Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Tour de France stage 4: Redon to Fougères (150.4km)

• 29-06-2021 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭

Another one for the remaining sprinters today. Would be good to see a fully contested sprint and no crashes :rolleyes:

tour-de-france-2021-stage-4-map-be7768e12d.jpg

tour-de-france-2021-stage-4-profile-8bc194f3df.jpg

tour-de-france-2021-stage-4-finish-e297ae6161.png

Odds from Bet365
    Tim Merlier 5/2
    Mark Cavendish 4/1
    Arnaud Demare 4/1
    Jasper Philpsen 7/1
    Wout Van Aert 11/1
    Mads Pedersen 12/1
    Peter Sagan 14/1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Carnage yesterday. Hopefully drama of a safer kind today.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,994 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Cav 2nd favourite is crazy

retalivity wrote: »

The bookies must be watching too much Eurosport/GCN

• Registered Users Posts: 16,629 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Demare for me once he is okay after yesterday’s crash.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Much better preview. Last 2 were sh!te

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

Weepsie wrote: »
    Much better preview. Last 2 were sh!te

:pac:

The Eurosport mid-stage fan poll had him as favourite yesterday too! I expect him to compete today but would be surprised to see him win, although less-so than if Ewan had remained upright yesterday.

Roglic in tight shape but on the start line

a2b350096e624249f26af4ae9c5cef9b.png

Roglic in tight shape but on the start line

a2b350096e624249f26af4ae9c5cef9b.png

Jaysus. Looks bad alright. Hopefully he can get through the next few stages without shipping too much time and come back stronger. Would like to see him win it after what happened last year.

Tim76 wrote: »
    Jaysus. Looks bad alright. Hopefully he can get through the next few stages without shipping too much time and come back stronger. Would like to see him win it after what happened last year.

TT tomorrow may be a problem if he is still sore. Although Thomas will be in the same boat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,348 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Even if its not sore it will be so annoying cycling with all that stuck to you

I think it's a good sign for him mentally at least if he can post up that picture and still have a sense of humour after the crash. "The mummy will be on the start today" he says :pac:

He might not need padded bibs today either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭marvin80

Greipel taking no sh*t there - making sure they stop as part of the protest

Commentators at the start were saying that Philipsen is the preferred sprinter for Alpecin Fenix today - I had wondered how that would play out after he led Merlier out in yesterday's sprint.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

10 out of 10 for Carlton Kirby's Carrick on Suir jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭Morris Garren

OK, whose turn is it go to the fridge?
    Wake me up when a race breaks out..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Folks - is the GCN app more stable than the Eurosport one?

It's back to stuttering and stalling today, was fine yesterday. I cancelled the auto renew during the Giro as it was almost unwatchable. Sub runs out shortly.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭paddydriver

Jayzus the Cavendish love in is insufferable today.. would Sean Kelly not just get in and tell them to STFU

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Ireland needs a velodrome! according to Carlton and Eurosport .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The bookies must be watching too much Eurosport/GCN

Its just the money on him, nothing else. Thanks to the likes of GCN he is getting heavy backing but that is all it is

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,818 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeeee

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Ireland needs a velodrome! according to Carlton and Eurosport .

They're right! We need an indoor one. Sundrive is great though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,153 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

It isn’t just that. I know not everyone has gone for the intermediates but some have and Cav has beaten everyone but Ewan

If Demare took a heavy fall yesterday and is injured it’s down to Cav versus Alpecin Fenix

I’d love someone like Mads Pedersen to get involved but he seems to pick and choose his sprints. WVA mightn’t be allowed go for it by Jumbo. The likes of Matthews and Sagan can’t really compete to win bunch sprints but who knows how they’re all feeling

Cav winning wouldn’t surprise me now

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Folks - is the GCN app more stable than the Eurosport one?

It's back to stuttering and stalling today, was fine yesterday. I cancelled the auto renew during the Giro as it was almost unwatchable. Sub runs out shortly.

In my experience the GCN one is better yes. Not perfect but definitely better

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭De Bhál

Dodge wrote: »
    It isn’t just that. I know not everyone has gone for the intermediates but some have and Cav has beaten everyone but Ewan

If Demare took a heavy fall yesterday and is injured it’s down to Cav versus Alpecin Fenix

I’d love someone like Mads Pedersen to get involved but he seems to pick and choose his sprints. WVA mightn’t be allowed go for it by Jumbo. The likes of Matthews and Sagan can’t really compete to win bunch sprints but who knows how they’re all feeling

Cav winning wouldn’t surprise me now

Me either, DQS train leading him to the line will be some bonus for him

• Registered Users Posts: 27,867 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Can someone wake me when there's about 10 km to go... tis soporific stuff with the heat... zzzzz

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

The break has been given much less leash compared to the Giro. I think the max I’ve seen so far is 4 minutes

Jayzus the Cavendish love in is insufferable today.. would Sean Kelly not just get in and tell them to STFU

56% of viewers favour Cav today, 7% for Merlier!

Brian Smith sticking the boot in and calling him English

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Reality_Check1

Calling it now - cav won’t get top 10

Advertisement