Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interdepartmental Higher Executive Officer 2020 - (Serving Civil Servants ONLY)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

I couldn’t look back at mine. The practice questions were horrible to look at so I decided not to review the real thing! Fingers crossed for Stage 3

If I’m honest and this is purely my personal opinion I’m half sorry I even done the practice question as I was completely ready to roll and I got all nervous and jittery.
    I don’t think I showed confidence as blabbed away but by the last one I think I was all calm and collected

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

When is the closing date for this batch for stage 2?

Wednesday, 9th June 2021 until midnight on Thursday, 17th June 2021

With the way this week is going, I'll be doing it on Thursday at 11.30pm! Gah!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Elpeep

eimaj18 wrote: »
    Wednesday, 9th June 2021 until midnight on Thursday, 17th June 2021

With the way this week is going, I'll be doing it on Thursday at 11.30pm! Gah!

I'm sure you're joking about the half 11 part, but I would strongly caution you to start it much earlier in the day and also to allow at least a half hour if not more for the recording even if it looks like it should only take 10 minutes for the whole thing.

Also, beware of the Sonru system - I did the pre-test checks and all was fine but on the actual day of the test it took me an hour to get the system to work for me to make my recording and I recall a few other people having similar issues. And definitely check the recoding/audio afterwards as a colleague of mine went through the whole thing the night before the deadline only to discover it never recorded his audio!

Otherwise, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Has anyone from stage 3 been placed yet ?

Annnd does anyone feel like emailing PAS to find out if anyone has?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jobdoer001

was part of the 1st 100 interviewed, placed in top 50. Still awaiting clearance to be completed but should hear soon for Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 neevobeevo

Has anyone from stage 3 been placed yet ?

Annnd does anyone feel like emailing PAS to find out if anyone has?

Haven't heard of anyone being placed yet, I placed in top 20 on panel and not a word, I emailed PAS last Thurs to ask if anyone appointed yet but no response so far. A bit nerve-wracking waiting to see where we end up!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Landlord21

Hi all, first time to post here.

I'm OOM 1,200s for Dublin (interdepartmental).

When would I hope to be called for next stage, which I believe is the online video assement?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Porkpie

Did a few of the Sonru interview practice questions and each time, in the last few seconds a message pops up to say "there seems to be a problem with your internet connection. Please check your internet connection and try again". I know for a fact that my broadband speed is very good and reliable so can't understand why I'm repeatedly getting this message. I wonder if the Sonru site is buggy - anyone else having this problem?

Porkpie wrote: »
    Did a few of the Sonru interview practice questions and each time, in the last few seconds a message pops up to say "there seems to be a problem with your internet connection. Please check your internet connection and try again". I know for a fact that my broadband speed is very good and reliable so can't understand why I'm repeatedly getting this message. I wonder if the Sonru site is buggy - anyone else having this problem?

I got that message repeatedly when I was trying to do my interview as well. I even tried connecting my laptop via a cable rather than relying on the wifi in my house. Eventually I downloaded the app onto my tablet and completed it that way as I couldn't get it to work. I figured the problem is their end and not mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Kenevil

I've decided to pull out of the competition. Close enough to being called for Internal HEO. Best of luck to everyone. Thanks for all the help and advice over the last few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Connected99

Kenevil wrote: »
    I've decided to pull out of the competition. Close enough to being called for Internal HEO. Best of luck to everyone. Thanks for all the help and advice over the last few months.

Best of Luck!!
    The internal panel appears to be moving fairly quickly... 🙂

HGVRHKYY wrote: »
    Which internal competition is that?

Revenue

Best of Luck!!
    The internal panel appears to be moving fairly quickly... ��
    Thanks so much :)
    Its flying along they were up to about the 80 last Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 9 jobdoer001

Mad that they run these internal competition while having an Interdepartmental, double jobbing kind of isn't it 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Elpeep wrote: »
    I'm sure you're joking about the half 11 part, but I would strongly caution you to start it much earlier in the day and also to allow at least a half hour if not more for the recording even if it looks like it should only take 10 minutes for the whole thing.

Also, beware of the Sonru system - I did the pre-test checks and all was fine but on the actual day of the test it took me an hour to get the system to work for me to make my recording and I recall a few other people having similar issues. And definitely check the recoding/audio afterwards as a colleague of mine went through the whole thing the night before the deadline only to discover it never recorded his audio!

Otherwise, best of luck.

Thanks a mil. Yes, joking about the 11.30 bit, but it probably will be Thursday when I plan to do it - during work, only quiet time in the house. ;-) Thanks so much for the techie information, I will check that all out tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭T900i

Landlord21 wrote: »
    Hi all, first time to post here.

I'm OOM 1,200s for Dublin (interdepartmental).

When would I hope to be called for next stage, which I believe is the online video assement?

Thanks

I have been called for stage 2 Dublin which closes this Thursday. My OOM was mid 500’s that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Landlord21

T900i wrote: »
    I have been called for stage 2 Dublin which closes this Thursday. My OOM was mid 500’s that helps

Thanks, ill probably be in next batch !

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

eimaj18 wrote: »
    Thanks a mil. Yes, joking about the 11.30 bit, but it probably will be Thursday when I plan to do it - during work, only quiet time in the house. ;-) Thanks so much for the techie information, I will check that all out tomorrow.

Don't worry, you're not alone.

Peace and quiet in my home is unheard of, I will probably do it tomorrow around lunch time or later.

I was considering doing it in the car to be honest, but knowing my luck a neighbour would see me and come up to say hi lol

• Registered Users Posts: 26 farmboy1

Hey folks, probably answered already, but does anyone know how long it usually takes to get results from the video interview?

farmboy1 wrote: »
    Hey folks, probably answered already, but does anyone know how long it usually takes to get results from the video interview?

It was three weeks from the closing date for completion of the interviews before we got the results.

• Advertisement

neevobeevo wrote: »
    Haven't heard of anyone being placed yet, I placed in top 20 on panel and not a word, I emailed PAS last Thurs to ask if anyone appointed yet but no response so far. A bit nerve-wracking waiting to see where we end up!

I just got my assignment notification today so the panel is moving :)

* massive sigh of relief to finally be done*

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭caarp

Congratulations Elpeep! I hope it's a good move for you?

caarp wrote: »
    Congratulations Elpeep! I hope it's a good move for you?

I'm actually staying in my own department (I figured better the devil you know!). I doubt I can stay in my current section but at least working from home is possible generally speaking here so fingers crossed - that's my main concern.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Jimbo1908

Well done. Without giving too much away, what was your OOM?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

Congrats !! Just wondering whether it was an email or did it come through PAS.

Jimbo1908 wrote: »
    Well done. Without giving too much away, what was your OOM?

Between 10 and 20 if that's narrow enough.

Congrats !! Just wondering whether it was an email or did it come through PAS.

Text from PAS to look at my inbox on their system, then an email from them 5 minutes later saying the same thing (had always presumed they were simultaneous).

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Disney2003

Hi, just wondering if anyone has an update for carlow or kk. I did the video interview in april and still not heard anything either way

• Registered Users Posts: 33 neevobeevo

Text from PAS to look at my inbox on their system, then an email from them 5 minutes later saying the same thing (had always presumed they were simultaneous).

Got my message a while ago too, also staying in my dept. which I'm pleased with. Good luck to everyone with assignments and all still going through process.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

Folks, quick question.

I'm gonna do the interview tomorrow morning, did everyone suit up for the stage 2 interview?

Advertisement