Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What MPG are you getting from your vehicle?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

2011 Octavia estate 1.6 diesel.

I normally get 5.0 to 5.5 l/100km.

Nice relaxed drive from Nenagh to Sligo yesterday via Athlone and Roscommon. 4.7l/100km.

If I go via Tuam M17/M6 Loughrea Portumna Nenagh I get 5.0 to 5.3

• Registered Users Posts: 8,769 ✭✭✭CoBo55

Is that according to the display or are you actually measuring from fill to fill? What km's are you getting from a full tank? Anyone I know who had one of them found them very gutless and thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,433 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

After 2500 km in the Golf R I'm getting 27.5mpg / 10.3 l/100km

Not too many long trips lately

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,390 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i used to have the same car, and was getting similar (claimed) fuel consumption.

they're certainly not powerful, but i didn't find it thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭JCN12

Fill to fill and onboard computer are calculating about the same. I don't empty the tank so cannot say with regard to a distance covered from a full tank.

They are not particularly powerful, but the gear ratios are short which help a lot.

I could imagine it being thirsty if you like to drive hard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Have you tried with and without Millers out of interest? does it provide much additional KM's?

From reading review it would suggest using half the correct quatity people seem to think works better?

I'll be filling later this week. Will I try using half or going without? It certainly makes the engine much smoother and has made a huge difference to the amount of regens being done and also the amount of adblue that it's using.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dudley72

Just interested. I googled and found

Does Millers ecomax actually work?

Results. Using Millers Ecomax at the recommended concentration (50ml per 50 L) or higher concentrations produced no improvement in economy. However, using the product at half the recommended concentration produced on average an approximate 5% improvement in fuel economy.

I have moved to a diesel and not massively concerned with fuel consumption but if this actually works then maybe I should invest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

I wonder would that miller's do anything for a petrol car?

• Advertisement

I'm going to try it at half concentration this fill and see is there any difference in consumption. As I said earlier the main difference I felt was less regens and the car is certainly a lot smoother, now it could be just down to the engine freeing up as it's only on 45,000 km but it isn't doing any harm using it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 889 ✭✭✭Joe 90

I seem to get about 12.5 around town and about 28 on the open road. That's going by the fuel computer, not checking properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

What’s the science in it doing less regens I wonder, I’m sure the engine is still emitting particulates.

on a related note, I did 380km on Sunday, and today it decides to do a regen! I’ll never interrupt it doing one, so had to go on an impromptu spin.

I had it in getting some slight engine tweaks recently, guy checked on his computer and the DPF is as sound as a pound, which is nice after 210k

So feckin annoying when that happens, maybe the engine is running a bit cleaner with the millers I don't know tbh but it's definitely doing less regens.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is it the DPF cleaner additive you’re using or something else?

It just says diesel additive, I'll check the can when I'm home. If I stay using the half dose I'll never use what's in the can. I got a great deal on 5 litres during the lockdown, a bit of a pain in the butt to dispense but I have it sorted now.

Quick edit, I had a look on the Halfords site where I bought it first, it's Millers dieselpower ecomax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Yarisbob

I saw this thread and thought - A nice challenge ..!

My commute is backroads for 30k and 30k of motorway - Just tipped along keeping up the gears and no harsh lifts

Motorway kept to 105-110k.

Car is a 05 Fabia vRS 1.9 TDi with a mild tune (Garrett 1756VK, FMIC and 120% Firerad Injectors)

10 gallon or around 45 litre tank

Kept the boost to around 0.4 to 0.6 bar for a full week fill to fill. Didn't check the figures on the computer

61mpg or 4.6 l/100km, - God bless the 1.9 PD .. an absolute legend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Gorteen

Driving an Audi A6 2 litre diesel and I often drive with a heavy foot, I'm getting in the region of 5l/100km which is about 47mpg. This is by far the most economical car I've every driven.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,819 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Have a 2010 E220 Coupe, on the motorway the other day, she was averaging 5.4l/100km (43mpg), but because I'm rarely on the motorway and it's mostly primary or secondary roads, I average 6.4l/100km (36mpg). The little digital bar that shows real time consumption shooting up to 10+ when I put the foot down does make one reconsider it sometimes! But I love the car, and it's the most economical I can remember having. These yokes are designed for motorways, and I do like to drive at the legal limit. She's also only a 5 forward gear auto, which I thought was a bit strange as the saloon has the 6 forward I believe.

E200 Kompressor- petrol- never got more than 33MPG no matter how carefully I drove it- was getting 20% less throughout lockdown due to the multiple small journeys - while mines the previous model the”re such a comfortable car though and a joy to drive - with no car loan and car in good working order I can justify my low MPG but I can only dream of some of the figures listed on this thread

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pafro

Depending on the weight of my right foot.

8.5L/100km at 120km/h with cruise control but also, almost 75L fuel tank gone after 23 laps at Mondello.

Porsche Macan Turbo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,411 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Skoda Superb 2.0 diesel 150hp. 201. 36,000 km up on it now. 4.3 L/100KM average since new. That's about 65mpg. Couldn't fault it. All sorts of driving. Had 1,200 km done on the one tank last Summer, and there was still a range of 100km left.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

My car normally runs about 7l/100km in the city, about 5.6l/100km out on the roads, I do the latter more often

• Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭jmreire

You may remember the discussion we had some time back about adding 2T oil to the diesel when refilling. So maybe milers is working on the same principle, keeping all the fuel system clean and free of carbon build up. I used it unreservedly in the 1.9 A6, it did a great job, stopped it having limp mode attacks, but I'm not so sure about using it in the MB 220. We will see. Fuel consumption in the Merc is nothing like as good as it was in the A6......that was some miser on fuel (even though it was sports configuration } Fill to fill averages out at 8.2 Ltrs / 100 Klms. Best case is 7 Ltrs/100, worst was 10 ltrs / 100, ( but that was when using a trailer) I must pull the air cleaner and see what it is like. It was one of these Mercs which has had its ECO's "upgraded" on its last service, and this so called upgrade really reduces performance and invreases fuel consumption.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,293 ✭✭✭jmreire

It all depends, mine is the 722.9 7speed automatic transmission, and according to the dash fuel consumption figures, it can vary from 1 of 2 Ltrs/100klm, to as you say 20 Ltrs / 100Klms in the blink of an eye......and these are perfectly true figures, for that particular point in time. Its when it gives out its averages, that you can have conflict between fill-to-fill actual figures and the computer generated ones. Mine gives a 7 ltr/100klm, but actual real consumption figure's are much higher. 8.2 to 10 ( and sometimes 11 ) when I use the trailer, and most of my driving is on hilly secondary country roads, which does not help either But now that we are free to roam again, I'll do a proper motorway test on it.

Just get a additive designed for petrol engines and you're sorted.

Filled yesterday, got 5.5l/100 started using the half dose of Millers just to see does it make a difference to consumption, car doesn't feel as smooth...

• Advertisement

Those supposed upgrades are a pain especially when they make the car worse.

The Millers smells very like the model aircraft fuel my father used to mix himself. Amyl nitrate, ether, Castrol R in exact amounts into kerosene, nothing as nice as getting a new engine running and everything behind it destroyed in unburned Castrol R. My poor mother hated the sound of them, no wonder I'm as deaf as a post now!!

Advertisement