Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4/128GB £129 Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

theShire wrote: »
    TCL 10L appears to be unlocked, tried a GOMO SIM and was able to receive incoming calls.

One thing to note is it's a single SIM, thought specs online mentioned dual but the tray is SD + SIM and no mention of secondary SIM in settings.

This is a gift for a relative so not using myself but will report any feedback I get.

I picked one up today and it is indeed unlocked. I was forced to top up by 20 euro on my new (unwanted) vodafone SIM though so it cost 80 in the end. I queried it but he said I had do this to get the 100 euro off the phone.

Great phone for the money though. Very snappy and has NFC which is a big one for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

The lips wrote: »
    Sales rep in my local vodafone shop did say it will be back in stock instore and online with that price for switchers, no date, stock issue only.

Anyone else see the Xiaomi UK offers from today, just spotted this on twitter
    https://twitter.com/XiaomiUK/status/1410636819201470464

From what I can remember the images for the Note 10 + Band on VF looked very similar.

Any chance VF put the offer up too early and had to pull it? Might be worth keeping en eye on it over the next few days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,104 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

TCL 10L appears to be unlocked, tried a GOMO SIM and was able to receive incoming calls.

One thing to note is it's a single SIM, thought specs online mentioned dual but the tray is SD + SIM and no mention of secondary SIM in settings.

This is a gift for a relative so not using myself but will report any feedback I get.

a lot of phones it's SD or 2nd Sim, they use the same slot in the tray.

Anyone else see the Xiaomi UK offers from today, just spotted this on twitter
    https://twitter.com/XiaomiUK/status/1410636819201470464

From what I can remember the images for the Note 10 + Band on VF looked very similar.

Any chance VF put the offer up too early and had to pull it? Might be worth keeping en eye on it over the next few days

The Redmi Note 10 5G is available again at 99euro today -no band included though
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-10-5g.html?gallery=payg

Offer on the TCL 10L is gone (https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/tcl/10-l.html?gallery=payg)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭The lips

The Redmi Note 10 5G is available again at 99euro today -no band included though

Offer on the TCL 10L is gone (https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/tcl/10-l.html?gallery=payg)

Got my order through using a 48 SIM, confirmation email received, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭Bazmo

Wouldn't hold my breath. Was in the same boat, order was cancelled overnight.

Bazmo wrote: »

I ordered 2 with 48 SIMs, no issues, both delivered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 837 ✭✭✭boardtc

Fantastic I see it. So just say you are moving to Vodafone and €20 plan and you pay €120 job done, right? If you say getting a new number you don't get the deal But it asks me when I want to switch to Vodafone? I'm on Lycamobile. What do in order to not switch? Sorry to have to repeat but I can't figure it.

boardtc wrote: »
    Fantastic I see it. So just say you are moving to Vodafone and €20 plan and you pay €120 job done, right? If you say getting a new number you don't get the deal But it asks me when I want to switch to Vodafone? I'm on Lycamobile. What do in order to not switch? Sorry to have to repeat but I can't figure it.

No, if you give your own number it WILL be moved to Vodafone!

You need to use a SIM from 48/Eir/Gomo with a new number and then use that to port to VF and get €100 off bringing the Note 10 down to €99.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭billyhead

You need to use a SIM from 48/Eir/Gomo with a new number and then use that to port to VF and get €100 off bringing the Note 10 down to €99.99

Sorry for the stupid question. If I'm on the GoMo network this offer is no use unless I switch to VF?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Marhay70

billyhead wrote: »
    Sorry for the stupid question. If I'm on the GoMo network this offer is no use unless I switch to VF?

You can still buy the phone and use it on GOM, (I am), you will just have to use a different sim to buy it, like one from Eir or 48.

Bazmo wrote: »

Another order cancelled due to a 'rare technical glitch'

At this stage between the Note 9/Note 10/TCL 10L I can count ~10 orders cancelled since April due to a 'rare technical glitch', tried 3 different numbers and 4 payment cards.

fairly pi**ed off 🀬

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,861 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Ordered the redmi 10 last night. Got a tracking number for An Post. Will it go through?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

mfceiling wrote: »
    Ordered the redmi 10 last night. Got a tracking number for An Post. Will it go through?
    If you got the tracking number it's on the way, should probably have it Tuesday.

gerard2210 wrote: »
    If you got the tracking number it's on the way, should probably have it Tuesday.

Beginning to think Vodafone don't want my money :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭robwen

If u do the click & collect from store option, do u get an email telling u when it's ready for collection & do u have to collect it in person or can somebody else collect it for u??

Thanks for your patience. So you then throwaway the new SIM, put your old sim in and your are sorted for 120?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Tried to order again for the other half... cancelled again. 48 sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

So you then throwaway the new SIM, put your old sim in and your are sorted for 120?

Yes, except for throwing the SIM away...keep it for when another bargain appears where a Vodafone SIM could be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Buffman

robwen wrote: »
    If u do the click & collect from store option, do u get an email telling u when it's ready for collection & do u have to collect it in person or can somebody else collect it for u??

You get a text message for collection to the number you ported (so make sure you have it on in a phone).

They ask for ID on collection so presumably whoever paid for it has to collect it.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Advertisement

boardtc wrote: »
    Thanks for your patience. So you then throwaway the new SIM, put your old sim in and your are sorted for 120?

they don't take the 20 for credit, so it's just 100.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

they don't take the 20 for credit, so it's just 100.

Others have said that in-store purchase required 20e top up so best to do click and collect or buy online although online is hit and miss with orders cancelled.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Ordered on Sunday, no dispatch note, arrived today, €100, suppose I don't need top up

meathman0 wrote: »
    Ordered on Sunday, no dispatch note, arrived today, €100, suppose I don't need top up

Quick one, did you select the 64GB/128GB model and what did you receive?
    Only noticed there yesterday that they've both listed for the same price/discount

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭meathman0

Quick one, did you select the 64GB/128GB model and what did you receive?
    Only noticed there yesterday that they've both listed for the same price/discount

I was trying the 128gb, went all the way to payment and failed, selected the 64GB and order went through, the one I received was the 12GB.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Yes, except for throwing the SIM away...keep it for when another bargain appears where a Vodafone SIM could be used.

Sound! I'm no where near a shop. It seems I have to wait 5 days to get posted a 48.sim

• Registered Users Posts: 37 grahamfitness

Does anyone have any feedback on the Note 10 5g or the TCL 10 pro handsets?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Hi Is this handset locked to a network

Hi Is this handset locked to a network

I got the note 10 5g and it's unlocked. Great phone for the money.

Got 2. Used lycamobile sims. Great phone for 99

• Advertisement

Unlocked

In case this helps anyone navigate, what I did to just complete a successful order for €99.99 😅

1. Go to https://48.ie, create an account and order a free sim, must be done online
    2. When 48.ie sim arrived (3 days), go to 48 and enter 4 digit activation code on sim, this shows you the phone number on the web page
    3. Put the 48.ie sim in a phone and the 48 network is picked up
    4. Go to https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-10-5g.html
    5. Select 128GB, Not a Vodafone customer, Keep my number, Choose top up offer Vodafone X and press continue
    6. You are asked to enter your 48.ie number
    7. Enter the 4 digit code sent to the 48.ie sim and it's verified
    8. Uncheck create account, enter payment for the handset only, not for the pay as you go payment plan 😅😝
    Post edited by boardtc on

You forgot the last step...

* Wait for confirmation/dispatch email which never comes, contact support who tell you a 'rare technical glitch occurred and your order is cancelled' for the 12th time (yes TWELVE using 3 different SIMs, 3 names/addresses, 2 debit cards, 2 credit cards)

Both of mine came through no issue

Order confirmation mail within the hour

No dispatch or tracking email, but both arrived working day later + 1

Oh Jeepers, that sucks. I got the purchase confirmation email quickly, my bank account was charged this afternoon, I expect to get it early next week, fingers crossed ✌️🙏

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭go4it

noticed that on the Supervalu app , under their usual offers for insurance - holiday- and the like, there's a vodafone offer with money off some phones.

Original price / reduced price doesn't match the Vodafone site, but might be useful to others : Pixel 4a reduced to 160 ; Huawei P40 Lite 5G reduced to 150e ; Nokia 3.4 reduced to 65e

If already vf payg customer they offer 100e off from Xiaomi Mi 11Lite , but doesn't say what's the original price

Tried to buy Note 9, then Note 10, then TCL10L since mid April.

Funds were authorized/held but refunded within a few days.

Did get order confirmation emails, just no other correspondence, had to contact support with order # to check status.

I did manage to buy the TCL10L in another transaction for a relative. Seems like a good fone for their use.

I'll try order the Note 10 again in a week or so, current fone touch panel is separating from the screen so need something soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 579 ✭✭✭glen123

Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G

€229.99 (original price - €329.99)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

So, Vodafone cancelled my order, but still ported my number over. Should I have any recourse here?

• Advertisement

I thought they only ported the number after delivery of the handset?

Did u select a specific date/time to port while ordering?

On a previous order my handset was delivered at home and the number I ported went out of service while at work, it was a throwaway SIM so didnt cause me any harm but would be fairly screwed if it was my own number.

If it's ur own personal number I'd cause war with them; if u used a throwaway number then I'd ignore it and move on, or u could port it back to 48 again in a few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,843 ✭✭✭Buffman

Of course you do, if they cancelled the order but took your number then they've essentially stolen your phone number. If they don't revert back for you get onto comreg.

https://www.comreg.ie/queries-complaints/got-a-question/

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

You don't have to take a 'smart' meter if you don't want one, opt-out is available.

Buy drinks in 3L or bigger plastic bottles or glass bottles or cartons to avoid the DRS fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭baldshin

It was a throwaway sim so I'm not overly fussed, just a bit irked! Tried to order multiple times a few weeks back and kept being cancelled so I gave up. When I saw them in stock locally again for pickup I decided to try again to get one as a birthday present, only to discover the number had been ported.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 150 ✭✭spuddy01

Great bargain ordered for mother in law with an old 3 sim & was delivered 3 days after. Fantastic price for a phone of that spec €99.99 cant really go wrong can you.Thanks for the info, scored some brownie points on this one 😁 Can anybody recommend a good case for this redmi note 10 5g if ye have found one thanks 👍️

Having had it for a few days now, I am delighted with the redmi note 10 5g.

The only think it's missing for me is NFC if you like using google pay...I use my watch so I don't mind.

It has nfc

• Advertisement

Definitely has NFC. I'm using it constantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭68508224

Maybe someone here could help me. On other Android phones I had you could drag down from the top and a search bar would come up that would search the entire phone e.g. docs, apps. Can't seem to access similar on the Note 9, anyone know a way? Thanks for any help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

I didn't have that with Xiaomi but installed Microsoft Launcher and that has it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Ordered this Monday morning, arrived in the post yesterday. Lovely phone!!!! Thank you OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,788 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Can anyone link to a properly fitting case for this?

• Advertisement
Advertisement