Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Day 2021 - Monday 21st & Tuesday 22nd June

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭dubmick

I'm seeing issues for prices under 20 too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LWOI8T8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

£17.15 turns into £18.03 at checkout. Import fees deposit of £6.71

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

For anyone looking for a Kindle they're significantly cheaper on the German site. Only issue is that they'll only ship the ad free version outside the German speaking countries but still works out cheaper than UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭chasm

Anyone able to order the shoe storage cupboard that was posted in the non-chat thread? There is an issue with my address apparently!!

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

dubmick wrote: »
    I'm seeing issues for prices under 20 too.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01LWOI8T8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

£17.15 turns into £18.03 at checkout. Import fees deposit of £6.71

They are still adding import fees if the original price was over the £22. Annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭teachinggal123

So which is the better deal for what you get - the Echo buds or the Samsung buds?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,305 ✭✭✭xtal191

Is there any way to get a lightning deal back after you've clicked claim and time runs out in your basket?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

xtal191 wrote: »
    Is there any way to get a lightning deal back after you've clicked claim and time runs out in your basket?

AFAIK, lightning doesn't strike twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭ibrahimovic

Had a few issues with adding prime deals to checkout then not buying, and going to rebuy but its not available at the deal price because it says I already availed of it, even though I didn't buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭kellier180

spockety wrote: »
    Thanks for this deal, I had already bought a Galaxy Watch and am getting 75 euro cashback. If you buy a 2nd item you get a bonus 55 euro cash back on top of the 2nd item refund. So for the ear buds I have paid 96 euro to Amazon, and Samsung are going to refund me 100 euro! So Samsung are paying me 4 euro to buy the Ear Buds. Awesome deal!!

So if I buy 2 pairs of the headphones for £79 coming to £158 then I get €45 refund from Samsung from the first pair and then an extra €55 for the second pair? So a €100 refund altogether meaning they only cost roughly €70 for 2 pairs?

Soarer wrote: »
    AFAIK, lightning doesn't strike twice.

Thats a pain, went to checkout and they didn't remove the UK vat so was working out much more and now the deal is gone for me even though its only 5% claimed

• Advertisement

kellier180 wrote: »
    So if I buy 2 pairs of the headphones for £79 coming to £158 then I get €45 refund from Samsung from the first pair and then an extra €55 for the second pair? So a €100 refund altogether meaning they only cost roughly €70 for 2 pairs?

Cant buy the same item

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

kellier180 wrote: »

I've been told earlier in the thread that they have to be 2 different qualifying items.

Cant buy the same item
    I've been told earlier in the thread that they have to be 2 different qualifying items.

Correct, you can use the calculator here to work out the cashback if you buy multiple items.

https://www.samsung.com/ie/cashback-offer/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Not that I'd condone such things, but could someone not buy the Samsung stuff from Amazon, claim the cashback, then return the stuff to Amazon?

Soarer wrote: »
    Not that I'd condone such things, but could someone not buy the Samsung stuff from Amazon, claim the cashback, then return the stuff to Amazon?

"If a Participant returns a Promotion Product after making a Claim, then the Participating Retailer shall notify the Promoter and the Claim shall be rejected. Where the Reward has already been paid then the Promoter shall seek to recover the Reward from the Participant."

https://2021.samsungpromotions.claims/summercashback/en-IE/terms

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭Bambaata

1huge1 wrote: »
    Thats working for me now, coming in at £52.99 (Irish Vat is why it is not £49.99).

Thanks for the heads up, i got charged £62.99 yesterday and no amount of chat is getting me anyway, seemingly ill get the refund in 90-120 days! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Stupify

Thats a pain, went to checkout and they didn't remove the UK vat so was working out much more and now the deal is gone for me even though its only 5% claimed

Make a new amazon account and sign up for 30 days free prime, you should be able to claim the deal again then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

I went online and disputed the Ring alarm kit I bought as an early Prime day lightning deal 3 weeks ago. They just sent me another 10 GBP credit to keep me quiet. I’m nearly at the correct price now after the 25 GBP original credit + 10 GBP today and the 6 extra on top of the 50 gift card spend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Just bought the echo 4th gen.
    Was £31 yesterday ,now it's down to just a bit over £25

• Registered Users Posts: 12,599 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Apologies, I know this has been explained before. But I have to ask again.

If I order everything in my basket together it'll come in over the threshold and get taxed.

If I order it all separately it won't get taxed, but they'll likely throw it into one shipment. In that case will I get hit with a tax bill later?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

errlloyd wrote: »

If I order everything in my basket together it'll come in over the threshold and get taxed.

If I order it all separately it won't get taxed, but they'll likely throw it into one shipment. In that case will I get hit with a tax bill later?

Haven’t read of it happening to anyone so maybe Amazon just cover it? I’ve had parcels opened and inspected by customs but all were under the limits.

If you're buying items under €22, order them separately and the VAT will be removed at checkout.

Otherwise, order as you like and Amazon will charge you the VAT on the checkout page. You won't get a tax bill later.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

No. What you pay is final.

They are still adding import fees if the original price was over the £22. Annoying!

I got onto livechat and they refunded the import fees and gave me a £5 voucher.

honda boi wrote: »
    Just bought the echo 4th gen.
    Was £31 yesterday ,now it's down to just a bit over £25

buy it again and return the first one!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,000 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Trying to buy a steam mop and it's going into the basket at full prime day price (42.39) and checking out at 52.14 so I'm playing the chat game again. Should be 43.45 by my calculations

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DevFirst

After lots of testing, the problem is fixed on SOME items (under certain conditions), but sill broken on other items. I'm compiling a list of what the conditions are and will post them in a bit. For now if you wanna check you're getting the right discount here's how.

HOW TO CHECK IF YOU'RE GETTING THE CORRECT DISCOUNT AMOUNT:
    First off, it's easier if you set your amazon display prices and checkout price to GBP temporarily (just while you compare the prices/discounts).

1. On the product page, take the Non-Deal Price item and subtract the Prime Exclusive Deal Price, this will give you the discount amount.
    EXAMPLE:
    £120.00 (Non-Deal Price)
    £90.00 (Prime Exclusive Deal Price)
    So discount is £30

2. Bring the deal priced item to checkout, "Promotion Applied" should match the discount you just calculated:
    [b]Order Summary[/b]
    Items:                 GBP 100.00 [i](correct, this is Non-Deal Price minus the 20% UK VAT)[/i]
    Postage and Packaging: GBP   0.00 [i](correct)[/i]
    Import Fees Deposit:   GBP  23.00 [i](correct, this is 23% irish VAT for £100)[/i]
    Total:                 GBP 123.00 [i](correct)[/i]
    [b]Promotion Applied:    -GBP  29.99[/b] [i](CHECK HERE)[/i]
    Order Total:           GBP  93.01 [i](correct, the extra 3.01 is just the diff from 20% UK VAT compared to 23% Irish VAT)[/i]

3. If the "Promotion applied" figure is lower than discount you got on the product page, the discount is WRONG, if it's the same (usually within 1p from my testing) it's being done correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭ablelocks

i nominate DevFirst as our official Boards Bargain Alerts Pricing Analyst Subject Matter Expert - he/she should be promoted to upper-tier management status with all the perks that go with that

• Registered Users Posts: 29 randomlad1337

Yeah seems like some items are fixed but some are not. Fixed are mostly popular items such as Echo products, smartphones etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Get this whopper from Chat:

The price that is being paid is a discounted price from Amazon because of the prime day sale, however the Import fee would always be charged on the Original price of the item.

So VAT is charged on a price you don't pay, surely that is illegal. But now the CS assistant has said it!

Advertisement