Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Royal Ascot 2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭deeks

Two more punts for today:

Small win only on My Oberon in the Prince of Wales. Has it to do on the figures but we at least know he's in form having finished a very close third in a Group 1 in France last time and he won't mind the ground. Obviously has it all to do with the likes of Love and Lord North but Love is having her seasonal debut over a trip possibly short of her best and Lord North bled last time albeit winning well. No juice in the 2 places ew so a small win only at 20/1.

Dalanijujo could get involved in the last. Won last time out beating a horse who was in very good form having won the twice previously. The drop to 8 furlongs seemed to help there so I'll take her to improve again. 18/1 Bet 365 5 places.

deeks wrote: »
    Two more punts for today:

Small win only on My Oberon in the Prince of Wales. Has it to do on the figures but we at least know he's in form having finished a very close third in a Group 1 in France last time and he won't mind the ground. Obviously has it all to do with the likes of Love and Lord North but Love is having her seasonal debut over a trip possibly short of her best and Lord North bled last time albeit winning well. No juice in the 2 places ew so a small win only at 20/1.

Dalanijujo could get involved in the last. Won last time out beating a horse who was in very good form having won the twice previously. The drop to 8 furlongs seemed to help there so I'll take her to improve again. 18/1 Bet 365 5 places.

Just noticed that Lord North is a non runner which makes the 20/1 ew 2 places a slightly more attractive option with My Oberon so thats the way I'll play it.

• Moderators Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Like Illustrating in the first; beat a nice type at Catterick on debut, should be better suited to this track and Karl Burke seems to rate her highly. Slightly worried 9 isn't the place to be but who knows! She looks Group class to me.

Onassis in the Duke Of Cambridge is likely to have been trained to the minute for this (Fellowes got her to score first time out in the Sandringham last year and nearly won the 1m 6f handicap yesterday with a fresh one!). Needs a career best obviously and I'm semi-worried about a lack of pace for her to sit off, but happy to gamble at the price - backed her at 12's and she's 18/1 now!

Astro King in the Hunt Cup is my main fancy of the day. Looks tailormade for this, circumstance bet him at Thirsk and a cavalry charge over the straight mile will be perfect. Should have an optimal draw and hopefully Moore can get him travelling behind horses early. If he does I think they'll fly home. Value in the price is gone but hopefully he'll go close.

Apricot Moon a big priced flyer in the last! Trained by a man who looks like he could go to the top and mentioned this as her target for the season in March. Only had one run but the race didn't pan out and I'm not sure she's a 10f horse anyway (plus it was a Listed contest). Fast ground no issue, been dropped 3lbs to 90 (looked good on her Irish Guineas run) and first time tongue-tie could help as she has had wind problems. 40/1 best price - that's too big!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭gazza1

Had a nibble on REVICH in the Hunt Cup. 50/1 7 places. You can also get 25/1 10 places with b365.
    2 runs over a mile this season have resulted in a 6th in the Lincoln at 100/1 and 4th of 16 at Newbury. Was 1 1/4L behind Matthew Flinders that day and has a 3lb pull today.
    Odds seem big based on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Xander10

stradivarius, can he be beaten tomorrow?

Xander10 wrote: »
    stradivarius, can he be beaten tomorrow?

I've tried to get him beaten a few times and failed so my play will be to look for something to be placed at a big price. I'm looking at 2 at the moment - Twilight Payment and Rip Van Lips. Twilight Payment will be far better suited by this trip and ground rather than what he has faced earlier in the season albeit he hasn't been running badly. 33/1 3 Places with Bet 365 and 25/1 4 places with PP both look tempting. Rip Van Lips is a bit of a shot in the dark but he has good form in Germany and Andreas Suborics is not sending him over here for a holiday so I'll have a small few quid ew at 80/1 4 places with PP.

In the Britannia I'm chancing Gioia Cieca with the extra places 45/1 5 places with Bet 365. Runs off 96. Was only 1.5 lengths off Megallan and El Drama the last day who are now rated 110 and 109 respectively.

In the King George V I think Too Friendly might have a small squeak at a big price. Beat Dhushan in a maiden the time before last who's go on to win 2 since and is now rated 92. That would suggest that on that form Be Friendly is a 95 horse at least and is in here off 88. His pedigree doesn't necessarily suggest the extra distance will help but PP are 40/1 5 places so I'll have a little bit of that in hope more than expectation.

Finally PP are 6 places in the Buckingham Palace so I've come down on Dubai Mirage in the hope that he'll bounce back after two bad experiences on dirt. On his earlier form the 50/1 on offer looks big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Would love to see princess Zoe win

Mohaafeth/Stradivarius double @5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭moritz1234

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Would love to see princess Zoe win

Needs rain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭Morleystreet

Nayef Road last 2 runs have been terrible. But if he recaptured last years for he has a great chance of placing. 80/1 (3 places) looks very fair to take that risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

that's rotten from crowley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Milanative wrote: »
    that's rotten from crowley

What happened i missed it?

Another big punt on Dubai Fountain another disappointment. Takes a brave man to have the nuts on one of Johnston's he is absolutely diabolical.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭sliabh 1956

What happened i missed it?

His horse drifted across and impeded Ryan Moore if it was in France he would have lost the race but the stewards at Ascot deemed it to be ok a crazy ruling as Moore basically had to stop riding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Emperor of the sun at 16s for the big upset my bet

• Advertisement

Another big punt on Dubai Fountain another disappointment. Takes a brave man to have the nuts on one of Johnston's he is absolutely diabolical.

Delete delete delete

Not dettori finest moment

Stinker from Dettori on Stradivarius.

Some run from Princess Zoe

Princess zoe found as much trouble as stradivarius and showed more zip, subjectivist is just the better horse now at their ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

Anyone think Horoscope might have a big run in him on this faster ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Panrich wrote: »
    Anyone think Horoscope might have a big run in him on this faster ground?

YES. and boyles ( who i haven't had a bet with is decades have 6 places), i actually lodged a few quid just to take advantage. along with a minute bet on Emporio at 100/1

gazza1 wrote: »
    Some run from Princess Zoe

Loved Tony Mullins’ interview. He’s some character!

Moore gets another one beat that probably should have won. Was way too far back turning in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Had a crack at Serpentine in the Gold Cup just because he was supplemented and lighting might have struck twice. It was me that got struck ��

Dettori wasn't at his best on Stradivarius but he couldn't pass the 2nd horse Princess Zoe or hold off the 3rd horse Spanish Mission who swept past him. It was a hot race with no hiding places. Nayef Road was beaten 16 1/2L today and Stradivarius only beat him 10 Lengths when he thrashed him last year, at other times Nayef Road finished within a few lengths of him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Xander10

deeks wrote: »
    I've tried to get him beaten a few times and failed so my play will be to look for something to be placed at a big price. I'm looking at 2 at the moment - Twilight Payment and Rip Van Lips. Twilight Payment will be far better suited by this trip and ground rather than what he has faced earlier in the season albeit he hasn't been running badly. 33/1 3 Places with Bet 365 and 25/1 4 places with PP both look tempting. Rip Van Lips is a bit of a shot in the dark but he has good form in Germany and Andreas Suborics is not sending him over here for a holiday so I'll have a small few quid ew at 80/1 4 places with PP.

In the Britannia I'm chancing Gioia Cieca with the extra places 45/1 5 places with Bet 365. Runs off 96. Was only 1.5 lengths off Megallan and El Drama the last day who are now rated 110 and 109 respectively.

In the King George V I think Too Friendly might have a small squeak at a big price. Beat Dhushan in a maiden the time before last who's go on to win 2 since and is now rated 92. That would suggest that on that form Be Friendly is a 95 horse at least and is in here off 88. His pedigree doesn't necessarily suggest the extra distance will help but PP are 40/1 5 places so I'll have a little bit of that in hope more than expectation.

Finally PP are 6 places in the Buckingham Palace so I've come down on Dubai Mirage in the hope that he'll bounce back after two bad experiences on dirt. On his earlier form the 50/1 on offer looks big.

today was the day.

Any thoughts on Ado's fav tomorrow? price seems skimpy

Couple of decent priced ones I'm looking at today:

3.05 Tasman Bay ew at 16/1 with PP. His last two runs have tied in closely with Hurricane Lane and John Leeper who would both be quite short for what doesn't look a vintage renewal. Step up in trip should suit as well so 16/1 looks more than fair.

3.40 Mooniesta 40/1 4 places with Bet 365. Beaten 3/4 length by Logo Hunter giving 5 lbs 3 starts back and he's now rated 113 and would be amoung the favourites for this if running. Ran well both starts since and is worth chancing at the price.

Xander10 wrote: »
    today was the day.

Any thoughts on Ado's fav tomorrow? price seems skimpy

If you're talking about Mother Earth in the Coronation I think she'll run well but I'm more sweet on Primo Bacio. 7/1 with Bet 365 and they're paying 4 places if you want to go ew but I think thats great value.

Think Johnny Murtagh could have a good day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,016 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Looks like the meeting is going to fall to the weather :(

• Advertisement

Mad in June an inspection called ! Loads of rain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭akelly02

His horse drifted across and impeded Ryan Moore if it was in France he would have lost the race but the stewards at Ascot deemed it to be ok a crazy ruling as Moore basically had to stop riding

best horse won, yes he drifted but crowley had it in the bag at that point. not like he purposely wanted him to impede the other horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

akelly02 wrote: »
    best horse won, yes he drifted but crowley had it in the bag at that point. not like he purposely wanted him to impede the other horse?

Exactly, Crowley had pulled ahead when the horse started to drift across. Anyway you should be allowed cut horses off like that as long as it isn't dangerous it's racing ffs

Exactly, Crowley had pulled ahead when the horse started to drift across. Anyway you should be allowed cut horses off like that as long as it isn't dangerous it's racing ffs

twice he cuts across him and doesn't change his whip to correct him an absolute scum move, pair of ye should try another sport cause ye know nothing about this one

Racing goes ahead anyway. Will be looking for some mud lovers I'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

Elliptic in the first. 9/1. Won on gd/sft and was beaten by quic suzy on soft who won the other day. Having a nice ew on this.

twice he cuts across him and doesn't change his whip to correct him an absolute scum move, pair of ye should try another sport cause ye know nothing about this one

70 posts , and most of them waffle, id say you are a fountain of knowledge yourself there

Any sign of Emmet mullins getting warned off yet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

akelly02 wrote: »
    70 posts , and most of them waffle, id say you are a fountain of knowledge yourself there

He's a clown does nothing but moan

• Advertisement

itv desperate for dettori to get the race the absolute sycophants

more bull **** after what they let Crowley away with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭Panrich

itv desperate for dettori to get the race the absolute sycophants

I was on Oisin's horse there so it might be pocket talk but I think he would still have won if they both stayed straight. He was ahead when the interference started and was behind when the drifting finished. He got on top when they drifted apart.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭but1er

got paid out by PP will they take the money back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

but1er wrote: »
    got paid out by PP will they take the money back?

No. They pay out on first past the post as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Anyone else just find Oisin Murphy unlikeable for some reason. Thought Snow Lantern ran a cracker there.

• Advertisement

Johner wrote: »
    Anyone else just find Oisin Murphy unlikeable for some reason. Thought Snow Lantern ran a cracker there.

the lantern finished like a train. one to keep an eye on .

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭sliabh 1956

Johner wrote: »

After that interview no

Murtagh did OK

11/1 placed
    6/1 winner
    15/2 placed.

Not bad from 3 runners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dwarf.Shortage

Wesley Ward came across very well when interviewed whilst result was up in the air, very reserved yet assertive interview. One of the commentators made a good point that if Oisin Murphy's argument was that the horse lugged right of its own accord then the question the stewards had to answer was would Frankie have won if he was on the horses left and he had lugged right for a good 5m as he did. I think it was the right call in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,400 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Oisin Murphy paid a very nice tribute to the young girl Tiggy Hancock who tragically died after a fall from her horse earlier this week.
    Jockeys wearing yellow ribbons in her memory.

• Advertisement
Advertisement