We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

Galway Tues 27th July 2021, The sun always shines on Ballybrit

Registered Users Posts: 4,962 ✭✭✭ leffesem

It must (the sun shining) be, because yesterday the going was yielding to soft come racing's end, after having been yielding early doors. Somehow, today the going is currently described as good. I don't know, but I've gone for one that goes on all kinds of grounds.

5.45 SILVER SERVICE

First off, this one is drawn low in box 4 (same as last yr's winner). Since 2012 the winners of this race have come from stalls 2,4,2,3,5,10,1,1,4. Low numbers are strongly favoured. At 25/1 this grey is worth an ew bet imo. Not a massive fancy by any means, and hard to make any kind of solid case for her winning. Form figures aren't great, but she usually ''runs her race" , and even when not winning (or coming placed) , she's rarely far away distance wise. I think there is definitely juice in the price (whatever about the ground 😂) , and I can see her going off at 14s or shorter.

This 5yr old has only ran once before at the course (way back in August 2018) where she was beaten less than a length over C & D. That covers course form, and the trainer and jockey - Mulvany and Dylan McMonagle - have been among the winners recently.

Looks a very unappealing meeting today for punting otherwise, and that's the only race that looked worth a look.

Comments

Society & Culture