Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone with anaphylaxis to medication get Covid vaccine?

Options
  • 13-06-2021 8:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭

I’m just wondering what vaccine you were given and if the wait time for observation after the vaccine is longer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,843 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

screamer wrote:
    I’m just wondering what vaccine you were given and if the wait time for observation after the vaccine is longer.

I know someone that is in this situation, there was more vigilance during vaccination, can't remember what vaccine they got though

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭KGLady

Mise. Pfizer. 30 minutes of observation afterwards.

The vaccinator had to go through an extended list of checks to verify there was no crossover with vacccine ingredients and my known drug allergies. I had also had a mild reaction to a childhood vaccine but that was not anaphylactic so it wasn’t a concern. They asked if I had discussed with my GP in advance. One she was happy I was suitable candidate she went ahead without issue and referred me to the Dr supervising the waiting area afterwards.

The Dr asked lots of questions; took notes of my name and allergies and sat me at the very front, seats reserved for more intense observation and she checked in with me several times: asking for any signs of eyes watering itchiness short of breath and wanted to be certain that I wasn’t light headed or the like esp before leaving. There was another person came soon after me and was seated beside me and the same process for her. So they’re well used to it and it was no hassle and felt they were being very careful that we were fully well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭screamer

Thanks to you both for the information, puts me at ease a bit more. I’m bringing my epi pen with me just in case anyways. Thanks again

Advertisement