Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sega Blast City Cabinet bundle

Options
  • 07-06-2021 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

ITEM: Great condition Blast City, 2P, 1P and Majhong panels, PC, Stepdown Transformer, Stools
    POST\COLLECTION: Collection Only - Glenageary
    PRICE: 1550 EUR ONO
    PAYMENT METHODS: Paypal\Cash\Bank Transfer

Pics at https://photos.app.goo.gl/FtRSad5QvSwLSS1X9

1x Sega Blast City
    I've owned this since 2010 when I imported it to the UK from HK via Ronnie/RKLOK. It's been dismantled and cleaned inside and out. Original, no respray.
    Condition is honestly great.
    Hoping to with the PCBs, or possibly the PCBs first if someone is interested. Will give a discount if you take the lot! Located in Glenageary near Dun Laoghaire, South Dublin. Collection only. Preferably in person, but if you're using a courier then then need to know how to shift these things. It weights over 100KG, and I'll need to dismantle it to get it out of the house.

This is a tri-sync, so can do 15kHz (most JAMMA ~224/240 lines), 24kHZ (stuff like System24), and 31kHz (handy for Windows at 640x480, or higher interlaced).
    Included PC is wired through ArcadeVGA->J-PAC->JAMMA, with proper wiring for extra buttons, and stero audio. J-PAC has small modification to allow this, to bridge H/V sync, as this wasn't supported on the model at the time without restricting to 15KHz (Andy said he might add it in future).

Cabinet:
    * Decals are all original. There's a small scrape out of the right side decals. Otherwise intact.
    * Flourescent tube/ballast is working fine.
    * Coin mech is a 1HKD, adjusted to take 100 Yen reliably
    * Coin bucket
    * Original dimple security key and 4 working locks (2 on CP, PCB and coin)
    * 001 JAMMA loom, Stereo inputs
    * Original glass for control panel, bezel, kick guard (could use a shine), wheels etc.
    * Repro manual
    * Faults - the service mode button has never worked. Never tried to diagnose as it never bothered me. There's a small hairline crack under the control panel. You shouldn't lift the machines by the control panel anyway.

Screen:
    * Original 29" MS-2933 15/24/31kHz auto-switching display (this is much rare than the MS-2930/2931).
    * Zero burn bright and beautifully crisp at 15kHz
    * Fairly easy to rotate (remove bezel, 4 nuts - just eat your spinach and lay it down if doing solo)
    * The downside - the gun alignment has gradually drifted the past 10 years as is common. This means the colours are visible at the corners on a test pattern. I have some magnetic strips to adjust but never got around to it. See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-Hng3U41tg. It's not that noticable most of the time

Control Panels:
    * Original 2P12B is in good shape, fitted with a couple of Sanwa Mesh Balls and Purple/Green pushins
    * NOS unused 1B6B 'licensed' panel
    * NOS lightly used Sega Mahjong panel + homemade loom for use with PC/MAME (with remapped keyboard)

PC:
    Consider this a freebie.
    A Core2Duo micro PC mounted to the PCB mounting board.
    ArcadeVGA, JPAC. Additional AMD Radeon 4850 card.
    Running Windows XP at 640x480, a frontend and a various versions of Groovymame.
    It's not really up to the job now and can stutter a bit.

Extras:
    * Stepdown transformer (240V->110V)
    * 20x 100 Yen coins
    * Original (not repro) Sega ashtray
    * Original (not repro) Taito ashtray
    * A few Sega 5380 locks and keys (Astro-City/NAC)
    * A couple of Seimitsu sticks and looms that have seen better days
    * Random button blanks, buttons, ball top and JST pins
    * 2 custom 'Spectre' marquees - Super Street fighter IV: AE, Ikaruga
    * A couple of cutdown IKEA bar stools
    Post edited by Optimus Prime on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭PaulPriest

Offers welcome (especially including PCBs)!

PaulPriest wrote: »
    Offers welcome (especially including PCBs)!

Cab bundle now 1400. Could do with the space. don't make me have to part it out or sell it internationally!

* Original (not repro) Taito ashtray

Sorry, had it in my head I had one Sega, one Taito. It was one (blue) Sega, and one Club Sega. See pics.
    The blue Sega is gone now.

The Mahjong panel + adapter is gone too.

Call it 1350 for the lot. I'd take 150 for the 1P NOS panel individually too.
    Will list it on AO eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭bugs

Sent you a PM if you have a chance to take a look.

bugs wrote: »

Hi,
    Currently looking for 1350 for the 'bundle' - i.e. the cabinet, stepdown, extra panel (note the Mahjong panel is gone), stools and PC if you want them (consider them free) and a handful of other cabinet related bits. No PCBs included in that.
    Given the beaten up one with missing parts that were shifting for 950 GBP (1100 EUR) on AO I think that's a pretty good price.
    I have the 1P panel listed on AO also, so if that goes first I'll drop it from this bundle.

I'll delist and move to ArcadeOtaku if no serious interest in a couple of weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,381 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Please read the forum charter, no PMs are allowed until a price has been agreed on the thread. If this rule is broken again, you will be banned

Please read the forum charter, no PMs are allowed until a price has been agreed on the thread. If this rule is broken again, you will be banned

Apologies, didn't read. Won't repeat.

Hi,
    Currently looking for 1350 for the 'bundle' - i.e. the cabinet, stepdown, extra panel (note the Mahjong panel is gone), stools and PC if you want them (consider them free) and a handful of other cabinet related bits. No PCBs included in that.
    Given the beaten up one with missing parts that were shifting for 950 GBP (1100 EUR) on AO I think that's a pretty good price.
    I have the 1P panel listed on AO also, so if that goes first I'll drop it from this bundle.

I'll delist and move to ArcadeOtaku if no serious interest in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for that. I am interested, pending space and timing. Your price looks fair, but perhaps a bit high for me, would you be willing to come down toward 1250?

Thanks for that. I am interested, pending space and timing. Your price looks fair, but perhaps a bit high for me, would you be willing to come down toward 1250?

I loath to drop any more than that. I have to dismantle/reassemble it anyway - perhaps you'd like to come see it in person before I do that?

I loath to drop any more than that. I have to dismantle/reassemble it anyway - perhaps you'd like to come see it in person before I do that?

I'm on the other side of the country, with a hectic workload and kids; a casual trip over to see it working isn't in my future I think :pac:

If the money was right, I would probably travel to pick it up. The assumption being that it is as you describe (i have no doubt it would be) so there should be no issue.

• Advertisement

I'm on the other side of the country, with a hectic workload and kids; a casual trip over to see it working isn't in my future I think :pac:

If the money was right, I would probably travel to pick it up. The assumption being that it is as you describe (i have no doubt it would be) so there should be no issue.

When would be good for you to collect? In the coming couple of weeks? Weekend or weekday?
    Have you done this before? :) It's a bit of a beast. Do you need measurements?
    See https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City

When would be good for you to collect? In the coming couple of weeks? Weekend or weekday?
    Have you done this before? :) It's a bit of a beast. Do you need measurements?
    See https://wiki.arcadeotaku.com/w/Sega_Blast_City

I know the dimensions alright. Right now I have no space for it, but I'm hoping to leave it elsewhere until such time as I do.

I should be able to rent a van and transport it myself, but I may use a friend who has a moving company also. In that way, it could be moved entirely assembled.

As to when, week or two but I would send a deposit to hold pending agreement on time and price.

As to when, week or two but I would send a deposit to hold pending agreement on time and price.

1300 for the bundle?

1300 for the bundle?

OK, I think I can do that.

OK, I think I can do that.

Cool. Send me a PM when you figure out what/when you want to do this. Let me know if you want it already disassembled or not. I'll have to dissassemble it to move it to the front of the house anyway.

That is - front, back, control panel, and the crt in its frame

This is reserved

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement