Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I am looking for ( x ) in Galway city&county

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,821 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Any recommendations for where to buy a car battery ? Halfords seems the obvious but definitely not cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Any motor factors.
    If you ask in Motors forum with more details they will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,360 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Car Parts Warehouse Liosban Business Park Tuam Rd

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Looking for an outside electric cover if anyone can help.
    Something like this

• Registered Users Posts: 11,974 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Looking for an outside electric cover if anyone can help.
    Something like this

Should be able get one from ESB if it's to replace a damaged one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 707 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Should be able get one from ESB if it's to replace a damaged one.

Yeah it's damaged. Where in town is the E.S.B?

Yeah it's damaged. Where in town is the E.S.B?

Sandy Rd. You can't rock up there unless you know someone though. Contact them online or phone and see what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Large summer (fake flowers etc) wreath for front door.
    Thanks
    Pa

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

dinneenp wrote: »
    Thanks
    Pa

Yes flowers on Eglinton Street

• Registered Users Posts: 8,099 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Yes flowers on Eglinton Street

Phoned them.....beginning at €130. I know they'd do a quality product but I was thinking cheap and cheerful, similar to Dunnes/where ever Xmas wreath

• Advertisement

Phoned them.....beginning at €130. I know they'd do a quality product but I was thinking cheap and cheerful, similar to Dunnes/where ever Xmas wreath

I've seen some on ShopinIreland.ie, no idea on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭Cheshire Cat

Thanks
    Pa

Dunnes Stores €15.00
    https://www.dunnesstores.com/p/floral-wreath/7431864

Carraig Donn €60
    https://www.carraigdonn.com/products/blue-blush-wreath

Possibly TKMaxx?

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Thanks
    Pa

Rita's Wreath Designs out Monivea side.
    Haven't used them, but heard about them.
    I see prices of €45 delivered there for nice looking things.

Nice to promote a little home business too.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭westgolf

Sandy Rd. You can't rock up there unless you know someone though. Contact them online or phone and see what they say.

CT electric or flaherty markets will have these doors. About €15 each, two different types of catch/lock so check you have the right one

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭B Rabbit

Somewhere that sells electrical components . Looking for a momentary switch something like this:

F7346704-01?pgw=1&pgwact=1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

B Rabbit wrote: »
    Somewhere that sells electrical components . Looking for a momentary switch something like this:
    I'd try CT Electric and Flahertys (see last post). Caulfields maybe. Beyond that I'd go online and try Adverts, Radionics and CPC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

If you are passing you could try Tripart. Other than that I would say online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

F7346704-01?pgw=1&pgwact=1

If still looking local, try car parts suppliers. A few in Liosban. Also a sound systems repair place there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Is there anywhere I could get weights for a cantilever/overhanging umbrella parasol?

To weight something like this down basically :

q01qf249500s.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭b.gud

Is there anywhere I could get weights for a cantilever/overhanging umbrella parasol?

I was looking for similar a while back and couldn't find any I asked in Woodies and they told me I could use paving slabs, as that is what they do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

b.gud wrote: »
    I was looking for similar a while back and couldn't find any I asked in Woodies and they told me I could use paving slabs, as that is what they do.

Did you try them? did they work?
    Would be great if they did as I'd say it's cheaper.
    Prices of weights look crazy, I got the umbrella as a gift and I really can't afford 60 or 70 just to make it upright.

b.gud wrote: »

The black wedges, are they not weighted already? Can they be filled with water to add weight?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭b.gud

Did you try them? did they work?
    Would be great if they did as I'd say it's cheaper.
    Prices of weights look crazy, I got the umbrella as a gift and I really can't afford 60 or 70 just to make it upright.

Yeah they work pretty well and keep it upright though when it's going to be windy I put the umbrella down just to be on the sage side
    The black wedges, are they not weighted already? Can they be filled with water to add weight?

The black wedges in the photo by OP are usually an extra that you have to buy. I've never owned them but I think you're right that you can fill them with water

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

I've always found weights not to be heavy enough. Maybe I live in a particularly windy place but any domestic parasol I've ever had either gets ruined by the wind, or is too uncomfortable/unnerving to sit under due to the wind.

To your question, if it is a square base, as mentioned they should fit 4 standard paving slabs.

I'd also put a load of concrete blocks on top for good measure :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Andrea B.

aw wrote: »
    I've always found weights not to be heavy enough. Maybe I live in a particularly windy place but any domestic parasol I've ever had either gets ruined by the wind, or is too uncomfortable/unnerving to sit under due to the wind.

To your question, if it is a square base, as mentioned they should fit 4 standard paving slabs.

I'd also put a load of concrete blocks on top for good measure :D

If you get hold of some used free storage heater blocks. Much heavier than slabs. Ask electrical contractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Where can I find a seamstress/alter'er who can remove and re locate a trouser stud?

*apparently not all have the necessary equipment.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Faze11

q01qf249500s.jpg

B&Q have them. Can't remember if they were 18neuro a piece or 28. I think 18.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Where can I find a seamstress/alter'er who can remove and re locate a trouser stud?

*apparently not all have the necessary equipment.

Always found the zip yard to be a good all rounder. Worth a shot.

Looking to get the beat cut of steak I can. Anyone recommend the cut and where to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

There has been an argument in bargain alerts raging for years on what is the best cut of steak. For my money, I think the best and most flavoursome cut is the ribeye. A fillet is going to be guaranteed tender but perhaps not quite as flavoursome as it tends to be lean. And a strip streak is another good option.

grillpan-5bb8937f95d22.jpg

I look for thorough and heavy marbling for whatever I pick, salt + pepper, & cook on a grill pan. I typically do 85-90% of the cooking on just one side (no flipping or messing) then sear the sides and flip it for just 90 seconds or so to sear the other side then straight onto a hot plate. I normally just get the Dunnes select and have heard good things about both Aldi/Lidl steaks. Obviously going to a butcher might up the game a bit. I see Divilly in Westside has a spiffy dry ageing fridge if that's your thing. My only problem with butchers is you don't get as much say with the marbling or the cost but at least you can get a fat, thick steak if that's what you're after.

The steak thread: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin//showthread.php?t=2057501295

Advertisement