Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

REAP Scheme application

• 29-05-2021 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

On the FAQ page for the REAP scheme on gov dot ie, they say approval letters would issue in May.
    Has anyone received an approval letter yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,724 ✭✭✭893bet

Nothing here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

Just saw agfood is to be down tomorrow morning from 8am to noon. Wondering is this something to do with it

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭roosky

There’s over 10,000 apply for about 2,000 places so department are trying to find more places so maybe that’s the delay in offers

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭clonagh

Offer letters were posted today apparently...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Just got my one in the post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,524 ✭✭✭grassroot1

Advisor rang me I am not in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭Tileman

Just got my one in the post.

Presume u mean u got offer to join?

When does it start from?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Tileman wrote: »
    Presume u mean u got offer to join?

When does it start from?

Yeah an acceptance letter, if you want to opt out you have to contact them, just had a quick glance at the leaflet they sent out, as far as I can tell the scheme is active now but you have until the 15th June to opt out. I'll have a proper read of it tonight.

Got my acceptance letter today! Happy enough!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Paulmclad

I got my acceptance letter on Tuesday there too, looking forward to getting started.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Got an acceptance letter yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Sami23

Bullocks wrote: »
    Got an acceptance letter yesterday

What actions are lads generally signing up for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Sami23 wrote: »
    What actions are lads generally signing up for

I haven't a clue to be honest. I rang the advisor yesterday to see what he reckoned and what costs would be and most importantly how much I could put clear into my pocket every year out of it.
    He didn't answer but I'm sure he will get back to me.
    I'll let ye know if I go in what measures I'll doing

Be interesting to see what the agri advisors charge. I see them charging the most if the 1200 participation payment.

I hope to plant 80 metres of hedge (around my house!). 6 plants a meter will yield a serous fence! After that I don’t expect to input much cash. It will be the low input pasture option I will be pursuing. Don’t do any spraying it topping, spread minimal N and it’s should yield an average payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭kerb

Didn't get a letter yet to pusume I'm not accepted

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

grassroot1 wrote: »
    Advisor rang me I am not in

Did he charge you anything then ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Dunedin

893bet wrote: »
    . It will be the low input pasture option I will be pursuing. Don’t do any spraying it topping, spread minimal N and it’s should yield an average payment.

Is topping allowed after a certain date similar to GLAS?

I haven’t read up on the Reaps yet as I’m still in glas for another year. How do the payments fare against glas - more or less or is it too early to say?

Dunedin wrote: »
    Is topping allowed after a certain date similar to GLAS?

I haven’t read up on the Reaps yet as I’m still in glas for another year. How do the payments fare against glas - more or less or is it too early to say?

Topping is allowed any time but will likely impact the payment as there will be a less diverse sward. There is a bonus payment of 50 per Ha for late meadow cutting. Harmless enough.

No idea on payment question.

You can top at any time but the adviser told me to wait until he had done his visit, otherwise he won't be able to indentify the various grass species...

clonagh wrote: »
    You can top at any time but the adviser told me to wait until he had done his visit, otherwise he won't be able to indentify the various grass species...

Same as that.

You can also spray any time. But again it will mean your score will be very low as it will reduce the diversity of the sward.

Same with the hedge row. You can cut and manage every year. But it will limit the score you get.

All results based.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭cuculainn

So has anyone met their planner yet?

is there any truth in that alot of those that were accepted are not joining?

is there any truth in that alot of those that were accepted are not joining?[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't be surprised, been talking to my planner on the phone a coupleof times and expect him out next week but he's being very pessimistic about it...

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

cuculainn wrote: »

I would believe it.
    I was all out to applying for it and had been in contact with my advisor to do so, then read all the requirements etc...when they came out, just couldn’t be bothered for such small money after tax.
    It needs to be double the make any financial sense

cuculainn wrote: »

Trying to get my planner out ASAP so i can top and spray and do all the things im not supposed to :D

On the point of accepted people dropping out, i was giving a neighbor a hand at silage last week and there was four farmers there helping, all of us were accepted but I'm the only one that is going ahead with it....doesn't suit the other farmers

I have a 11 ha rented out farm that is exactly what they are looking for so its no effort for me to comply with the scheme.....the money is harmless if you had much to do for it !

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭cuculainn

roosky wrote: »
    Trying to get my planner out ASAP so i can top and spray and do all the things im not supposed to :D

On the point of accepted people dropping out, i was giving a neighbor a hand at silage last week and there was four farmers there helping, all of us were accepted but I'm the only one that is going ahead with it....doesn't suit the other farmers

I have a 11 ha rented out farm that is exactly what they are looking for so its no effort for me to comply with the scheme.....the money is harmless if you had much to do for it !

From my point of view I think the only major outlay/work would be the perimeter fence....and I think that has to be by 15th july

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭bt12

Anyone have their advisor out yet for farm walk?

bt12 wrote: »

No. There are some videos on the website. And the scorecard. I see a 4/10 being hard enough get

bt12 wrote: »

I think they were doing their final days training yesterday (on farms) so I expect the farm visits to start soon.

Had my advisor out today to check the plant species.....surprising how much variety there in when you go looking. There is some of the ground that would get a bit of slurry each year and it wasnt as diverse so wont get full payment on that.....seems like the less you do, the more you get !!!

I see the planting trees option is €9.20 per tree or €15.80 per meter of hedging, does anyone know what the cost of doing these would be, i dont really need either but would squeeze another few pound out of the scheme if it was worth the hassle!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,918 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

roosky wrote: »
    Had my advisor out today to check the plant species.....surprising how much variety there in when you go looking. There is some of the ground that would get a bit of slurry each year and it wasnt as diverse so wont get full payment on that.....seems like the less you do, the more you get !!!

I see the planting trees option is €9.20 per tree or €15.80 per meter of hedging, does anyone know what the cost of doing these would be, i dont really need either but would squeeze another few pound out of the scheme if it was worth the hassle!

I think whitethorn slips were €0.50 each & try to get 4 per meter

Advertisement