Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

LMHC wrote: »
    I've no idea what sold or fulfilled by Amazon is. I have 2 different sellers on says delivery by royal mail the other says delivery by Amazon.

Go to the listing - where you clicked Add to Basket or Buy Now and in the same box in the line below where it says Secure Transaction it will tell you the seller.

An example of one that I'm waiting to be shipped

"Sold by Peppy® and Fulfilled by Amazon."

That means its coming from an Amazon Warehouse but the stock belongs to a third party. Price at checkout is what you pay.

Then you have

"Dispatched from and sold by Amazon."

That should be obvious. Amazon are selling their own stuff. Price at checkout is what you pay.

And finally you could have something like

"Dispatched from and sold by Zestlife."

Which is a third party seller that lists stuff on Amazon and send it to you from their own warehouse. Import duty maybe payable as an extra.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Mr321

What's the best way/options to buy from Amazon.uk these days both with postage prices and Import duties?
    Parcel Motel no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Go to the listing - where you clicked Add to Basket or Buy Now and in the same box in the line below where it says Secure Transaction it will tell you the seller.

An example of one that I'm waiting to be shipped

"Sold by Peppy® and Fulfilled by Amazon."

That means its coming from an Amazon Warehouse but the stock belongs to a third party. Price at checkout is what you pay.

Then you have

"Dispatched from and sold by Amazon."

That should be obvious. Amazon are selling their own stuff. Price at checkout is what you pay.

And finally you could have something like

"Dispatched from and sold by Zestlife."

Which is a third party seller that lists stuff on Amazon and send it to you from their own warehouse. Import duty maybe payable as an extra.

Thanknyou

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Ordered on 2nd ,Delivery left parcel carrier in Langley on the 4th 00.58, Royal mail says in transit but the tracking number hasn't registered with an post, it says on royal mail handed to delivery partner on friday so it should be showing on An post should it not.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,301 ✭✭✭✭zell12

It's a public holiday, check in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I ordered a brand new xbox one drive from Amazon. It arrived this morning but it is not new - it looks used and the manufacture year on it is 2013. I didn't even bother going to the trouble of testing it as it looks used. I immediately applied to return it but it looks like I'm going to have to pay postage which will cost 20 quid - Will I get refunded and why is it my responsibility to pay return postage when the product didn't match the description? Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭VG31

Danick wrote: »
    I ordered a brand new xbox one drive from Amazon. It arrived this morning but it is not new - it looks used and the manufacture year on it is 2013. I didn't even bother going to the trouble of testing it as it looks used. I immediately applied to return it but it looks like I'm going to have to pay postage which will cost 20 quid - Will I get refunded and why is it my responsibility to pay return postage when the product didn't match the description? Any help greatly appreciated.

Was it sold/fulfilled by Amazon or was it a 3rd party seller?

VG31 wrote: »
    Was it sold/fulfilled by Amazon or was it a 3rd party seller?

Hi - it was a third party seller but fulfilled by Amazon. checked reviews and there was a recent review saying that all that turned up was an empty envelope but but was solved by Amazon. I contacted Amazon - explained the situation and they said that once the return is processed I will get my return postage payment back. Thanks for your help.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

No. It ships to Ireland no problem for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Deedsie wrote: »
    Can parcel motel be used anymore for items that wont ship to Ireland?

BLACK+DECKER STC1820PC-GB Cordless 28 cm String Grass Trimmer 2.0Ah Lithium Ion Battery, Orange https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01DXV8YNW/ref=cm_sw_r_em_apa_glt_fabc_749Y0AG524FE2EH20G26?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Wanted to order that grass trimmer

Will deliver to Ireland in 1-4 weeks for me also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭cap.in.hand.

Error messages pops when i go to checkout. Up to that it says it will deliver

I see that now alrite.... that's disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

I'm having absolutely terrible issues getting a refund from Amazon on an Apple Watch I returned that was faulty. I used their prepaid label and it was delivered to them two weeks ago and since then I got no update. I was told to wait exactly 14 days so that the customer service could manually request the refund, when 14 days came they are now saying I have to wait 25 days without any explanation. In addition to that, all trace of my return mysteriously vanished from my account and it's as if I had never initiated a return at all, with the option given to return it by the 30th June. I've tried everything to get my money back from them and I don't know what to do at toys point. You can't get through to anyone apart from Filipino CS reps who seem to have very little powers or access to information about what's going on. It's actually causing me sleepless nights at this point as I'm 460 euros out of pocket and I'm being given a run around with them.

loughrey wrote: »
    I'm having absolutely terrible issues getting a refund from Amazon on an Apple Watch I returned that was faulty. I used their prepaid label and it was delivered to them two weeks ago and since then I got no update. I was told to wait exactly 14 days so that the customer service could manually request the refund, when 14 days came they are now saying I have to wait 25 days without any explanation. In addition to that, all trace of my return mysteriously vanished from my account and it's as if I had never initiated a return at all, with the option given to return it by the 30th June. I've tried everything to get my money back from them and I don't know what to do at toys point. You can't get through to anyone apart from Filipino CS reps who seem to have very little powers or access to information about what's going on. It's actually causing me sleepless nights at this point as I'm 460 euros out of pocket and I'm being given a run around with them.

Did you keep your return e-mail docs? Sent mine yesterday and the option to return it appeared on my account shortly after so I guess that’s normal - try the live chat as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Kamu

loughrey wrote: »
    I'm having absolutely terrible issues getting a refund from Amazon on an Apple Watch I returned that was faulty.

It took 6 weeks from the day I returned a monitor to the time I got a the refund.
    I had to get onto the chat and.they were able to tell me that they received the item in their fulfilment centre, 5 weeks previous! But it was never scanned into their system. Argo the few weeks wait.
    I did not keep the return receipt, which I should have since I would have been able to track the return to their centre.

All you can do is get back into the chat and pester them; follow up the return with the post office; or wait another two weeks.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Is that a no parcel motel no longer works?

I get a "sorry this item cannot be sent to your selected address" error message.

If I select the old McKinney road parcel motel address in the North it will allow me to order.

Its gone since December in N Ireland. Post Brexit announcements

Thats a shame. Is there any other way around it?

Not with Lithium batteries. Unless one of the other Amazon sites in Europe have it, try Hagglezon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Anyone got any info on the returns now.

Orders directly from Amazon has teh two return options of AnPost free delivery or Pay & Send. But Fullfilled by Amazon is Pay & Send and claim for refund for all types of reasons. I asked on chat but didnt get a reason why. Have also tweeted Amazon Help to ask.

I see a thread on Reddit about it aswell.
    https://www.reddit.com/r/ireland/comments/nvpv43/anyone_else_notice_amazons_return_policy_change/

Danick wrote: »
    Did you keep your return e-mail docs? Sent mine yesterday and the option to return it appeared on my account shortly after so I guess that’s normal - try the live chat as well.

Well my return status was appearing for the last 14 days and then suddenly today all trace of my return completely vanished from my account. It happened straight after I contacted them to get them to manually refund me, which led to a new email pushing the manual refund back from 14 days to 25 days. The chat agents have said they never seen Amazon change the refund date before like that and are baffled by why I can no longer s any record of the return on my account anymore. So they seem to be as clueless as me. I'm honestly not very optimistic you'd return is going to go well for me and I'm trying to look into apply to AIB for a charge back

Kamu wrote: »
    It took 6 weeks from the day I returned a monitor to the time I got a the refund.
    I had to get onto the chat and.they were able to tell me that they received the item in their fulfilment centre, 5 weeks previous! But it was never scanned into their system. Argo the few weeks wait.
    I did not keep the return receipt, which I should have since I would have been able to track the return to their centre.

All you can do is get back into the chat and pester them; follow up the return with the post office; or wait another two weeks.

That sounds like my issue at I have the receipt and tracking info and it says it was delivered to them two weeks ago. The funny thing is that the Chat Assistant app bot would say that the item had been received and to allow up to 7 business days for tut refund to be credited but the customer service safe couldn't see this same information, so there's a lot of conflicting information where some staff agree saying it had been received and processed while others are saying it hasn't. Nobody seems to know anything and there's no way to talk to anyone higher up. My concern is that they may have lost the item at their return centre and are trying to buy time for themselves.

Because this is a high value item the CS agents can't manually issue me a refund and they are powerless to help me. It'll definitely be my last time buying high value items from Amazon because when something goes wrong they are the worst to deal with. I'm trying to look into an AIB chargeback as I have my tracking receipt confirming it was delivered to Amazon two weeks ago Ang they seem to be unwilling to help me. I also have emails of them changing the refund date from 14 to 25 days with no clarification on what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭amber2

I’ve a sold by Amazon Warehouse item stuck in Dublin Parcel Hub since the 2nd of June, duty and importation fees paid. Rang An Post who said they won’t release unless Amazon provide more information on fees paid, rang Amazon who are at a loss as to what to provide as they pay the appropriate fees and duty to an post when Shipping. The item isn’t on any forbidden items list so unsure as what to do next. Anyone had similar issue and did it resolve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,153 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

amber2 wrote: »
    I’ve a sold by Amazon Warehouse item stuck in Dublin Parcel Hub since the 2nd of June, duty and importation fees paid. Rang An Post who said they won’t release unless Amazon provide more information on fees paid, rang Amazon who are at a loss as to what to provide as they pay the appropriate fees and duty to an post when Shipping. The item isn’t on any forbidden items list so unsure as what to do next. Anyone had similar issue and did it resolve.

Wait it out and get a refund.

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭sgarvan

Mod - <SNIP> Don't cross post please.

My issue actually turned out worse. I was saying that all record of my return completely vanished from my account. I few days after that all record of my return actually vanished from Amazon's own system too where it was reading that the return label had been cancelled and had never been used. The only way I could secure my refund is if I had proof of posting with a physical receipt, the electronic tracking was not good enough. Fortunately I kept my receipt and they were able to see that the receipt contradicted what it was saying on the system about the shipping label being cancelled and the managers finally manually issued me a refund once they finally saw that there really was something dodgy going on with my return and it wasn't just a normal processing delay.

It's definitely a lesson to never return anything to Amazon without making sure the post office gives you a receipt and to keep the receipt until you actually get the refund issued, don't just trust that your return is safe with Amazon once the tracking says it was delivered to Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭JimmyCorkhill

Trying to buy something from Amazon UK & it said they wont deliver to Ireland.

Last I remember Parcel Motel no longer had the UK virtual address, is there any alternatives to get item delivered?

Checked amazon.de and product with delivery was much more expensive.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Last I remember Parcel Motel no longer had the UK virtual address, is there any alternatives to get item delivered?

Thanks

i think Adresspal with An post is the only option now, €6.50 to your door, but there maybe a €10 handling charge for customs/ vat, then vat over €22 ,think its vat on very thing from July, thinking of ordering something for £24 if someone can confirm the above as correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Thanks
    Have you tried other amazons and is it the same seller?
    For example a philips razor could be €16.99 on UK and €4 shipping. It could be the same price but €8 shipping from Germany with same seller, or €25 + €15 from a different seller. It's not a very easy question for anyone to provide a helpful answer with any alternatives without knowing the product listing.
    You can use MyGermany or Mailboxde from Germany, but the shipping is often the same price as amazon's.
    You could try looking for it outside of amazon.
    But as mentioned, if they won't ship to Ireland from the UK, then only real option currently is AddressPal.
    SCOOP 64 wrote: »
    i think Adresspal with An post is the only option now, €6.50 to your door, but there maybe a €10 handling charge for customs/ vat, then vat over €22 ,think its vat on very thing from July, thinking of ordering something for £24 if someone can confirm the above as correct.

Handling is apparently €3.
    If the item is €50 the weight of the item can determine the shipping, but most items are €6.50.
    So (€50 + €6.50) + VAT (€13) = €69.50 + Handling (€3) = TOTAL €72.50 delivered.

€24 + €6.50 + €7.02 = €37.52 + €3 = €40.52 Delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Suckit wrote: »

€24 + €6.50 + €7.02 = €37.52 + €3 = €40.52 Delivered.

Would need to be a bargain price to buy anything from the Uk now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Showing One Day delivery now on lots of Prime items.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Showing One Day delivery now on lots of Prime items.

Maybe at 1:46am :)

Don't see anything that will deliver faster than 2 days (central Dublin).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭davetherave

Yeah I saw that last night/this morning, whatever the correct term of 0130hrs. They were calling it Prime One-Day delivery and had the whole arrives tomorrow if you order in the next 37 minutes, and I was very impressed thinking jaysus that's good that it will be here tomorrow. Less impressed when I remembered that tomorrow was 23 hours away :D :pac: Technically it is One-Day delivery and it was dispatched about 90 minutes later and is due in tomorrow so technically they are telling the truth.

Advertisement