Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,666 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭glightning

That system to the south of Cornwall looks like a psycho right now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭External Association

That cell is slipping a little south of Portlaoise, Stradbally to Abbeyleix line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Hazy sunshine today here in my area of meath and the 1st day during this spell of weather where the temperature has been below 29c, its 28.2c.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 12,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Scorcher here near Tralee, got up to 28.5C and currently 26.9C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Fair drop in temperature with the thunderstorm. Just 2.2mm rain

Roscrea

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 4,693 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Stunning day in west cork again. After a bit of cloud, it's now pure blue sky well out to sea and all the other directions too. Strong enough breeze today though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

First rumble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 624 ✭✭✭glightning

Castlederg managed to reach 30c today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,946 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The wind has just shot up in Tuam. Skies are looking black. I think its about to start lashing

• Advertisement

The site is not letting me post photos

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

still hazy sun here in Meath but it's noticeably cooler here now than it has been in over a week. Temperature currently down from 24C at 3pm to 22C now.

Trying again. Please if the photo does not come on can someone do something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

a true sign of how amazing the weather has been recently that its 24 degrees and it feels more cool and refreshing. Can think of summers when sunshine and 24 degrees would be considered a really nice summers day. We really have been spoiled. You even look at the weekend ahead, dry and 21 degrees tomorrow and dry and 22 degrees on Sunday and its like mehhhhh

Have enjoyed this weather so much, epic stuff

Loud rumbles on and off

West Mayo offshore

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

All the thunder and lightning was to the north of me, could hear it all afternoon, would have taken the rain which is badly needed.

It will be nice when we get some rain and comfortable nights for sleeping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,174 ✭✭✭pauldry

31c in Sligo now in car and at weather station on wall. May only be 30c or 29c but a lot warmer than earlier when 27c.

On holidays all week and I've experienced

29c Saturday Lough Key

21c Sunday Rosses Pt

29c Monday Galway

31c Tuesday Ooughterard

30c Wednesday Mayo

30c Thursday Moore Hall

31c Friday Sligo (possibly 30c)

This is warmer than many of my foreign holidays in the past

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Not sure what charts you are looking at but I'm seeing forecasts for 25s to 27s throughout the weekend.

New Moon

I wonder when the term 'Arctic day' will become a thing, like when day time maxima doesn't exceed some arbitrary value like -5.0c or something. Or a 'monsoon day' when we have a daily rainfall total of over a 80mm or something.

Everything is being reduced to meaningless little soundbites.

New Moon

Same here but not a drop of rain. Never ceases to amaze me at just how hard it is to get rain in Ireland in the summer.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭SophieLockhart

9.4mm at Mace Head in the 6pm reports, quite a downpour.

42.8mm at the Derrybrien climate station in Galway today with 22.1mm of that apparently falling in the hour 1330 to 1430 according to WOW.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Highest temperature up here today of 30.1c at Castlederg.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,226 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

High of 30.6°c today in West Clare despite the clouds, down to 19.9°c now after a few light showers and several flashes/rumbles nearby.

Heavy rain here. Greatly appreciated. Very warm

West Mayo offshore.

Post edited by Graces7 on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭Tyrone212

Malin head recorded a tropical hour this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,226 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

The rainfall Radar seems to be reporting some erroneous returns where some of the heavy thunderstorms were today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,908 ✭✭✭acequion

What??? You are being sarcastic I presume? If not come to Kerry. We have so much of it here that we'll happily give you plenty to take away 😁 It is scarce this week though and it's just wonderful. But getting cloudy this eve so could come bucketting back at any minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Yeah we got it over this end of the county, had to pull in by the side of the road the rain was so heavy lots of lightning as well.

Nice cool and fresh 20 degrees now after it stopped raining.

• Advertisement

I haven't looked back through the archives and since I don't often look at the (limited) Northern Ireland data I have at hand, I don't have the stats engraved or memorised. Do you know what month has the most amount of 30C days in Northern Ireland with 2021 being 4? The Republic had at least 7 30C days in July 2013 and 6 days in August 1995, I will be seeing about how many July 1983 had soon.

Advertisement