invert(1) hue-rotate(316deg) saturate(100%);

}

fix for the out of place side navigation. from this...

to this...

Now Ye're Stylin'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,463 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Have you any idea what has recently changed that longer quotes are not fully visible anymore (must be clicked at) and hopefully workaround please? :-)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,035 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Hasn't it been like that for a good while now? I actually prefer it in the absence of being able to quote parts of a post tbh, it's a pain having to see the entire quoted message when it's long.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,182 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Anyone using my code for the bolded unread threads - you need to remove it, they have actually implemented my code in to the site now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

LOL

They could have implemented all this stuff by various peeps on here a long time ago just by asking Vanilla to give them access to a custom css/js file while they wait for them to implement it into the core code - would have made a lot of people very happy

Guess I must be the only one still frantically refreshing and using home tabs to view the site. Can't stand the layout and style of "my discussions", will it work with "my threads"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

What way can I increase the width of the page. I've a lot of white space on my new monitor now. Which lines of the code can I edit? (Thanks in advance 👍️)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭GBX

I've installed the desktop suite from the other thread. Sorted now.

Client side fix for &quot; and &amp; in thread titles

/**
     *  find all occurrences of escape characters and replace
     */

const regEx1 = new RegExp('&quot;', "g");
    const regEx2 = new RegExp('&amp;', "g");

$(".threadlink-wrapper a").text(function () {
        return $(this).text().replace(regEx1 , '\"'); 
    });

$(".threadlink-wrapper a").text(function () {
        return $(this).text().replace(regEx2 , '&'); 
    });

post #22/30 on this page if it is loading slow still 9 more posts for a new page

Some advise please...

Since resent, my CSS got partially effected by whatever changes boards/vanilla made

Per snap bellow Niamh's posts (only, so far i discovered) have this waste-space above her post body, does not effect any other user post.

What would be the cause?

Thanks

Possibly .postbit-postdetails .postbit-postbody {}

Try adding !Important to the style

Thanks folks.

Only see your posts now - still have notification issues.

The odd things.

First - without any changes on my CSS all posts are displayed fine now, and with suspect of page not loaded properly i had browser restarted several times last night.

The .postbit-postdetails .postbit-postbody {} part was not on my code as standalone (it is as part of .Frame,.postbit-postdetails,.postbit-userinfo,.postbit-postbody{} ).

But that is not it

Once added with {margin-top: 100px} for testing it also push .postbit-userinfo witch was not the case , also, it effects all posts

Advertisement