Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

dirtyden wrote: »

Glad to get refunds but a little annoyed about initial customer service response, which was basically you are wrong.

in fairness to the cs agents, they weren't informed, prepared for or trained to deal with this. Can't have been easy for them trying to deal with frustrated, annoyed and disgruntled customers with limited information and direction from management and not exactly getting paid a fortune to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭leck

Yes, I spent a while on the chat being told how everything was correct and there was no charge error, despite sending screenshots etc and now have a bunch of emails indicating refunds.

Glad to get refunds but a little annoyed about initial customer service response, which was basically you are wrong.
    Same here, spent about an hour and a half with them between phone and chat. Last chat and call yesterday. Finally the CSR gave in and asked me what refund I'd be happy with. This was for Blink 2-camera system. Was charged GBP135, by my calculation should have been about GBP105, so said the overcharge was about GBP30. I got a notice of a "Goodwill Refund: £30.00" but it was applied to a completely different item that I bought in November 2020.

They've also issued a small refund on this item:
    Due to a technical issue, the promotion amount applied to your Prime Day order xxxxx for eufy by Anker, Lumi Stick-On Night Light, 3-pack was incorrectly calculated. We're sorry for any inconvenience this caused.

We have now issued a refund of £2.67 to your original payment method to reflect the correct promotion amount you should have received. Please allow 5 - 7 business days for the refund to be processed by your bank
    I hadn't even asked about that item.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

leck wrote: »
    Same here, spent about an hour and a half with them between phone and chat. Last chat and call yesterday. Finally the CSR gave in and asked me what refund I'd be happy with. This was for Blink 2-camera system. Was charged GBP135, by my calculation should have been about GBP105, so said the overcharge was about GBP30. I got a notice of a "Goodwill Refund: £30.00" but it was applied to a completely different item that I bought in November 2020.

They've also issued a small refund on this item:
    I hadn't even asked about that item.

You will end up with a refund for the blink 2-camera aswell. Lol Amazon really screwed up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

Anyone know if all the Amazon Primes are linked ?
    I have prime UK and bought something from Amazon Fr and was asked to sign up for free 30 Day trial , which I did using same account as UK one. The yearly sub for France is 49 , but 79 for UK. Can I ditch UK and keep France or would I lose all benefits from UK one ?

Anyone know if all the Amazon Primes are linked ?
    I have prime UK and bought something from Amazon Fr and was asked to sign up for free 30 Day trial , which I did using same account as UK one. The yearly sub for France is 49 , but 79 for UK. Can I ditch UK and keep France or would I lose all benefits from UK one ?

No, they are completely separate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭C.O.Y.B.I.B

No, they are completely separate.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

If I sign up from Amazon France Prime, what Prime Video does that entitle me to view?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Yes, I spent a while on the chat being told how everything was correct and there was no charge error, despite sending screenshots etc and now have a bunch of emails indicating refunds.

I did the exact same and they don't see an issue. I sent screenshots of VAT treatment on prime day and if bought now. Their response made it clear they didnt even read my email.

calnand wrote: »
    Got an email saying I'm getting a refund on some of my orders due to a technical issue. I never contacted support, so good to see.

Same here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

no email about refund yet, on my prime day order. did get it delivered Friday morning instead of Tuesday as estimated tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Anyone else still waiting for their refund?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ForestFire

So one of the few deals I picked up was a cordless hedge trimmer in the warehouse 30% deals.

Used like new £77 with discount of about £23.

Arrived yesterday, and the battery is completely dead and will not charge.

Amazon CS will not offer to replace item for the same price, only a refund (legally within their rights).

I pointed out all the other prime issues and deals I missed, from ireland, 10 years ordering £1000's from them etc, speaking to supervisor etc and the best they got to was a £5 discount.

The best part of the conversation was when I initially refused and asked to escalate to supervisor to review I got...

" Please be assured we are here to help you the best way possible. I will check what is the best offer I can get for you. Please remain online when I recheck......................................okay I can organise a full refund, and you will get your money back as soon as we receive the item back" !!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I bought a warehouse sports item and it's still showing del date pending. I'm wondering will I get a cancellation as they can't find it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭jos22

sink wrote: »

yes, nothing yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭Sarn

TheDriver wrote: »
    I bought a warehouse sports item and it's still showing del date pending. I'm wondering will I get a cancellation as they can't find it

I ordered a new laptop and it’s still delivery date pending. Over the week I watched it going from ‘In stock’ to ‘Only 15 left in stock’ until there were none left. Saying that, there was no estimated delivery on it when ordering. It was a good deal on it, so having it cancelled would be annoying. I’ll check with CS to see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭gar

jos22 wrote: »
    yes, nothing yet

Ended up getting a call back and had to explain what they did wrong with the VAT and the discounts. Luckily I had screenshots of UK delivery and Ireland delivery pricing. Getting refund processed now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

i ordered an ipad from warehouse and delivery date has changed twice and still no tracking info. Was on to CS but they don't know.
    Due on Friday but I''m not holding my breath

sink wrote: »

Got mine yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Was just looking at a few deals and the Irish vat is applied on the original price of the item but a discount is applied to give the same discoubted price as advertised. Still a little extra.

The orders don't show the estimated vat changes on the original order screen but if you click on the "orders total includes vat" button in the app, it shows it there in case anyone was wondering.

I have a sub 22 package arriving into IRL today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

I have a sub 22 package arriving into IRL today.

I've 3 due to be delivered on Saturday and the dispatch says all are been delivered by Amazon, so hopefully will be no duty or charges. Will update when they arrive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Just had my last pre-July 1st package delivered (5 orders grouped together) with no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

got delivery today without customs issues. More tomorrow & Saturday

It's items entering the country today would be the issue. My delivery today arrived into ROI yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

Received an item today which was stuck with customs for over a month due to insufficient information. I received a refund as I was being passed from pillar to post as neither could tell me what info was needed.

I presume I now need to return this item.

amber2 wrote: »
    Received an item today which was stuck with customs for over a month due to insufficient information. I received a refund as I was being passed from pillar to post as neither could tell me what info was needed.

I presume I now need to return this item.

Contact them if you want but they usually tell you to just keep it.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭sue97

I am waiting for a bathroom mirror from the warehouse. I really hope I get it as won't find anything for that price and quality here.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Smurts

In relation to the buds. If I order them now and send to a uk address they say I'll get them by 29 June.... They might revise the august date yet I'd say

They changed from 14th August to 1st July and got delivered yesterday, didnt have to amend anything on the order which is a result. Gonna start the cashback process later today

Got another refund today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Smurts wrote: »
    They changed from 14th August to 1st July and got delivered yesterday, didnt have to amend anything on the order which is a result. Gonna start the cashback process later today

Mine is going the other way, 25th August now

Advertisement