Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Royal Ascot 2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Milanative

that's rotten from crowley

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Milanative wrote: »
    that's rotten from crowley

What happened i missed it?

Another big punt on Dubai Fountain another disappointment. Takes a brave man to have the nuts on one of Johnston's he is absolutely diabolical.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭sliabh 1956

What happened i missed it?

His horse drifted across and impeded Ryan Moore if it was in France he would have lost the race but the stewards at Ascot deemed it to be ok a crazy ruling as Moore basically had to stop riding

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

Emperor of the sun at 16s for the big upset my bet

• Advertisement

Another big punt on Dubai Fountain another disappointment. Takes a brave man to have the nuts on one of Johnston's he is absolutely diabolical.

Delete delete delete

• Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Not dettori finest moment

• Registered Users Posts: 13,755 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

Stinker from Dettori on Stradivarius.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Some run from Princess Zoe

Princess zoe found as much trouble as stradivarius and showed more zip, subjectivist is just the better horse now at their ages

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Panrich

Anyone think Horoscope might have a big run in him on this faster ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭longshotvalue

Panrich wrote: »
    Anyone think Horoscope might have a big run in him on this faster ground?

YES. and boyles ( who i haven't had a bet with is decades have 6 places), i actually lodged a few quid just to take advantage. along with a minute bet on Emporio at 100/1

gazza1 wrote: »
    Some run from Princess Zoe

Loved Tony Mullins’ interview. He’s some character!

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭deeks

Moore gets another one beat that probably should have won. Was way too far back turning in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Had a crack at Serpentine in the Gold Cup just because he was supplemented and lighting might have struck twice. It was me that got struck ��

Dettori wasn't at his best on Stradivarius but he couldn't pass the 2nd horse Princess Zoe or hold off the 3rd horse Spanish Mission who swept past him. It was a hot race with no hiding places. Nayef Road was beaten 16 1/2L today and Stradivarius only beat him 10 Lengths when he thrashed him last year, at other times Nayef Road finished within a few lengths of him

• Registered Users Posts: 4,583 ✭✭✭Xander10

deeks wrote: »
    I've tried to get him beaten a few times and failed so my play will be to look for something to be placed at a big price. I'm looking at 2 at the moment - Twilight Payment and Rip Van Lips. Twilight Payment will be far better suited by this trip and ground rather than what he has faced earlier in the season albeit he hasn't been running badly. 33/1 3 Places with Bet 365 and 25/1 4 places with PP both look tempting. Rip Van Lips is a bit of a shot in the dark but he has good form in Germany and Andreas Suborics is not sending him over here for a holiday so I'll have a small few quid ew at 80/1 4 places with PP.

In the Britannia I'm chancing Gioia Cieca with the extra places 45/1 5 places with Bet 365. Runs off 96. Was only 1.5 lengths off Megallan and El Drama the last day who are now rated 110 and 109 respectively.

In the King George V I think Too Friendly might have a small squeak at a big price. Beat Dhushan in a maiden the time before last who's go on to win 2 since and is now rated 92. That would suggest that on that form Be Friendly is a 95 horse at least and is in here off 88. His pedigree doesn't necessarily suggest the extra distance will help but PP are 40/1 5 places so I'll have a little bit of that in hope more than expectation.

Finally PP are 6 places in the Buckingham Palace so I've come down on Dubai Mirage in the hope that he'll bounce back after two bad experiences on dirt. On his earlier form the 50/1 on offer looks big.

today was the day.

Any thoughts on Ado's fav tomorrow? price seems skimpy

Couple of decent priced ones I'm looking at today:

3.05 Tasman Bay ew at 16/1 with PP. His last two runs have tied in closely with Hurricane Lane and John Leeper who would both be quite short for what doesn't look a vintage renewal. Step up in trip should suit as well so 16/1 looks more than fair.

3.40 Mooniesta 40/1 4 places with Bet 365. Beaten 3/4 length by Logo Hunter giving 5 lbs 3 starts back and he's now rated 113 and would be amoung the favourites for this if running. Ran well both starts since and is worth chancing at the price.

Xander10 wrote: »
    today was the day.

Any thoughts on Ado's fav tomorrow? price seems skimpy

If you're talking about Mother Earth in the Coronation I think she'll run well but I'm more sweet on Primo Bacio. 7/1 with Bet 365 and they're paying 4 places if you want to go ew but I think thats great value.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

Think Johnny Murtagh could have a good day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

Looks like the meeting is going to fall to the weather :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,535 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Mad in June an inspection called ! Loads of rain

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

His horse drifted across and impeded Ryan Moore if it was in France he would have lost the race but the stewards at Ascot deemed it to be ok a crazy ruling as Moore basically had to stop riding

best horse won, yes he drifted but crowley had it in the bag at that point. not like he purposely wanted him to impede the other horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

akelly02 wrote: »
    best horse won, yes he drifted but crowley had it in the bag at that point. not like he purposely wanted him to impede the other horse?

Exactly, Crowley had pulled ahead when the horse started to drift across. Anyway you should be allowed cut horses off like that as long as it isn't dangerous it's racing ffs

Exactly, Crowley had pulled ahead when the horse started to drift across. Anyway you should be allowed cut horses off like that as long as it isn't dangerous it's racing ffs

twice he cuts across him and doesn't change his whip to correct him an absolute scum move, pair of ye should try another sport cause ye know nothing about this one

Racing goes ahead anyway. Will be looking for some mud lovers I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭karlram

Elliptic in the first. 9/1. Won on gd/sft and was beaten by quic suzy on soft who won the other day. Having a nice ew on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Milanative wrote: »
    twice he cuts across him and doesn't change his whip to correct him an absolute scum move, pair of ye should try another sport cause ye know nothing about this one

70 posts , and most of them waffle, id say you are a fountain of knowledge yourself there

Any sign of Emmet mullins getting warned off yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

akelly02 wrote: »
    70 posts , and most of them waffle, id say you are a fountain of knowledge yourself there

He's a clown does nothing but moan

• Advertisement

itv desperate for dettori to get the race the absolute sycophants

Advertisement