Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Tues 27th July 2021, The sun always shines on Ballybrit

Options
  • 27-07-2021 11:39am

It must (the sun shining) be, because yesterday the going was yielding to soft come racing's end, after having been yielding early doors. Somehow, today the going is currently described as good. I don't know, but I've gone for one that goes on all kinds of grounds.

5.45 SILVER SERVICE

First off, this one is drawn low in box 4 (same as last yr's winner). Since 2012 the winners of this race have come from stalls 2,4,2,3,5,10,1,1,4. Low numbers are strongly favoured. At 25/1 this grey is worth an ew bet imo. Not a massive fancy by any means, and hard to make any kind of solid case for her winning. Form figures aren't great, but she usually ''runs her race" , and even when not winning (or coming placed) , she's rarely far away distance wise. I think there is definitely juice in the price (whatever about the ground 😂) , and I can see her going off at 14s or shorter.

This 5yr old has only ran once before at the course (way back in August 2018) where she was beaten less than a length over C & D. That covers course form, and the trainer and jockey - Mulvany and Dylan McMonagle - have been among the winners recently.

Looks a very unappealing meeting today for punting otherwise, and that's the only race that looked worth a look.

Comments

Going is now described as soft I see ☹️😂... How it was ever considered 'good' is beyond me.... Then again, I was on the irishracing website when I was looking at the R & Rs..... Perhaps other outlets had a more accurate/current going description...

Will go with 4 ew selections here including one of the reserves. Some of them are capable of going well over the extended 2m on the soft ground, but they've all proven that they can act on this ground, at this sort of trip, at some stage of their careers. Good enough prices anyway. 5 places on offer.

Landa Beach 14/1 , Dalileo 40/1 , Stellify 25/1, Anyonecanhaveitall (reserve) 25/1

Advertisement