Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So, Who Made it back Here (after the Site Change)?

• 23-07-2021 8:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭

It was mentioned in another post that some of the Forum Games regulars have not returned so far.

So, who is back so far?

Kolido

Nothing

Air101

Also Starring Lever Burton

Irish Aris

Necro

Electric Nitwit

Trigger

Quickbeam

Neowise

Sawduck

Homer J. Fong

Capt'n Midnight

ShaneU

Osh

JP Liz V1

HeidiHeidi

TheValeyard

HildaOgdenx

Mollyb60

Deja Boo

Zaph

fixXxer

SineadSpears

cee_jay

speckle

yOssar1an22

BuileBeag

bubblypop

cdeb

Mam of 4

davetherave

Edser

Strawberry Milkshake

aaronjennings

duffman13

Arghus

Looksee

Noo

HeyV

Sephiroth_dude

Hillybilly4

Baggly

Sullivlo

Ted_YNWA

kitten_k

Toto Wolfcastle

Who else returned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I feel like I'm only barely hanging on by my fingernails 😩

God, I miss the old site soooooo badly!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

It's definitely taking some getting used to. I've not ventured onto the desktop site yet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭Purgative

Never really left but hanging on like HH. At the moment I just don't trust notifications. I either get none or guzillions. Well 48 this morning. 48, FFS that's like having a job.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Back, but going forward will be far less present than I had previously been, especially once I'm fully vaccinated (mid-late August hopefully). Will be starting to sit out of far more games anyway (except for Walruses, I can't resist the lure of a Walrus).

Even before the changeover, I had been planning to start gradually fading into the background more and more, so less to do with being incompatible with the new boards and more to do with an already shifting focus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

When you have 100 or more it just says 99+ there are so many I've stopped looking at them 🙈

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Besides Purgative, here are more regulars that resurfaced:

Ectoplasm

beakerjoe

Rikand

Khalessi

Would Bounty Hunter and Guffy be considered regulars - I don't think I had come across them before until I viewed a Werewolf Game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I'm getting a ton of notifications constantly. Makes it very annoying and impossible on mobile.

Any parts of the site I follow seem much quieter than normal. Probably to do with the decent weather too though.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,668 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I'd say traffic on the site is about 10% of what it was pre-migration.

If I was bored of an evening, I could happily surf the home page which would turn itself over every 10 mins or so (or less, even), clicking into random threads that I had zero interest in, and even less understanding of.

Now, I post on a thread, and I'm still looking at my name as last poster 3 or 4 hours later 🙄

I'm really, really hoping they can get over the pothole they seem to have run themselves into with this new site/platform/ whatever 😥

It's all just Such Hard Work now.....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I barely made it out alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

I guess it will improve over time. If they listen to what's needed. There's so many useful features the old site had which aren't on this one.

People will just adapt too as they get to it, but traffic is down a crazy amount alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,243 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Quite pleased to be considered one of the gang. *you guys!*

I've been back, but, man, things are just not the same since the changeover are they?

I hope things will change in time, or at least gradually get better, at the moment it's kinda heartbreaking to use the site: it was pretty much perfect from a user perspective and so much of that has just been flushed away.

It just bums me out to use boards at the moment , it's so hard to navigate and lots of basic features have vanished.

You can turn notifications off though. Click on your profile pic and click the bell icon on the left, you should see another icon - like a control or a volume button - on the right. Click on that and it will bring up the list of all the different types of notifications and you can toggle each one on or off.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Would Bounty Hunter and Guffy be considered regulars - I don't think I had come across them before until I viewed a Werewolf Game.

Of course, they are some of our elder statesmen.

@Declan A Walsh

If I was bored of an evening, I could happily surf the home page which would turn itself over every 10 mins or so (or less, even), clicking into random threads that I had zero interest in, and even less understanding of.

I miss the Thanks tab showing most thanked posts on a given day. It often brought me to threads that I never would have come across otherwise.

@HeidiHeidi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I'm quite liking the mobile site on a dark theme, although I'm not really fussed by much, like who was the last poster and followed forums. Never really followed forums anyways only threads.

I've also never really been much of a poster on desktop, so it's probably been an easier transition for me as a predominantly mobile user.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,776 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

I am just back. Finding new site awful but was not the only reason. Last couple of years were not easy but I was grand.......until I wasn't. So bit of time off work to take stock. So back I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,545 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Hope you're doing OK Kathleen

The past year or so has been tough enough, never mind having it on top of other stuff. Look after yourself, hope a little break helps

• Registered Users Posts: 20,323 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Thats the thing I am finding horrible - Mobile is just hideous. Desktop is workable for me but I'm done using a mobile for the moment. It's just so horrible. I'll only be using mobile for the upcoming werewolf game

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What are you finding horrible about it? I find it easy enough to get around. I suppose that may be I don't really venture outside my bookmarked threads or forums that I mostly use

• Registered Users Posts: 15,371 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hadn't participated in a game for a good few weeks before the upgrade because I was busy with work, and I'm still busy with work, but the new site is crap. Hard to find stuff, horrible layout and most forums are dead. Like a post above I did a bit of casual browsing on other threads aside from my regular spots and now there's so few posts there's nothing to browse.

Also the demented baby face icon under my name is horrible.

Also the demented baby face icon under my name is horrible.

@rainbowtrout

You can change your avatar, I believe. You could pick something nice, like:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Yeah, once you get used to it and as features are added, it's fine. I've my My Forums set back up and can filter in there, which is handy. Couple of things missing like notifications by thread rather than by post, or Most Thanked, but it's getting there.

Surprised I'm a regular here, but I'm back anyway! 🙂

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,314 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That's what I miss, browsing through the most thanked posts. Often landed on a thread or forum that I would not have read otherwise.

Apart from that, while I'm not mad about the changes, (to say the least) I'm getting used to the new layout. Everywhere is so much quieter than usual, the same threads seem to sit on the front page now for quite some time.

I never followed any forum, and seldom if ever followed threads, so any changes there make no difference to me.

Great to see Kathleen Grant and Rainbowtrout back! Barna77 is back as well!

JohnGreenFan is another returned regular!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

No sign of our colourful container.

Yeah, once you get used to it and as features are added, it's fine. I've my My Forums set back up and can filter in there, which is handy.

@cdeb is that only on mobile? I can't see how to filter My Forums on the desktop.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Yeah, I think it is alright. Maybe it's possible to do it on desktop, but not sure how, and they look like two separate websites. On mobile, the default is that it shows all posts, but you can toggle between "All" and "Following" and it'll do the trick.

Thanks. That’s what I thought. Trouble is there are forums like AH and TV that I might only follow a thread or two so there’s no point following the full form and having My Forums full of threads I’ve no interest in.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,830 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Advertisement