Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vaccinated outside the EU

Options
  • 27-07-2021 1:36pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As the title suggests, I was vaccinated (AstraZeneca, February+April) in the UAE and have all the documents to prove it, but no way to convert it. I re-entered the country on this basis, so the government obviously accepts the vaccine, but there is no indication yet as to when they will issue EU certs for citizens vaccinated in third countries. In fact, the HSE website suggests they don't plan to even though the EU directive says that this is the responsibility of the country you're a citizen of.

I can't tell if I can travel abroad (looks like it, but it's not the golden pass...) and I doubt I will be allowed to eat indoors with my certificate. This is also the case for people vaccinated in Canada or the US, and (I think?) the UK.

Does anyone know anything more? Can we dine indoors with non-EU certs? Has anything been said anywhere about when they might authenticate them? It sucks having been vaccinated early on and now essentially losing any benefits that would've come with it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭bigar

It does not look like you will get the DCC in Ireland, as shown on the website: gov.ie - EU Digital COVID Certificate (www.gov.ie)

People who have been vaccinated or have recovered in another country

The Digital COVID Certificate is a record of a medical event that takes place in the country of issuing. People who were vaccinated or have recovered from COVID-19 in another jurisdiction will need to access the Digital COVID Certificate in that country. The certificate is not related to your citizenship.

If you are travelling from Ireland and need a Digital COVID Certificate of a negative test, you can access this through private providers.

The EU only provided a Recommendation, by the way and not a Directive. It is therefore not legally binding and it is up to the countries to decide if and how they will implement it.

Advertisement