Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Ivermectin discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭Wolf359f

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.05.31.21258081v1

Full study text
    https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.05.31.21258081v1.full.pdf

and finally a video which helps us understand the content and the implications of the study results ...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YV2H6_0i4f0

Of course if such a treatment were to be accepted, then the 'vaccines' would have to be withdrawn from their 'emergency use' (USA) because it is not permitted to approve emergency use where there is an alternative treatment for a disease.

That would surely upset a number of pharma companies and their associates.

89 patients... Why do they be using such a tiny sample size?
    Pfizer has approved for full FDA approval and you know what they say, prevention is better than a cure.

I'm sure Ivermectin would also have to be approved for use to treat covid. Can't just use smarties in dozens of trials, just to get the right outcome in one and then sell smarties as a cure etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,999 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Wolf359f wrote: »
    89 patients... Why do they be using such a tiny sample size?
    Pfizer has approved for full FDA approval and you know what they say, prevention is better than a cure.

I'm sure Ivermectin would also have to be approved for use to treat covid. Can't just use smarties in dozens of trials, just to get the right outcome in one and then sell smarties as a cure etc...

So you studied the report and that is your comment?

There are none so blind as those that will not see!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 snnowwy

Anyone know of any Irish doctors who have commented on this?

snnowwy wrote: »

No. The fear of ruination is real.

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Ballynally

snnowwy wrote: »

All if not most european doctors will not prescribe an non authorised drug.
    In the EU the use of Ivermectin for SarsCov2 is contra indicated.
    You will have to get it from a vet and/or go online.
    . I myself got some Noromectin oral paste for horses from Hyperdrug Pharmaceuticals.

Anybody commenting, posting negatively about Ivermectin is simply not well informed, refusing to investigate the data, virtue signalling, making simplistic, biased statements and/ or take swallow official channels' propaganda whole sale.
    It is such a danger to official health bodies that there is a concentrated effort to silence anything to do w Ivermectin and includes newspapers, Youtube, Facebook, TV and many others channels.
    Why?
    Two main reasons: 1: a cheap, generic, effective and safe medicine without heavy duty side effects, 4 billion doses administered.
    2: the chance that it might slow the vaccine rollout because it works.
    Both reasons are enough for Pharma to go against it.
    No money to be made and possible loss of income from vaccines.
    If you by now do not see the revolving door between regulating bodies and pharma you need to be educated. Go and read 'bad pharma' by Ben Goldacre.
    You might not believe me. I accept that. You might think i am misleading you.
    Even that is ok. Dismiss me if you like. You might come to different conclusions. Accepted.
    There is one overwhelming piece of evidence i can present and you can investigate.
    The Biden administration has created a 3 billion investment funds for pharmaceutical companies to search for a , wait for it, ANTI VIRAL medicine for Covid19. So, that is big money towards a new, unknown but patented drug yet to be developed. Money upfront paid f by US citizens.
    Instead of investigating old, generic treatments like Ivermectin for its efficacy.
    Fun fact, Merck is already ahead of the curve with a new, Ivermectin like medicine with a combined molecule structure. 'Improved' no doubt and for a 'proper' price, patented.
    And the company which put out Ivermectin in the 1970s?
    You guessed it, Merck. New label, tweaked formula w slightly different molecular structure. Ready to conquer the world.
    3 billion $ wasted.
    I rest my case.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,471 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Invermectin is out of patent, any company can create a generic and supply it if they want to.

Dexamethasone is similarly cheap and well tested, yet is being used, if invermectin worked, there's no reason not to use it, no one stopping a study being done properly, getting results and getting it approved.

No study, even favorable, shows invermectin being anywhere near as effective as vaccines.

Invermectin isn't an anti-viral, it's an anti-parasite medicine that has some anti-viral properties at relatively higher doses.

There's a good paper here in the British Medical Journal that goes into detail on the studies and the problems with those studies:
    https://ebm.bmj.com/content/early/2021/05/26/bmjebm-2021-111678

hmmm you need to look at the guidelines for early intervention issued on the 22nd of April in India, those products you mention are all recommend now due to updated guidance. The WHO had put India under pressure to stop using them and now says they should only be used as part of a clinical trial. India has went out on its own and ignored them after discontinuing Ivermectin in early November and restating it's use in April.

Yes, people are finally waking up.
    All you need to do is focus on those areas in which Ivermectin has been introduced and watch the graph to see the numbers go down rapidly.
    Even within countries comparing states (like in India*) which is even a better indication.
    Places like Mexico which has adapted Ivermectin early on.
    I mean, at this stage there is actually no need to prove Ivermectin anymore.Just go compare. Investigate.
    But no, it is almost as if everybody has copied and pasted the same false mantras over and over. A danger to the vaccine rollout.

But, the tides are turning. At least on the anti viral medicine front.
    No, not Ivermectin.
    Biden pushed 3 billion towards Pharma to get going. They will.
    But Ivermectin! Nah, we are not going to look at it.

*look at India:
    https://www.thedesertreview.com/news/national/ivermectin-obliterates-97-percent-of-delhi-cases/article_6a3be6b2-c31f-11eb-836d-2722d2325a08.html

Ballynally wrote: »
    You will have to get it from a vet and/or go online.
    . I myself got some Noromectin oral paste for horses from Hyperdrug Pharmaceuticals.

This is pure lunatic stuff

Piollaire wrote: »
    Dr. Mobeen Syed gives proposed mechanisms of actions for Ivermectin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZoBAuR4ajs&t=287s

And that video has since then 'been' taken down by Youtube as has drCampbells talk w dr. Pierre Kory. And others discussing IVM.

This is pure lunatic stuff

I don't mind being called that. There is particular type of 'sane' person who stops thinking after a certain point in time and dismisses every bit of extra data coming his way. You know, the seemingly smart binary person who calls people 'lunatic' because he feels he knows better and looks down on anyone who makes his own decisions, and gets triggered by something he feels is so far out the realm of acceptability that he feels compelled to use a condescending term.

To get back to the horse paste: i can read the ingredients. No toxicity. (Edit:at least in the proper use of IVM according to the FCCC protocol.).
    Unlike bleach..
    Just need to get the dose right but the FCCC protocol is clear.

To those who keep on going on against the use of Ivermectin because of issues relating to proof there could be just one thing they (or for that matter every healthcare body) might agree on:
    although 'safe' is the wrong term to use, toxicity wise it is.
    Hardly any side effects.
    So, let doctors prescribe Ivermectin if they or the patients want, free of interference.
    Furthermore, make it freely available and let companies produce it. Clear it for emergency use, like they did with the vaccines.
    YOU dont have to believe in it but let others go ahead.
    Some countries have already changed their recommendations.
    Time for the EU (and Ireland) to follow suit.

Here's a link to Joe Rogan's podcast w Bret Weinstein and dr.Kory.
    No, it's on Spotify, not on Youtube so freely available.

https://open.spotify.com/episode/7uVXKgE6eLJKMXkETwcw0D?si=m4KNLEziSxmtGOYq0d7oaw&utm_source=copy-link&dl_branch=1
    And hey, feel free to call me a lunatic any day..

• Advertisement

Invermectin is contra-indicated with warfarin, it is also indicated for low doses only and not for continued use (i.e. levels that have no effect on SARS-COV2), it is toxic at higher doses.

A study might come out that verifies the safety of long term high dose use, but it doesn't exist today apart from those self medicating.

Companies can produce it, there is no patent.

And why are you comparing it to bleach?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

This myth of "only a toxic dose works" is based on a study in a petri dish.

There have been a dozen studies since on post exposure prophylaxis which administered a standard dose of ivermectin and found it reduced the chances of subsequently testing positive for Covid 19 by 80% (+/- about 10% depending on the study).

astrofool wrote: »
    Invermectin is contra-indicated with warfarin, it is also indicated for low doses only and not for continued use (i.e. levels that have no effect on SARS-COV2), it is toxic at higher doses.

A study might come out that verifies the safety of long term high dose use, but it doesn't exist today apart from those self medicating.

Companies can produce it, there is no patent.

And why are you comparing it to bleach?

Yes, you are right. Like any medicine, there are a few parameters to consider, all well known and stated in the protocol. If you use it appropriately, with the right dose, at the right time. Nothing new here.
    Why am i comparing it to bleach? Because there are people dismissing Ivermectin, putting it in a pile lumped with dangerous stuff one should not take.
    (It causes blindness! And so on).
    About your comment about studies verifying the safety of long term high dose use needed i consider that a bit of a red herring. From the reported studies it is clear that, when given the appropriate dose at a certain timeframe it is very effective in the large majority of patients. I yet have to find evidence of anyone dying from it or getting seriously ill. What i would say is that there are two stages of Covid19, the viral stage in which the virus multiplies (mostly between 1-12 days) and the early and later pulmanory phase in which cytokine storms and high inflammation occurs. The thing is to try and break the link early. I think there is where most of the magic of Ivermectin occurs before steroids are needed. And even then it seems to work in combi.
    So, i am ready and pretty confident Ivermectin will work and the protocol will lead me out of the disease quickly in case i get it.
    For those who refuse to believe any of it and/or are afraid because of safety issues, just dont take it.
    The proof the pudding is in the eating, right?
    People seem to forget how nasty SarsCov2 is.
    Given its safety record w over 3 billion doses given ill take my chances w IVM.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Youtube channels who discuss this topic can receive strikes and be suspended. It was the same with the lab leak theory until recently. Not saying Ivermectin is any great shakes but platforms getting involved in this way is a mistake.

Youtube channels who discuss this topic can receive strikes and be suspended. It was the same with the lab leak theory until recently. Not saying Ivermectin is any great shakes but platforms getting involved in this way is a mistake.

It is clear by now Youtube (and other like them) is not a 'platform'. It is a moderated opinion market where bad apples are removed.
    What is a bad apple? An opinion that doesnt meet the standards. What are the standards? Its flexible but follows mainstream opinion and general official points of view held in politics. Left of centre.
    Highly reactive to anything resembling conspiracy theories or even facts hinting at it, cutting off open discussions of topics it considers dangerous.
    It has recently cooperated with other 'platforms' to stop anything that might be called misinformation. What is misinformation? Anything that hints at questioning official policy regarding vaccines, alternative treatments like Ivermectin. Previously targeted at those questioning race theory, immigration and other 'hot' topics considered dangerous.

It is one of the reasons why people like Joe Rogan decided to work w Spotify exclusively. He has carte blanche there. It is the US nr 1 podcast.
    Youtube et al are totally entrenched with mainstream politics..

Its usually a channels way of sneaking in anti-vax content. There seems to be very few people using invermectin until they can get vaccinated, most push it instead of being vaccinated and that's where it descends into a chaos of lies, misinformation and FUD.

Its usually a channels way of sneaking in anti-vax content. There seems to be very few people using invermectin until they can get vaccinated, most push it instead of being vaccinated and that's where it descends into a chaos of lies, misinformation and FUD.

and that is exactly the right example of how it works as stated in my post. Thank you for making the process clear.
    The question is: who sets the standards for misinformation?
    The CDC, FDA, WHO, EMA. Corrupt organisations funded to a great extend by private companies.( That didnt use to be the way. Back in the day they could actually claim independence. Ever since the 1980s under Reagan it has been private companies' growing involvement).
    Trickles down to academia and mainstream media and sets the standards.
    And here we are.
    Did it occur to you that someone might be both pro vax and pro Ivermectin?
    And wouldnt you agree that people both have a right to their opinion and their pro or anti vax stance?
    Or do you believe people should be stopped expressing it?
    What kind of world are we living in?
    Not one of respect but of sanction and surpression.
    There seem to be a lot of people involved in the Ministry of Truth.
    It used to be the right trying to stop opinions from entering the discussion.
    It is the left now doing the same thing. Sad but true.

Note: i am fully vaccinated. My wife is still hesitant and i have tried to convince her to take it. I have not been succesful but i DO respect both her opinion and decision.
    Astrofool, i like your name..

It is those who ask questions and make comment on how it looks to them that get censored/cancelled.
    Don't question or contradict the official line and you will be allowed say your piece.

That this is apparently acceptable to most is extremely disturbing to me and very sad indeed.

The more information I access the more I am leaning towards strongly questioning THIS vaccination roll out.
    I have no answers to my questions unfortunately.

Why has there been no official attempt to TREAT Covid-19?
    18 months in and nothing substantial?

Why must EVERYONE be vaccinated?
    Natural immunity is far stronger than any vaccination, yet those who recovered from Covid, and those who have natural immunity must be vaccinated. Why?

Why are doctors not treating patients in the early stages of Covid with a myriad of drugs available to them?

Why have they now weaponised the vaccination ...... yes, when we are told what we can not do without this specific vaccination, that is weaponising it.

Abusing me with 'anti vaxer' name calling will not change anything.
    I am well vaccinated, thank you, but I am capable of questioning things, and likely will do so until I die.
    This is not only my right, but it is something we SHOULD all do.

a) there has been attempts to treat COVID-19, to name but 2 of many, there is regeneron and dexamethasone (off patent also free to produce) with both demonstrably proven to be effective in properly run studies

b) the EMA and CDC have Invermectin as an approved medicine for worming already, is this a corrupt approval as well?

c) natural immunity is not stronger than the vaccinations, natural immunity varies with how sick or how much of a viral load you have and also is shown to be less effective against variants with those previously infected able to also be infected with newer variants, the vaccination immune response is much stronger and more consistent

d) If you want to push conspiracy theories around the CDC, EMA, FDA and WHO, there is a conspiracy theory forum to discuss it, be warned that you will need to provide proof and evidence of what you're saying

e) It is interesting that the Invermectin thread is now heading down the conspiracy theory route for whatever reason

f) I like my name as well :)

g) Of course people can be pro-invermectin and pro-covid vaccination, the intersection of the 2 groups seems to be very small though (i.e. a group of Ballynally on this thread)

edit:
    h) No one has come back and commented on the bmj paper to show evidence to the contrary, most seem to be ignoring it

e) It is interesting that the Invermectin thread is now heading down the conspiracy theory route for whatever reason

The absence of believeable official information and explanations is usually the cause of such theories/hypotheses.

• Advertisement

The absence of believeable official information and explanations is usually the cause of such theories/hypotheses.

There is a peer reviewed paper from the British Medicial Journal above that you're free to start refuting.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭ligind

I am not going to comment on whether ivermectin works or not , I simply don't know.

I know a few in my circle pushing ivermectin for about 9 months now and none of the stuff they have shared with me would back up the confidence that they and a few here have in it . Evidence is sketchy at best .

There is an element for me of the boy who cried wolf and I have tuned out of it because it's exhausting .

The folks I know who are now pro ivermectin
    - don't agree with lockdowns
    - didn't believe the hospitals were under pressure
    - think the PCR test a has 90%plus false positive rate
    - initially were on the hydroxy chloroquine bandwagon
    - think the vaccines are highly dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Piollaire

ligind wrote: »
    I

The folks I know who are now pro ivermectin
    - don't agree with lockdowns
    - didn't believe the hospitals were under pressure
    - think the PCR test a has 90%plus false positive rate
    - initially were on the hydroxy chloroquine bandwagon
    - think the vaccines are highly dangerous

I'm none of the above but I took Ivermectin until I got vaccinated and would take it again if I got sick. I was satisfied with the conclusions of the various meta analyses and its decades long safety record. I ignored information coming from organisations which had a vested financial interest in other medications (Merck) or from other organisations that were under their influence (WHO, EMA)

I'm none of the above but I took Ivermectin until I got vaccinated and would take it again if I got sick. I was satisfied with the conclusions of the various meta analyses and its decades long safety record. I ignored information coming from organisations which had a vested financial interest in other medications (Merck) or from other organisations that were under their influence (WHO, EMA)

https://touch.boards.ie/forum/576

The only thing worse than crazy conspiracy theorists are people devoid of any critical analysis skills.

The only thing worse than crazy conspiracy theorists are people devoid of any critical analysis skills.

Like those who believe any old sh*te they hear on YouTube and self prescribe medication?

Like those who believe any old sh*te they hear on YouTube and self prescribe medication?

I also learned about masks and vitamin D on Youtube long long before I heard about them from our health agencies.

Ivermectin could have saved a lot of lives and lot of suffering in this country and elsewhere.

The only "sh*te" I'm hearing is coming from the naive or those who have a personal vested financial interest.

It is the reason i am no longer posting information on threads like these though i continue to check in once in a while (like now).
    Ill leave you here with a few Mencken quotes:

"The one permanent emotion of the inferior man is fear - fear of the unknown, the complex, the inexplicable. What he wants above everything else is safety."

"The State doesn't just want you to obey, it wants to make you WANT to obey ".

"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out... without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane, intolerable".

"For every problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong."

The various Mencken quotes never go out of date and it's worthwhile to read them again once in a while.

Good night..and good luck..signing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,021 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I also learned about masks and vitamin D on Youtube long long before I heard about them from our health agencies.

Ivermectin could have saved a lot of lives and lot of suffering in this country and elsewhere.

The only "sh*te" I'm hearing is coming from the naive or those who have a personal vested financial interest.

Have you asked your GP for their medical opinion of your self-prescribed "horse paste"?

If they respond negatively, do you write them off as naive or vested?

• Advertisement

Lumen wrote: »
    Have you asked your GP for their medical opinion of your self-prescribed "horse paste"?

If they respond negatively, do you write them off as naive or vested?

What kind of idiot would ask a GP about veterinary products.

I'm sure there are GPs who would prescribe Ivermectin if they were allowed as is the case in the US.

Advertisement