Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerry GAA discussion thread #2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,801 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Both the Clare game and (hopefully) the Tipp match will be on Sky - I believe this is the first occasion that any of our Championship fixtures have been on that platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭SecretsOfEarth

Both the Clare game and (hopefully) the Tipp match will be on Sky - I believe this is the first occasion that any of our Championship fixtures have been on that platform.

Was the Meath Super 8 match in 2019 on Sky exclusively too? I could be misremembering.

Was the Meath Super 8 match in 2019 on Sky exclusively too? I could be misremembering.

Quite probably, definitely wasn't FTA anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Thankfully I've got the use of my mates sky go app since last year cos ive never had sky and couldnt justify the cost but its completely worn off now and I cannot wait to get back to matches.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Bad news. I had expected the Clare game to be on GaaGo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Tadhg Morley ban upheld. A shocking onfield decision compounded by an awful off field one.

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Tadhg Morley ban upheld. A shocking onfield decision compounded by an awful off field one.

Tbf, when I watched it in real time I thought it looked nasty and he was in trouble. It was only after a couple of replays I could see it wasnt as bad. But the ref doesnt have replays so I'd cut him some slack for the onfield decision. But the fact it's been upheld is mind boggling stuff when they have access to any number of replays and angles to have a look at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭Bass Reeves

dobman88 wrote: »
    Tbf, when I watched it in real time I thought it looked nasty and he was in trouble. It was only after a couple of replays I could see it wasnt as bad. But the ref doesnt have replays so I'd cut him some slack for the onfield decision. But the fact it's been upheld is mind boggling stuff when they have access to any number of replays and angles to have a look at it.

At league matches especially ones not on TV live there is never the amount of cameras as in championship. I predicted this at the start of the thread.
    GAA and many sports do not accept careless play as a reason to overturn a card. Players are supposed to allow for conditions when going in for a tackle.

Slava Ukrainii

At league matches especially ones not on TV live there is never the amount of cameras as in championship. I predicted this at the start of the thread.
    GAA and many sports do not accept careless play as a reason to overturn a card. Players are supposed to allow for conditions when going in for a tackle.

But it's clear to see on replay he tries to pull out and stop himself. So he didnt even go in for a tackle and conditions were pretty good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭flasher0030

But it's clear to see on replay he tries to pull out and stop himself. So he didnt even go in for a tackle and conditions were pretty good.

To be honest, I though this was an open-and-shut case. The rule is something like behaving in a way that can endanger another player. Tadgh Morley didn't seem to mean any malice. Actually seemed to try to pull out. But it was too late. Caught the Rossie guy in the head (I think). And that's endangering an opponent.

He was never getting off in an appeal.

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/tadhg-morley-red-card-kerry-roscommon-471223

• Advertisement

To be honest, I though this was an open-and-shut case. The rule is something like behaving in a way that can endanger another player. Tadgh Morley didn't seem to mean any malice. Actually seemed to try to pull out. But it was too late. Caught the Rossie guy in the head (I think). And that's endangering an opponent.

He was never getting off in an appeal.

https://www.balls.ie/gaa/tadhg-morley-red-card-kerry-roscommon-471223

In the 1975 All Ireland Mickey Ned O'Sullivan was in a situation just like that however neither Dublin player pulled back. He ended up unconscious and concussed. He was captain of the Kerry team and Pat Spillane lifted the cup as he was from the same district team.

It was to take challenges like that out of the game that endanger an opponent. For the tackle on Declan O Sullivan in 2011 and the one on Peter Crowley in 2017 Dublin players should have walked.

Slava Ukrainii

Moran must be injured, doesn't even make the match-day panel:

https://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1403428421133287426

• Registered Users Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭yayamark

Is there a 100 or 200 allowed attend?
    Any fans attending tomorrow?
    Tickets for sale?

yayamark wrote: »
    Is there a 100 or 200 allowed attend?
    Any fans attending tomorrow?
    Tickets for sale?

200, but as they said in this week's Kerryman, the families of the panel will be prioritised, and even the Supporters Club aren't expecting any to be left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Forge83

Moran must be injured, doesn't even make the match-day panel:

https://twitter.com/Kerry_Official/status/1403428421133287426

Annoying they don’t give a brief mention of missing players whether it be injury or general absence. Murphy, Brosnan and Ryan also missing. Supporters would obviously like to know why.

Mike Breen getting another shot at half back which is a good call. A strong physical defender. Pa Kilkenny on the bench so he will hopefully get a run.

Would imagine Paul Geaney will start at full forward.
    Jack Barry must not be match fit to say he’s not starting. Will surely be sprung from the bench.

Big worry is Foley vs McKenna....
    I would expect McKenna to bully him and seal his fate as not up to the level required. Would love to be proved wrong.

Forge83 wrote: »
    Annoying they don’t give a brief mention of missing players whether it be injury or general absence. Murphy, Brosnan and Ryan also missing. Supporters would obviously like to know why.

Mike Breen getting another shot at half back which is a good call. A strong physical defender. Pa Kilkenny on the bench so he will hopefully get a run.

Would imagine Paul Geaney will start at full forward.
    Jack Barry must not be match fit to say he’s not starting. Will surely be sprung from the bench.

I would expect McKenna to bully him and seal his fate as not up to the level required. Would love to be proved wrong.

Morley is missing as well. Some managers ( Keane usually not) have a habbit of springing changes to Match day 15 and 26.

Slava Ukrainii

Morley is missing as well. Some managers ( Keane usually not) have a habbit of springing changes to Match day 15 and 26.

Morley’s suspension has been reported previously.
    I don’t expect any surprises as it’s not such an important game that it would require that kind of thinking/tactics.

Morley’s suspension has been reported previously.
    I don’t expect any surprises as it’s not such an important game that it would require that kind of thinking/tactics.

I forgot about that but Murphy and Moran are surprises not to be on the match day panel one or both could be on the Match day panel or starting team. While not a very important match if we lose it momentum could be lost. Win it and we are joint winners of Div 1 as the final cannot be played

Slava Ukrainii

A brilliant half of football so far.

Gavin White, I think, meant that chip shot. It was kicked too softly for it to be a pop at the posts and initially I thought he was passing to a free man inside. Unbelievable quality.

Think the defence has done relatively well and keeper been decent on kick outs.

More of the same 2nd half would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

5 06 to 0 06

Quite a hammering.

Get through third quarter and empty the bench

• Advertisement

A brilliant half of football so far.

Gavin White, I think, meant that chip shot. It was kicked too softly for it to be a pop at the posts and initially I thought he was passing to a free man inside. Unbelievable quality.

Think the defence has done relatively well and keeper been decent on kick outs.

More of the same 2nd half would be nice.

He definitely meant it.
    Defence has been excellent especially Foley and Breen. Breen actually defends unlike Paul Murphy who is a link player, not an actual defender.
    Spillane doing a great job protecting the back line.
    O Connor orchestrating everything faster than Moran ever would and for me that is the key to why we are playing so well! Anybody who is putting Moran ahead of O Connor is living in the past.
    Fitzgibbon nailed on now for goalkeeper. Great showing so far by him.

I am not sure how Tyrone travelled down and whether it was last night or this morning. That would have an effect on the Tyrone team.

Home advantage is a huge benefit bro Kerry. However Kerry are moving well. Tyrone may have started heavy training as the Ulster championship is a different kettle if fish to the Munster championship. Great to see Grant get a brace will do his confidence no end. White goal was class if a forward did it it would be considered top class bit a half back. Great vision.

Slava Ukrainii

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭TITANIUM.

They were threatening to cut loose with awhile, finally did it in some style in that half.

He definitely meant it.
    Defence has been excellent especially Foley and Breen. Breen actually defends unlike Paul Murphy who is a link player, not an actual defender.
    Spillane doing a great job protecting the back line.
    O Connor orchestrating everything faster than Moran ever would and for me that is the key to why we are playing so well! Anybody who is putting Moran ahead of O Connor is living in the past.
    Fitzgibbon nailed on now for goalkeeper. Great showing so far by him.

Yeah I agree, he 100% meant it.

Also agree it puts the Moran argument to bed. We have already seen the benefits of 2 quick, mobile midfielders who can get up and down the pitch in 1 half of football. Moran doesn't have it any more. Could still do a job to close a.game out with his experience perhaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭CaoimhinCong

Excellent from Kerry today. Tyrone in free fall. For such a big panel to choose from in the county, they are brutal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭munster87

Haven’t managed to watch every minute today but looks like Jason Foley is having a great game.

I forgot about that but Murphy and Moran are surprises not to be on the match day panel one or both could be on the Match day panel or starting team. While not a very important match if we lose it momentum could be lost. Win it and we are joint winners of Div 1 as the final cannot be played

Murphy’s brother was getting married this weekend

munster87 wrote: »
    Haven’t managed to watch every minute today but looks like Jason Foley is having a great game.

Even managing a point now too

munster87 wrote: »
    Even managing a point now too

I think he is after getting MOM

Slava Ukrainii

• Advertisement

While he didnt just mark McKenna it's safe to say he proved you wrong. A top class performance from him. MOTM contender.

Advertisement