Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RIP thread for people involved in film

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,027 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Ah nooo. May she rest in peace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,517 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

peteeeed wrote: »
    Oscar winner Olympia Dukakis, the theater veteran who rose to prominence late in her career with memorable turns in 1980s films such as “Moonstruck” and “Steel Magnolias,” has died at the age of 89.

https://www.latimes.com/obituaries/story/2021-05-01/olympia-dukakis-dead

RIP Olympia Dukakis

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭MfMan

Tom Hickey, screen and stage actor, but forever known for Benjy Riordan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Tawny Kitaen has died : ‘Bachelor Party’ Actress And Whitesnake Video Vixen Was 59

https://deadline.com/2021/05/tawny-kitaen-dies-actress-and-whitesnake-video-vixen-was-59-1234752370/

peteeeed wrote: »
    Tawny Kitaen has died : ‘Bachelor Party’ Actress And Whitesnake Video Vixen Was 59

https://deadline.com/2021/05/tawny-kitaen-dies-actress-and-whitesnake-video-vixen-was-59-1234752370/

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,887 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Norman Lloyd has died aged 106 RIP.

Norman Lloyd has died aged 106 RIP.

Loved St Elsewhere, as a kid. Massive legacy, from that show, which launched even larger careers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

Graeme Ferguson, the Canadian filmmaker who co-founded Imax, died age 91.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/graeme-ferguson-dead-canadian-filmmaker-imax-co-founder-91-1234753732/

Neil Connery died on the 10th of May aged 83.

The younger brother of Sean starred in a few spoof movies on Bond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭p to the e

Blackie Dammett. Most notable role was the opening scene in "Lethal Weapon". Also known as the father of Anthony Kleidis.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackie_Dammett

blackie-dammett-64bc9489-58e7-4042-8338-bcfdb178226-resize-750.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Neil Connery died on the 10th of May aged 83.

The younger brother of Sean starred in a few spoof movies on Bond.

Operation Kid Brother comes to mind

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,729 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Charles Grodin has died:

https://twitter.com/nytimesarts/status/1394706278472110080?s=21

Well-known for several films, but gotta say his incredibly funny performance in The Heartbreak Kid is god-tier. Truly one of the best performances I’ve ever seen in a comedy.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Ah no :( Loved Midnight Run. And with Yaphet Kotto only recently gone too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Great as the father in Beethoven and Beethoven's 2nd

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭arcticmonkeys

Clifford's a great movie for anyone who hasn't seen it. A childhood favorite of mine. Definitely one of the most bizzare PG rated movies you'll see.

He has a great cameo in So I married an Axe Murderer along with the great Phil Hartman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,461 ✭✭✭✭Zeek12

quickbeam wrote: »
    Ah no :( Loved Midnight Run. And with Yaphet Kotto only recently gone too.

Ah crap. Really sad to hear that. :(
    I Just re-watched it recently after Yaphet Kotto passed away. What a great movie. One of the best of the 80's

RIP Charles.
    This film was packed with brilliant performances. But he was the stand out for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭KurtVon

Zeek12 wrote: »
    His performance in Blue Collar is top notch. I actually avoided the film for years even as a big fan of most of the participants, thinking it was some kind of silly Pryor vehicle with bad laughs. How wrong I was. It totally stands the test of time.
    A fantastic film.

I wouldn't swap my Dvd of that movie for anything.

I hadn’t realised that Yaphet Kotto had died. I liked him in “Alien” and “Live and Let Die”, but I agree that “Blue Collar” is a great movie. I’m not sure if anyone makes that kind of film these days.

Passed away at the start of this year, Gregory Sierra, film and TV supporting man. Amongst other roles, he played a convict on the run in Papillon, a barman in The Towering Inferno, a doomed priest in John Carpenter's Vampires etc.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0797268/?ref_=tt_cl_t13

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,111 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Robert Hall, director of the wonderful Laid to Rest and the not so wonderful Laid to Rest 2 has apparently died aged 47. He also did effects work on Pineapple Express, Teen Wolf the series and the Terminator series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-57252369

Samuel E Wright, best known for voicing Sebastian the crab in Disney's The Little Mermaid, has died at 74

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Kevin Clark, drummer in ‘School of Rock,’ hit and killed by driver while biking in Avondale . RIP

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2021/5/26/22454359/kevin-clark-dies-school-of-rock-crash-avondale-western-chicago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,513 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gavin McCloud, who played Moriarty in Kellys heroes, has died at the age of 90.

10818-10189.jpg

Singer B.J Thomas died aged 78 a 5 time Grammy winner

Raindrops Keep Fallin' on My Head.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Um, I thought he'd be older.

Joe Lara has died aged 58 in a plane crash along with his wife and 5 other people, RIP.

He starred in a lot of B Movies in the 90's and early 00's however is probably best know for playing Tarzan on TV in Tarzan: The Epic Adventures in the mid 90's

10818-10189.jpg

"Negative waves Moriarty"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,721 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

10818-10189.jpg

Jaysus he was in great shape for 90

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

10818-10189.jpg

Also star in Love Boat !

Buddy Van Horn has died aged 92 RIP.

He was Clint Eastwood’s Stunt Double and director of Eastwood's Any Which Way You Can, The Dead Pool and Pink Cadillac.

https://deadline.com/2021/05/buddy-van-horn-dead-any-which-way-you-can-the-dead-pool-director-clint-eastwoods-stunt-double-was-82-1234766821/

• Advertisement

345973.jpg

Ned Beatty has died, aged 83. News coming in just now.

Had a very prolific career, from appearing in the the dark and disturbing Deliverance, all the way up to playing Lotso the toy bear in Toy Story 3.

RIP. A genuinely wonderful actor.

https://www.thewrap.com/ned-beatty-prolific-superman-and-network-character-actor-dies-at-83/

RIP but I thought he was already dead :o I remember him most from the tv show Homicide Life on the Street

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Recliner

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    RIP but I thought he was already dead :o I remember him most from the tv show Homicide Life on the Street

Wow, I only watched Deliverance one. Literally couldn't stomach it a second time.
    Excellent performances all round, but such a disturbing film.

Hear My Song as Irish Tenor Josef Locke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Lotso bear was such an iconic villain

Deliverance a very disturbing story

Rip Mr Beatty

Brave man accepting that role in Deliverance back then. Nothing remotely like that had been near the big screen before.

Of Irish descent wasn't he?

Loved his Superman role.
    Lotso bear was such an iconic villain

Deliverance a very disturbing story

Rip Mr Beatty

Surely should have played Hamm in toy story :o

Gone Girl actor Lisa Banes died 10 days after being injured in a hit-and-run accident in New York City, police said.

Banes, 65, who was struck by a scooter or motorcycle while crossing a street on June 4, died on Monday at Mount Sinai Morningside Hospital, a police department spokesperson said.

Banes appeared in numerous television shows and movies, including Gone Girl in 2014 and Cocktail with Tom Cruise in 1988.

On television, she had roles on Nashville, Madam Secretary, Masters Of Sex and NCIS.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Gone Girl actor Lisa Banes died 10 days after being injured in a hit-and-run accident in New York City, police said.

Banes, 65, who was struck by a scooter or motorcycle while crossing a street on June 4, died on Monday at Mount Sinai Morningside Hospital, a police department spokesperson said.

Banes appeared in numerous television shows and movies, including Gone Girl in 2014 and Cocktail with Tom Cruise in 1988.

On television, she had roles on Nashville, Madam Secretary, Masters Of Sex and NCIS.

Sad. Played Rosamund Pike's snobbish mother in Gone Girl I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Richard Donner Dies: ‘Superman’, ‘Lethal Weapon’ And ‘The Goonies’ Director Was 91

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

Richard Donner Dies: ‘Superman’, ‘Lethal Weapon’ And ‘The Goonies’ Director Was 91

That’s sad news, he was hoping to film a new Lethal Weapon movie not too long ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,001 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Good age though. Also directed a couple of personal faves; Ladyhawke, and The Omen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,191 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Maverick my go to happy film when I was younger absolute pisstake of a film Mel Gibson was great.

RIP Richard Donner

Maverick my go to happy film when I was younger absolute pisstake of a film Mel Gibson was great.

RIP Richard Donner

RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

I thought he would have been classed as more than "less famous"?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058198420/1/#post117598662

To be a fantastic director and story teller. He helmed so many iconic movies. One of my favourites.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,363 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A legendary director, blessed with a good long life. RIP.

Spanish actress Pilar Bardem, the mother of Javier Bardem, has died at 82

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

John Cornell has died at the age of 80.

He wrote the Crocodile Dundee movies and was Paul Hogan's Manager.

He played the character of Strop in 'The Paul Hogan Show'.

He was a personal hero to me when I found out that he married his co-star Delvene Delaney.

The three of them are pictured here together.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,898 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Dieter Brummer who played Shane in Home and Away back in the mid nineties has died aged 45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I posted about Markie Post, who died a couple of days ago, in the TV forum, since that's where she was best known for shows such as The Fall Guy, Night Court, and Scrubs. She is in one of the most famous scenes in comedy movie history, though: as Cameron Diaz's mom in There's Something About Mary, she tries to assist Ben Stiller after his "frank & beans" mishap. "Now... what exactly are we looking at here?" 😳

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement
Advertisement