Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Willow whips in Ireland

Options
  • 23-06-2021 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Anyone know of you can buy Willow Whips in Ireland? I used to get them in the UK, but with Brexit they wont ship to Ireland anymore. 4ft whips for planting biomass is what I'm after. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Smeeeeeee wrote: »
    Anyone know of you can buy Willow Whips in Ireland? I used to get them in the UK, but with Brexit they wont ship to Ireland anymore. 4ft whips for planting biomass is what I'm after. Thanks.

Wrong time of year. Wait till winter.
    I got a load from gardens for Life in Roscommon but it was early spring

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Smeeeeeee

Wrong time of year. Wait till winter.
    I got a load from gardens for Life in Roscommon but it was early spring

Many thanks, I know it's wrong time, just trying to plan ahead. the Brexit situation meant I missed out on planting any this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Many thanks, I know it's wrong time, just trying to plan ahead. the Brexit situation meant I missed out on planting any this year.

Is it you need a very large quantity Smeee, as I would have thought it'd be easy enough to cut some off existing Willow trees?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Smeeeeeee

Is it you need a very large quantity Smeee, as I would have thought it'd be easy enough to cut some off existing Willow trees?

I usually plant 2-300 each winter. had a great UK supplier until now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,528 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I usually plant 2-300 each winter. had a great UK supplier until now.

Why don't you just take cuttings off what you have?

• Advertisement
Advertisement