Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Galway Model Car Club

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭vectra

2 Espressi wrote:
    One of the things that pissed me off with running the 27FM radio was the reluctance of other racers in buying a second set of crystals. Is that still a problem in the FMCC, Vectra?

We dont seem to get much of that anymore to be honest. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

syl77 wrote:
    We have already started the ball rolling and have submitted a request to get the frequency recongnised for flying. Some how I think it will take some time, will keep you posted. May here about it in up coming MACI meetings or newslettters.

Syl77 could you please pass me on details on how i should go about requesting to have these controller recongnised, something my club needs to look into to make sure it is legal to use so as to cover are asses for club and national races.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Hi mugenextreme, were going through MACI to get it recognised, not sure how you would go about it with surface models. We mainly need it for insurance purposes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

its insurance reason i am trying to find out for too

For those interested... as of last Tuesday, the 2.4Ghz Spektrum DX7 radio was legalised. This means that only the Spektrum radio (at present) is ok to use the 2.4 GHz range. As other manufacturer start to bring out there own version (like Futaba has), Manuals/specs will have to be sent to the Dept. of Communications so they can also be cleared. There shouldn't be much hold up with radio makes now that Specktrum has got the all clear.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

I notice alot of things run off that freqancy, wireless modems etc.

Yes, some do, however, 2.4Ghz radios are meant to use all of its channels by means of hoping through them all at such a speed that no interference or lock out is observed. In theory you could have up to 100 radios transmitting with out any lock out. You just have to bind the radio to the receiver before use.
    There has how ever been some threads posted that the radio causing some interference with some 2.4 GHz video downlink systems!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,586 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Is the 12th of Aug. next race date in Galway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DirtRacer

Sunday 5th we have an open day from 10.30 and to try and draw some attention to our hobby from passing Galway Races visitors, as we are at Mother Hubbards on the main road N6 Galway to Dublin.

Monday 6th is a club Round.

12th August is 2nd Round of the Irish Nationals for 1/8th IC Buggy all are welcome truggy's and trucks can race in a separate heat €10 race fee for all entrants (day membership included):D visit our site for more info,

http://www.modelworld.tv/clubmodelworld/galwaymodelcarclub

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

Mr Ben wrote: »
    If Are there any new drivers within travelling distance of Galway please feel free to come down to racing at Mother Hubbards Oranmore on Sunday's from 10.30am till about 2.00pm depending on weather, beginners very welcome!

Long shot as I know this thread as been dead for many many years, I recently got into the hobby and I'm looking for off-road tracks around Galway. I don't think this track exists anymore right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

afraid the galway club is long gone. Sure we had a bunch of the galway lads coming to race at the Dublin Model Car Club for a good while.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭danicm

The Doktor wrote: »
    afraid the galway club is long gone. Sure we had a bunch of the galway lads coming to race at the Dublin Model Car Club for a good while.

Thanks for the reply! That's a pity, I really wish the hobby was more popular. I'm desperate to meet people who I could go bashing with and desperate looking for bashing locations, there's no tracks around here and most fields are just overgrown grass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭The Doktor

danicm wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply! That's a pity, I really wish the hobby was more popular. I'm desperate to meet people who I could go bashing with and desperate looking for bashing locations, there's no tracks around here and most fields are just overgrown grass.

They have a Galway Model Car Club FB group, maybe join it and see if theres someone in the area whos up for going bashing...

Advertisement