Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tilting forward while squatting

• 24-07-2021 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm a beginner to squatting and I've noticed that I'm leaning forward terribly badly and not getting any depth in my squat.

Any ideas guys?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Check on YouTube for ankle and hip mobility screening as one step

to start you could use something like 1-inch or so raisers under your heels (rest your heels only on them)

e.g. two paperback books

you'll still get most of the benefit of the squat and be able to have much better form

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Cill94

This is generally just a strength issue. If you can sit upright in a chair, then you have the flexibility to squat upright. You just can't hold your full bodyweight without that support yet.

I'd advice squats to a box. Drop height over time as you get stronger.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

In this day and age I would also consider videoing yourself and looking for a form check online. There are many Reddit and Facebook groups that would oblige. I could offer various ideas but honestly without seeing you squat, who knows for sure.

Advertisement