Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Site WW / Mafia Games Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭Neowise

Sounds like it all went according to plan :D

How's that decided?
    (sorry, should have followed along, then I'd know all of this, but I've been crazy busy recently)

the 15 players of the game vote for their top 4 players 1,2,3,and 4.
    Votes for all players are tabulated and the top 2 players voted by the players go onto the semi-finals.

After all 10 games have been played, the players of last years final, will then pick another 25 players to join those 20 player in the semis.

SEASON 8 TOURNAMENT STRUCTURE
    150 communities will participate, each sending one representative.

1. QUALIFIERS: 10 Qualifier Games will be played, consisting of 15 players each. I.e. every representative plays in one Qualifier Game. The players themselves vote post-game to determine who is deserving of advancement. 1st and 2nd place will advance to the Semifinal Games.
    2. SEMIFINALS: A Jury consisting of finalists from Season 7 will select 25 additional players to advance to the three Semifinal Games. From each game, five players will advance to the Finale Game based on a post-game player vote, just like in the qualifying phase.
    3. THE FINALE: The Finale Game is played. Once it has completed, the players vote to determine who shall receive the title of Season 8 Champion and a winner’s certificate signed by Dmitry Davidoff, the creator of mafia.

This means any representative could play anywhere between 1 to 3 games.

TIMELINE:
    • The Qualifier Games will have start dates ranging from mid-May to early July. Exact dates to follow.
    • The Semifinal Games will be played in July and August.
    • The Finale Game will be played in August or September.

VOTING PROMPT
    After each game ends, the players will cast their votes based on this voting prompt:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Holy crap :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I hope my buddies make it through first. Pilica has played each year but never advanced. Nyth had a wonderful game and got my first place.

I believe the placing reveal occurs Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭ari101

I entirely missed the recent activity on this thread - I was thinking it was really quiet around here ;)

Congrats beaker, that's brill, hope you get voted through to the next stage! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Advertisement

ari101 wrote: »
    I entirely missed the recent activity on this thread - I was thinking it was really quiet around here ;)

Congrats beaker, that's brill, hope you get voted through to the next stage! :)

I think Nyth is a shoe in, myself and Pilica will be fighting out for second spot.

If not hopefully I can make it through in the wildcard playoff votes (as I call them).

tenor.gif

Our boy Necro has subbed in to Game 7 of the Mafia Universe Championship Qualifiers. Game is one day old and Necro is being dumped smacked dab in the middle of it.

We have a discord server chat in which we are all rooting for Necro and observing the game. Come join us. Pm myself or Neowise for the discord link.

The game link is here : https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/30972-Season-8-Game-7-Heroes-Assemble%21-Saving-Universe-City-from-Itself-The-Mafia-Championship

beakerjoe wrote: »
    tenor.gif

Our boy Necro has subbed in to Game 7 of the Mafia Universe Championship Qualifiers. Game is one day old and Necro is being dumped smacked dab in the middle of it.

We have a discord server chat in which we are all rooting for Necro and observing the game. Come join us. Pm myself or Neowise for the discord link.

The game link is here : https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/30972-Season-8-Game-7-Heroes-Assemble%21-Saving-Universe-City-from-Itself-The-Mafia-Championship

Nights 1 so Necro will begin his game here on Day 2 : https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/30972-Season-8-Game-7-Heroes-Assemble%21-Saving-Universe-City-from-Itself-The-Mafia-Championship/page17

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Congrats to beaker, FIRST PLACE and straight through to the Mafia World Championship Semi Finals!!!

giphy.gif

I couldn't do it without your support you guys.

Im just happy I didnt suck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,652 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

Nice, well played Beaks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

That's some result BJ. Well done!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,789 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Congrats beaker that's some result!

Will someone send me a link to the discord for the next game when it's happening please

WELL DONE BJOE AND GOOD LUCK NECRO

Draw made for Semi Finals of MU Championship. Necro is in game 3, with Pilica from my Game. Im in game 1 with Thunel of Necros game and Ephi from my practice game

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

I'm running an offsite 15 player game of werewolf.

Its half full and we need 7 more players to fill it and get it going.

If anybody is interested in having a look, pm me and i'll send you a link to have a look and see if you are interested.

I cant PM you Neo, getting a private user error.

If you can PM, hit me up.

Sorry about that, will unprivate my profile for others, i've pmed you on the link.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

On what site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭nothing

Big Boardser returns with a FoGgy twist, pop over to sign up

Werewolf and Mafia got a mention on The Graham Norton Show this week by Kate Hudson and Elizabeth Banks

Annual MU champs game is looking for a boards,ie rep. Would you like to play in a fast paced WW game with typically 600+ posts to read on day 1.

If that sounds like fun to you, let me know and i'll put your name forward.

Annual MU champs game is looking for a boards.ie rep. Would you like to play in a fast paced WW game with typically 600+ posts to read on day 1.

If that sounds like fun to you, let me know and I'll put your name forward.

@JP Liz V1 is the gal for this I reckon

well, they came back to me, and they asked, well, who is your reps...
    and i said, well, between the two site.. boards and foggies, we got zero interest.

they said, sure, lets wait some more.....

we waited more time, lots of time, still no interest....

they come back to me....

well, so who is your champion, as per your community vote etc.

i report, still no interest.

they come back today. and dead line is today, and they ask again, well, who is your rep?

i go, there is no interest, they say, will you do it.

well, if i had greater character, maybe i could have refused, but i stupidly accepted.

I have signed up for the foggies invite.
    There remains open, the boards invite, and both subs. please, if you are in any way interested, let me know, and i'll assist you in getting signed up.

Neowise.

• Advertisement

You sure you won't have a try Mac? Its only 10 posts per day minimum!

Advertisement