Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly me to the Moon - your 3rd travel Megathread - read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Kapu

Came back from Poland and Cyprus. My HSE vaccination card was accepted everywhere without any problem. Last night in Dublin airport I used self service border control gate. Just scanned my passport and left airport. Easiest of all travels ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 1sttime1

Does anyone know of travel insurance that covers the cost of mandatory quarantine accommodation within the EU?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,138 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I think that depends on the country you travel to, Ireland consider you vaccinated 7 days after the Pfizer but not 100% if that covers you for entering the country or if it's just internally.

A lot of European countries don't consider you fully vaccinated until 14 days after 2nd Pfizer jab, Spain for example

https://www.dfa.ie/travel/travel-advice/a-z-list-of-countries/spain/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,122 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Sure Faceman, you should just ask the HSE to "change the goalposts" from 90% to 5%. Sure then there would be no more virus. Problem immediately solved?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭The Nutty M

Came through Dublin arrivals T1 at around 11 this morning. Pleasant surprise to have the queue moving at a reasonable pace. Wasn't asked for PCR or PLF,just had I been in Switzerland for more than 14 days.

Zurich wasn't great,queue of people waiting to get onboard being asked for PCR and PLF. Plane ended up being nearly 40mins late taking off.

The airport was much busier than when I was back two months ago. It's great to see.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Unfortunately not, no travel insurance company will cover people for Covid related illness or related issues.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,586 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Dont be ridiculous, herd immunity at 5% is impossible but you already know that and you're using a stupid argument to make a flawed point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It is 7 days according to the HSE website. Each country can decide for themselves though, some seem to be immediately after second dose, some 7-days, others 14. My worry is the airline who need to do the checks too, not sure if they will all know the rules for each destination

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aveyer

When entering Ireland with an EU DCC (negative PCR) , do you still need to fill in Passenger Locator form? Reopen Europa and Gov.ie seem to conflict on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭PmMeUrDogs

1345 cases

105 in hospital

21 ICU

Wrong thread! 😅

Post edited by PmMeUrDogs on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

I can tell you that the airline I was on last night would not accept it. I had a PCR test done anyway as it was uncertain. They also insisted on the PLF which was not requested in Sunlin airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Moyglish

I'm flying to England tomorrow.

I have my Vaccination card and DCC so I thought I was sound for travelling.

However upon checking in for my flight o have just spotted this on the Ryanair app;

"Everyone entering England from overseas (including UK nationals and residents) must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken within 3 days of departure to England."

It's too late for me to get a test and results back now.

Am I screwed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 turnip7391

Anyone travelled through northern Ireland from abroad to get home recently. Any checks anywhere for a pcr or a passenger locator for travelling on to the republic when you arrive into the north or at any point after that? I'm aware an antigen is necessary to travel into northern Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Has anyone used gosafe48? I booked an antigen but they seem a lot cheaper and I can’t find much online about them. Are they legit??

• Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

How likely is it someone from the HSE will call to see if you are isolating? I have the sinopharm vaccine and it's a joke that it's not accepted. It's frustrating to think I'll have to isolate for the 5 days despite taking the measures that were available to me at the earliest opportunity.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Yes they will Face, but not hotel quarantine costs, but if you end up in Hospital they will cover you unless you travelled to a country that DFA advises against travelling to.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭Valhallapt

Lots of anecdotal evidence that they accept the HSE card. The Portugese government is due to announce changes to restrictions next week, so I'd check back later in the week as goal posts might be moved again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Yes they’re legit, I’m booked in with them I know others have used them and no problems.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Even with the DCC? I will be flying next week with the DCC 9 days post second shot. Even checked with the Irish embassy in country of departure (Germany). Don't want to pay the 160€ it would cost me for a PCR just in case if I can avoid it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,726 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Nope, scroll further down the page you linked it says :

Exemptions – people who do not need to take a test

Travel from some countries

You do not need to take a test if you began your journey to England from:

• Ireland, Northern Ireland, Scotland, Wales, the Isle of Man, Jersey or Guernsey
    • Falkland Islands, St Helena or Ascension

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Solobally8

And not only that, some travel insurance companies will pay out for extended hotel stays if you happen to test positive. Multitrip for example.

(Only happened to read about it today in the Irish Mirror online. It’s down at the bottom of this scaremongering headlined article)

I was bang on 14 days on the DCC and had a PCR just in case. Origin airport and Frankfurt in Lufthansa were more interested in the PCR test than they DCC. As I had the PCR I was not fighting on the DCC but it was not accepted at first and I quickly for sanity purposes produced the negative PCR. Perhaps they are or the view that Ireland is outside the DCC regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Can't see how they could refuse the DCC , it's the rules of the destination country you are flying into so when returning to Ireland once past 7 days of your second Pfizer you are deemed fully vaccinated, so it's the rules of the country you are flying into.

If flying to Spain is 14 days after your second dose, but if flying to France it's 7 days post your 2nd PFizer to be deemed fully vaccinated

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Did they change the rules about kids and pcr to come back into ireland? All I can find on websites is children 12-17 need tests but I thought I read before that it was over 6s?

My paranoia is that the govt website says 12-17 must get a test but it doesn't say under 12s don't need a test.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,233 ✭✭✭Sammy2012

They changed it as of the 19th of July. Now its only over 12 who need them.

12-17 require a test, under 12's don't, the rules changed the 19th of July for returning to Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 12,414 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Great. I recall an announcement about under 12s with the UK passengers but thought it was under 12s from UK. That'll save me a few bob and hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Meself

I found this page helpful when stressing over travel so thought Id give a quick update on my own travels to Lanzorote for anyone interested

We arrived back to Dublin from Lanzorote yesterday. Most of my group were from Northern Ireland.

We are all fully vaccinated apart from a 6 and 9 yr old.

We showed our vaccine cards (small cards you got with date of both vaccines) on way out and on return to Dublin. In Lanzo ariport they will also look for your vaccine card (or cert, depending what you have )

Be sure to fill out your locator forms online both ways.

You do not need any tests if fully vaxed(as of yesterday anyway )

I came across one woman whos husband was stopped from boarding a flight from Lanz to Dublin because he only had one vaccine ! Surprised he managed to get out of Ireland. Anyway, he had to stay behind and complete a PCR.

We had no hassle.

Very enjoyable holiday 😊😊

The communication on the Irish requirements are not exactly clear. I was glad I had the negative PCR as it was getting a little argumentative with some passengers at the gate.

• Advertisement

I agree, it definitely could be more clear , but it just states fully vaccinated and doesn't go into the specifics until you click into a link that brings you to hse website which has the information required.

Advertisement