Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crèche and government guidelines

Options
  • 23-07-2021 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

Me and my wife will be returning from Poland on Sunday (fully vaccinated and with the certs). Our crèche just told us that even if current government guidelines say that our son doesn’t need to quarantine (2 years old), he will need to quarantine for 5 days post arrival and have a negative PCR test done 5 days after arrival before being allowed to go back.

My question is, due to the EU freedom of movement for its citizens, would this be discriminatory towards us? If instead of Poland we would’ve gone to west cork or donegal, he wouldn’t have to quarantine.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ax530

Our crèche have said 14 days quarantine on return from abroad. I think it bit much as many places safer than hotels in this country

• Registered Users Posts: 10,219 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Freedom of movement deals with governmental impacts not those of businesses. You issue is whether it contravenes your contract with them or your consumer rights. I suspect neither will be fruitful avenues.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭Frankie19

My creche is 14 days before returning or a negative pcr on day 5 after international travel.

Advertisement