Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I already subscribe to Prime Delivery which includes Prime Video. Would this prevent me from taking the Three offer or would Amazon refund me for the remainder of my subscription?

I don't know the answer but nothing stopping you availing of the offer with a different email address

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

I wouldn't hold your breath in the hope that the tax dodgers would refund your money because of a second offer from another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

hkjohn wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold your breath in the hope that the tax dodgers would refund your money because of a second offer from another company.

Well you are wrong.

I got onto Amazon customer service who said that if I took the Three offer I would get a partial refund. Three customer service also said this.

I’ve decided against the offer though. I would have to change my phone plan which would require me to top up by €30 every month. I only top up occasionally by €10 at a time and that can last months. €30 is twice the price that Music and Prime would cost so the offer is not worth it to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭hkjohn

Well you are wrong.

I got onto Amazon customer service who said that if I took the Three offer I would get a partial refund. Three customer service also said this.

I’ve decided against the offer though. I would have to change my phone plan which would require me to top up by €30 every month. I only top up occasionally by €10 at a time and that can last months. €30 is twice the price that Music and Prime would cost so the offer is not worth it to me.

If it sounds too good to be true...

hkjohn wrote: »
    If it sounds too good to be true...

It doesn’t sound too good to be true

As I said I would end up paying more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

It doesn’t sound too good to be true

As I said I would end up paying more

One of the things Amazon do well is refunds so you would have received the partial refund if the offer suited you. They also don't drag their heels - they emailed me on Thursday that I was due a refund and it was in my account this morning.

One of the things Amazon do well is refunds so you would have received the partial refund if the offer suited you. They also don't drag their heels - they emailed me on Thursday that I was due a refund and it was in my account this morning.

Agreed - my previous post wasn’t saying the refund wasn’t true, I was simply responding to the other person’s comment.

Amazon are great at refunds.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

Is it just me or are there a lot of shows “not available in your region”?

Why no American Gods for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Is it just me or are there a lot of shows “not available in your region”?

Why no American Gods for example?

American Gods is available to me

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Finished season 10 of the X-Files. I take back saying season 9 was a chore to get through as I found this much tougher. I really didn't like this season at all, and by the finale I hated it. I don't think I was this opposed to this season when I first watched it, but when you watch it on the back of the previous seasons it really doesn't sit well at all.

The mythology episodes are an absolute mess. The season finale is one of the worst episodes of the show I've ever seen and must be the worst mythology instalment ever. I hated what they did to Reyes' character. In season 9 they hint at a future for her and Doggett and I liked that idea but what they went with instead is just infuriating to me. And the way you know who was brought back feels even worse than those memes about Palpatine's return. The way it was handled in season 9 was perfect. This just ruins all that. I'm glad Robert Patrick didn't come back as at least they couldn't mess about with Doggett.

The monster-of-the-week episodes felt too similar to previous episodes, and to make matters worse we have Scully constantly dealing with emotional breakdowns. Gillian Anderson was so animated and lively when the show was at its peak and a great counter to Mulder's laid back demeanour, but here she just seems so jaded, and so they both look like they're going through the motions.

The only episode I liked was the Darin Morgan-penned episode about the were-monster. That was funny and contained many nice references to previous episodes for fans. I think that's the only episode from this season I'd be willing to watch again.

In previous seasons when the episodes weren't there, I felt the characters helped make it somewhat watchable because I was willing to root for them. But that's not quite the case here. Skinner may as well not be featured as he offers little, and the less said about Miller and Einstein the better. Bringing popular characters back didn't work for me and took away from the show.

I also disliked the camera work. It doesn't have the feel of what I'd consider proper X-Files episodes. I guess they wanted to try something a bit different but it only served to make me more aware of the difference of what went before. Sad to say but I think they would have been better off leaving it alone.

There are some episodes of season 11 I haven't seen, so I feel I need to watch it to complete everything. I do, however, remember the finale and I am not looking forward to seeing that again...

• Advertisement

American Gods is available to me

Season 3 not available to me.

Are you registered as Irish or UK?

Edit - just checked again “this title isn’t available in your region” for American Gods” Season 3

• Registered Users Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭hold my beer

Edit - just checked again “this title isn’t available in your region” for American Gods” Season 3

Season 3 available to me. Registered as Ireland

I’m also egistered in Ireland and all seasons are available.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,724 ✭✭✭lertsnim

All seasons available to me using an Irish Prime Video account.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,929 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Season 3 is available for me and I'm UK account. Seems like you should have it in Ireland & UK.

The only way I can think of that it's not available is if its a UK account and used without dns or vpn. You'd end up with a very small prime library

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

How are you accessing the seasons?
    Not at my PC to check but found series not available if going through amazon.co.uk but they are of go through primevideo.com

If you are using an AppleTV and do you have AppleIDs from any other countries?

I know that if you open the Prime Video app while signed into a foreign ID it does change the location for your Prime Video.

Amazon customer service can change it back.

Amazon ruined The Man in High Castle for me.

Just before I started watching they had the season 4 promo running before everything on the app.

It is great series though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Started season 7 of Bosch over the weekend. Looking like a great finale season for the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,404 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How are you accessing the seasons?
    Not at my PC to check but found series not available if going through amazon.co.uk but they are of go through primevideo.com

If Irish account you have to use primevideo.com.

• Advertisement

Is there much difference in content between Ireland and the UK?

I've been on to prime video support and they moved me to Ireland. I can now access a lot through prime video.com (as opposed to .co.uk).

Is there much difference in content between Ireland and the UK?

I've been on to prime video support and they moved me to Ireland. I can now access a lot through prime video.com (as opposed to .co.uk).

I don’t know what the general differences in content are but when I got accidentally switch to the U.K. library I couldn’t get the seasons of Vikings and the Walking Dead that I had been watching at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,808 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

another recommendation for Clarkson's Farm here - 6 episodes in and really enjoying it. His workers Caleb and the incomprehensible Gerald are the real stars (along with the disobedient sheep).

I watched The Tomorrow War earlier.

Great movie. A lot of fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Night owl gal

anyone know of a website, where they show prime shows/movies that are about to expire?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Started season 7 of Bosch over the weekend. Looking like a great finale season for the show.
    Yeah have to agree, seems like it's going out with a bang, bittersweet, what with it being cancelled at all.
    I ditched Nowtv Cinema , it was always bad but now it's just awful.
    Netflix must be making a new "on message" series every week... what a waste of mine and their money.

Yeah have to agree, seems like it's going out with a bang, bittersweet, what with it being cancelled at all.
    I ditched Nowtv Cinema , it was always bad but now it's just awful.
    Netflix must be making a new "on message" series every week... what a waste of mine and their money.

Bosch is ending, not being cancelled.

There is a difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,216 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Bosch is ending, not being cancelled.

There is a difference.
    And Bosch is going to be the lead in another spin off show

• Advertisement

gmisk wrote: »
    And Bosch is going to be the lead in another spin off show

I heard about but I thought the writer of the article was confused.

So Bosch is ending but Amazon have a new show coming that will have Bosch in the lead but the show isn’t Bosch ?

Advertisement