Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Just bugs / missing functionality reports - no griping

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭barneyrub

No time stated on posts unless they're from today. V annoying

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

That blue tick is on in every forum I visit, by default.

Surely it should be off by default.

Unticking and re-ticking does nothing, so it seems to be pointless.

In forums I moderate, there is no blue tick, but when I tick it myself I get mod options.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭mossie

Date and time now showing on desktop but still not on mobile.

Old posts in this thread have date/time, todays posts only have time, on desktop.

1st post in this thread:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

@F1ngers have you checked , might have some extra info for you as MOD :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Often when I click into bookmarks it doesn’t open properly and I can’t see them.. will be like this for ages and then it will work… same happens if I click on notifications or mail tabs

Thanks, but not that.

It might be something mod related left over from The Change.

I don't think it should be there on the forums I don't moderate.

Is it there on any forum for you?

nope, dont see that box, dont even have column. That's why i thought it was just for mods

I don't recollect this happening when the notification 1st went live, but now when I click the mod notification banner I get the "leaving Boards" message.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,590 ✭✭✭Xander10

Is the Board's clock on a different time zone? posting this at 12.19 pm

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I'm sure it must have been mentioned ....

How do we know who is a moderator and even if we remember who is how do we know who is moderating what. Clicking on a moderators profile only gives the information "mod" and nothing more.

Furthermore it would be good to actually see how including mods is online and has visited a particular forum recently.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

All I see in there is:

At any opportunity, ban Esel.

😝

• Registered Users Posts: 19,610 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Theres two threads in Bargain Alerts I started years ago, I have unsubbed from them but I keep getting notifications for each new post in them. Anyone know how to stop the notifications?

Any way to disable drafts? If I write a response and don't send, delete and leave, it will still showing the reply window on return to the same thread.

On desktop, click your profile pic, top RHS of screen, select drafts and delete as appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

there seems to be no concept of a post being "read". so I look at "my threads" tab, I've no way of knowing which of them have any new posts, they're all in bold. or in a particular forum to mark all posts as read - that option is gone. Makes the site very awkward to use compared to the old version.

also the "Categories" link at the top of the page currently just throws back an error page. I don't know what the distinction be categories and topics is supposed to be.

It seams that "My Threads" are caried over for reference only and will be sort of transformed into "Bookmarks" , closed/open envelope indicate unread/read

Posting in the thread(aka "Discussion") does NOT auto-subscribe(aka bookmark), you have to do it manually, even for treads you had bin

yes, I've been using "Bookmarks" as well and you're right, but it's more clicks and messing around to achieve the same things. It might have been better if they'd just accepted the default setup for Vanilla and left people to get used to it, rather than creating this hybrid mess.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Would be handy if you could bookmark Forums as well as threads then you could set up your own subset of forums that you regularly visited.

Wake me up when it's all over.

"My Forums" as it is is useless as it's just showing posts from them in alphabetical order. The drop down list of subscribed forums is also gone.

Is there no useable way of accessing my old subscribed forums list?

Clicking on Topics is currently bringing up a list of all sub-forums in a somewhat random order, not categorised in any way - and as previously mentioned, Categories goes to an error page

The TalkTo/Topics/Regional banner is also not visible from within individual discussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

On mobile:

.The page doesn’t refresh when you post, you have to refresh manually each time.

. No “most recent” option when searching

. A new line doesn’t start a new sentence and begins with a small letter.

. I don’t like the amount of space between lines but that’s really minor.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭Sadb

Forgot these, still mobile:

. Doesn’t say who posted last or no way of knowing if another comment has been added since you posted unless you click into the forum.

. No post/page count on the front page.

• Has it been explained why the boards.ie custom theme hides the forum title and Follow button?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,562 ✭✭✭archfi

?!

So, the follow button/title has been there all along?!!

I thought the css posted on site to fix it just added it for functionality as it was 'on their list'

Christ almighty. (Does this count as griping?)

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• I've done a tonne of work on a Chrome extension.

Three things in the screenshot. I've unhidden the follow button and added three links in the top right that open Modals for Posts, Threads, and Forums. In the screenshot, I've clicked Forums and it shows posts from my followed Forums under the new system in the proper order.

Posts shows your comments and Threads shows what you've bookmarked. And I've made it so posting auto-bookmarks a thread.

Edit: It seems the followed forums posts just show up under Discussions. I hadn't followed any so didn't know that.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement