Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4/128GB £129 Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Buffman

Morby wrote: »
    I was thinking of the TCL, however I was wondering what the caveat was, it's such a cheap price.

Does it have Google play services etc.. or what's the catch with it?

No catch really, I'm considering it as a spare, specs look great for the price. 6GB of RAM for €60 is great value.

https://www.gsmarena.com/tcl_10l-10180.php

TCL have been around for a while as Alcatel brand so they're not new to the phone game.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭theShire

Buffman wrote: »
    No catch really, I'm considering it as a spare, specs look great for the price. 6GB of RAM for €60 is great value.

https://www.gsmarena.com/tcl_10l-10180.php

TCL have been around for a while as Alcatel brand so they're not new to the phone game.

Is the TCL confirmed as unlocked?

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Morby

Great Q!

Would also love to know if the TCL is unlocked before ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Asus1

Great Q!

Seems so
    Picked one up yesterday. Originally purchased online with Home delivery, but apparently out of stock and on Backorder. Loads available in the Shops so went with "click & collect" to avoid any pressure to buy €20 credit instore.....

.......and it's unlocked ! Gomo sim working away in it.

BTW, the online site is showing it as Black and 128G Storage. It's only available in Blue or White, and VF appear to only have it with 64G Storage.
    Fantastic value at €60.
    That's not my opinion I just copied and pasted a reply from search on this site.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Bazmo

For anyone who bought the Note 10 5G while they were still advertising is as coming with the smart band - did you receive it?

• Advertisement

Asus1 wrote: »
    Seems so
    Picked one up yesterday. Originally purchased online with Home delivery, but apparently out of stock and on Backorder. Loads available in the Shops so went with "click & collect" to avoid any pressure to buy €20 credit instore...

That's great to know, I didn't realise that you could click and collect and not be pushed into the €20 top-up there and then which I don't need.

Bazmo wrote: »
    For anyone who bought the Note 10 5G while they were still advertising is as coming with the smart band - did you receive it?

I ordered on the 8th, same day the offer went live (I think) not a peep about the band since!

Been onto customer service and keep being fobbed off - either they were already sold out by the time I ordered (I don't believe that for a second) or that I need to wait two weeks for a claim code to be sent to me, or that it would automatically be sent separately

I get a different answer depending who I'm talking to, they obviously don't have a clue.

Doubtful at getting it now at this stage. It's left a sour taste in my mouth and seems poor form and dishonest.

Asus1 wrote: »
    Seems so
    Picked one up yesterday. Originally purchased online with Home delivery, but apparently out of stock and on Backorder. Loads available in the Shops so went with "click & collect" to avoid any pressure to buy €20 credit instore.....

.......and it's unlocked ! Gomo sim working away in it.

BTW, the online site is showing it as Black and 128G Storage. It's only available in Blue or White, and VF appear to only have it with 64G Storage.
    Fantastic value at €60.
    That's not my opinion I just copied and pasted a reply from search on this site.

Thanks, have ordered online today for home delivery - will see how it goes.
    Click and collect not available for my local store so would have to travel to buy that way.

I ordered on the 8th, same day the offer went live (I think) not a peep about the band since!

Been onto customer service and keep being fobbed off - either they were already sold out by the time I ordered (I don't believe that for a second) or that I need to wait two weeks for a claim code to be sent to me, or that it would automatically be sent separately

I get a different answer depending who I'm talking to, they obviously don't have a clue.

Doubtful at getting it now at this stage. It's left a sour taste in my mouth and
    seems poor form and dishonest.

Couldn't agree more. I to was on to them and getting the "was out of stock when you ordered" excuse too.

Couldn't agree more. I to was on to them and getting the "was out of stock when you ordered" excuse too.

I would be VERY curious to know if anyone who ordered on here actually did receive their Mi band with/after their order?

If we ordered the same day the order went live I find it very hard to believe there were two hundred orders placed ahead of ours.

It's not like the offer and launch were heavily promoted and advertised and touted all over social media.

IICRC the original poster who spotted the deal and shared it on here only discovered it because he was looking for the Note 9 and noticed that this had replaced it.

I wouldn't be surprised if they used the stock image and text blurb from the UK Vodafone site as they were running the offer, only actually had a proper set up allowing people to claim the Mi Band and the UK customers have received theirs, and now that Vodafone IE have had multiple queries from customers wondering where their Mi Band is that they've realised their gaff and quickly pulled it from the site.

Unlikely, perhaps, yet anything wouldn't surprise me at one stage.

I'm beginning to doubt this was a genuine offer and that even one single person received their Mi Band

Would love to be proved wrong however, so if anyone here got one would you please mind sharing the date and time of your purchase and if it came automatically with your order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 circlek

Ordered on the 3rd June, Thursday. Dispatched on Thursday night. No band.

CS are clueless. I'd love the band but not sure what can be done. I obviously don't want to return the phone!

circlek wrote: »
    Ordered on the 3rd June, Thursday. Dispatched on Thursday night. No band.

CS are clueless. I'd love the band but not sure what can be done. I obviously don't want to return the phone!

Yeah, it's a bit of a balls up all around, you can tell CS haven't a clue and are just making things up on the spot when you ask them and fobbing you off to get rid of you as quickly as possibly and no matter what info they come back you know they're lying.

I'd be more impressed if they just said they hadn't a clue and weren't even sure what department to go to or who to contact to find out about the offer.

Too late for any of us to return the phone now in "protest" as it's well past the 14 day cooling off period, plus I want the phone but the Mi Band was a definite decided in me buying so I'll be a bit miffed if it was all a ruse, but how can you prove that, you can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,378 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

The band is available for about €30 lads, I have one myself and its grand. Definitely not worth getting worked up over.

The band is available for about €30 lads, I have one myself and its grand. Definitely not worth getting worked up over.

Honestly it's not the value, it's the principle of it and how shifty and shady the customer service reps are. Can't get a straight answer out of any of them.

It just feels of poor customer service and whilst I know all networks are much of a muchness nowadays and CS is poor with them all, for the most part, this experience has really left a sour taste in my mouth and put me off using Vodafone again.

If they're like this with a small issue I'd hate to think how they handle more serious matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 circlek

I'm just glad I got the phone! With Vodafone even that is a lottery. I didn't even think I'd get it as I've had multiple orders cancelled in the past.

Initially the band was a deciding factor but when I received a 128GB phone instead of 64GB as well as NFC, I wasn't going to complain. NFC is optional.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

circlek wrote: »
    I'm just glad I got the phone! With Vodafone even that is a lottery. I didn't even think I'd get it as I've had multiple orders cancelled in the past.

Initially the band was a deciding factor but when I received a 128GB phone instead of 64GB as well as NFC, I wasn't going to complain. NFC is optional.

How do you mean optional? As in not every phone has it?

The TCL that's on offer, is it the Lite version?

Looking to get a phone case for it and don't want to get the wrong model.

I wish they would make phone model names more district and easily distinguishable nowadays

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭gerard2210

The TCL that's on offer, is it the Lite version?

Looking to get a phone case for it and don't want to get the wrong model.

I wish they would make phone model names more district and easily distinguishable nowadays

The phone for 59 euro is the TCL 10L, the dearer phone on offer is the TCL 10pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭Atlas_IRL

Cheers OP, Bill phone stopped working with 3 months left, gonna leave 3 bill and switch to Vodafone ready to go.

Great Q!

TCL 10L appears to be unlocked, tried a GOMO SIM and was able to receive incoming calls.

One thing to note is it's a single SIM, thought specs online mentioned dual but the tray is SD + SIM and no mention of secondary SIM in settings.

This is a gift for a relative so not using myself but will report any feedback I get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

theShire wrote: »
    TCL 10L appears to be unlocked, tried a GOMO SIM and was able to receive incoming calls.

One thing to note is it's a single SIM, thought specs online mentioned dual but the tray is SD + SIM and no mention of secondary SIM in settings.

This is a gift for a relative so not using myself but will report any feedback I get.

I picked one up today and it is indeed unlocked. I was forced to top up by 20 euro on my new (unwanted) vodafone SIM though so it cost 80 in the end. I queried it but he said I had do this to get the 100 euro off the phone.

Great phone for the money though. Very snappy and has NFC which is a big one for me.

The lips wrote: »
    Sales rep in my local vodafone shop did say it will be back in stock instore and online with that price for switchers, no date, stock issue only.

Anyone else see the Xiaomi UK offers from today, just spotted this on twitter
    https://twitter.com/XiaomiUK/status/1410636819201470464

From what I can remember the images for the Note 10 + Band on VF looked very similar.

Any chance VF put the offer up too early and had to pull it? Might be worth keeping en eye on it over the next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

a lot of phones it's SD or 2nd Sim, they use the same slot in the tray.

Anyone else see the Xiaomi UK offers from today, just spotted this on twitter
    https://twitter.com/XiaomiUK/status/1410636819201470464

From what I can remember the images for the Note 10 + Band on VF looked very similar.

Any chance VF put the offer up too early and had to pull it? Might be worth keeping en eye on it over the next few days

The Redmi Note 10 5G is available again at 99euro today -no band included though
    https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/xiaomi/redmi-note-10-5g.html?gallery=payg

Offer on the TCL 10L is gone (https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/tcl/10-l.html?gallery=payg)

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭The lips

The Redmi Note 10 5G is available again at 99euro today -no band included though

Offer on the TCL 10L is gone (https://n.vodafone.ie/shop/phones/tcl/10-l.html?gallery=payg)

Got my order through using a 48 SIM, confirmation email received, fingers crossed.

Wouldn't hold my breath. Was in the same boat, order was cancelled overnight.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Wouldn't hold my breath. Was in the same boat, order was cancelled overnight.

I ordered 2 with 48 SIMs, no issues, both delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭boardtc

Fantastic I see it. So just say you are moving to Vodafone and €20 plan and you pay €120 job done, right? If you say getting a new number you don't get the deal But it asks me when I want to switch to Vodafone? I'm on Lycamobile. What do in order to not switch? Sorry to have to repeat but I can't figure it.

boardtc wrote: »
    Fantastic I see it. So just say you are moving to Vodafone and €20 plan and you pay €120 job done, right? If you say getting a new number you don't get the deal But it asks me when I want to switch to Vodafone? I'm on Lycamobile. What do in order to not switch? Sorry to have to repeat but I can't figure it.

No, if you give your own number it WILL be moved to Vodafone!

You need to use a SIM from 48/Eir/Gomo with a new number and then use that to port to VF and get €100 off bringing the Note 10 down to €99.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭billyhead

No, if you give your own number it WILL be moved to Vodafone!

You need to use a SIM from 48/Eir/Gomo with a new number and then use that to port to VF and get €100 off bringing the Note 10 down to €99.99

Sorry for the stupid question. If I'm on the GoMo network this offer is no use unless I switch to VF?

Advertisement