Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

First human traffickers convicted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

About time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,256 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

ah feck em

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,669 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What sort of dummies are working in immigration at the airport that can't spot a fake passport.

Seems like any kind of BS story will get non EU nationals residency here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭archfi

Somewhat unsurprisingly, they're Nigerian - although the Greens would probably describe them as the "new Irish"?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40311872.html

Well done the gardaí.

Unless there's a rash of only Nigerian traffickers, that really doesn't factor with me.
    The focus should be on the success in prosecuting them and saving those poor women.
    We have multiple gangs in this country from all over the world as well as our own scum.
    Trafficking by Nigerian gangs is huge across Europe as are trafficking gangs from other countries and the only people who should be the focus are the victims.
    It's utterly horrific.

Good job AGS.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Strip them of any rights to stay here and send them back to Nigeria

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,167 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Somewhat unsurprisingly, they're Nigerian - although the Greens would probably describe them as the "new Irish"?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40311872.html

Well done the gardaí.
    do the nigerians control the fishing industry too?
    https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/nov/02/revealed-trafficked-migrant-workers-abused-in-irish-fishing-industry

or do we not arrest 'true' irish people who are trafficking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Two found guilty of human trafficking offences

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0611/1227624-human-trafficking-case/

Absolutely disgusting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Gatling wrote: »
    Strip them of any rights to stay here and send them back to Nigeria

Quite right , we have enough of our own criminals to deal with without importing more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭votecounts

Regardless of Nationality, Colour or Creed, they're Scum and should rot in hell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,049 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Two found guilty of human trafficking offences

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0611/1227624-human-trafficking-case/

Absolutely disgusting

Are we dehumanizing brown people again today. I know they're criminals, and great they were convicted for such a horrible thing, but animals? Cast an awful light about what you are really looking to stir up with this thread OP.

These indentured servitude schemes are not new - in Colonial era America it used to be an acceptable legal practice. Should never be allowed to happen again of course, but I hope you're not trying to act as though this type of plot is a Nigerian creation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,222 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Animals wouldn’t do that,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,561 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Overheal wrote: »
    Are we dehumanizing brown people again today. I know they're criminals, and great they were convicted for such a horrible thing, but animals? Cast an awful light about what you are really looking to stir up with this thread OP.

We, Homo Sapiens, the last time I looked, fit the definition of animal and the OP has made no mention of colour so perhaps back up\off

An animal is a living creature such as a dog, lion, or rabbit, rather than a bird, fish, insect, or human being. ... a habitat for plants and animals. 3. countable noun. Any living creature, including a human being, can be referred to as an animal.

What would be interesting is crime rates by original nationality/ethnic minority groupings, ignoring the barrier created by Alan Shatter's mega citizenship drive?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,847 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sums it up ...

Votecounts

Regardless of Nationality, Colour or Creed, they're Scum and should rot in hell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

Some over the top comments generalising about Nigerians in here.

Nice to see a conviction for trafficking. The entire prostitution industry needs to be looked at. There is a website where prostitutes/traffickers advertise and its as easy as making a call and organising a meet. Given how easy it is to catch people, it's strange that you never really hear of any stings. These girls were probably advertised on such websites. A guard could have posed undercover, made an arrest and the beans may have been spilled there and then. I know the guards are underfunded but it's a slam dunk catching these people and disrupting the business. Literally within an hour they could have someone in cuffs and ready to talk. Although to be honest I'm not entirely sure of the nitty gritty of what's legal and what's not legal in terms of prostitution. This is definitely a good step and sets a precedent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Evil evil human beings walk among us ....

How is this allowed in 2021..…
    Shocking stuff

What does hazel Chu have to say about it or BLM or antifa actually????

The left will completely ignore this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,063 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Off topic nonsense, keep it up and you won't be posting in this thread again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

These indentured servitude schemes are not new - in Colonial era America it used to be an acceptable legal practice. Should never be allowed to happen again of course, but I hope you're not trying to act as though this type of plot is a Nigerian creation.

It's not an Irish thing and we don't want it.

• Advertisement

Off topic nonsense, keep it up and you won't be posting in this thread again

Excuse me?
    I asked an honest question.

Hazel is constantly on about how racist the Irish are, BLM is at it to as is antifa.

This was an honest question and not attacking any posters on here or a personal attack on anyone.

Punisher5112 do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

the worse animals are the customers who made it a profitable enterprise.

I don't agree. The customers may not be aware that the women are unwilling participants. There was a thread in the ask me anything I read recently where a woman stayed that she made a good living as a sex worker and she seems empowered in the current situation which is without regulation how is a customer supposed to differentiate between an unwilling participant and a willing one ?

What sort of dummies are working in immigration at the airport that can't spot a fake passport.

Yeah, no other agency here or abroad ever falls for a faked passport

The left will completely ignore what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Vestiapx wrote: »
    I don't agree. The customers may not be aware that the women are unwilling participants. There was a thread in the ask me anything I read recently where a woman stayed that she made a good living as a sex worker and she seems empowered in the current situation which is without regulation how is a customer supposed to differentiate between an unwilling participant and a willing one ?

I would imagine demeanor, if one was forced i can't imagine she was full of the joys of spring.

I would imagine demeanor, if one was forced i can't imagine she was full of the joys of spring.

You would imagine ..
    And then you would decide that the customers were worse than human traffickers for not seeing this difference that you imagine.

Customers are probably drunk and lonely they might feel regret afterwards but I doubt that makes them worse than the human traffickers.

The left will completely ignore what?

The Italy Vs Turkey game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

I think the 'Left' have a lot to say about Trafficking.

The Italy Vs Turkey game.

Didn't take you long to back down.

Good man.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,416 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

When will they move on the nail bars and car washes staffed by exploited non EU citizens? If you don't search for exploitation your figures for exploitation will always be low, our raids on businesses are tiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Have to laugh at the 'well done the Gardai' posts.

Frankly, about time. The tip of a large and grimy iceberg.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

I suppose the argument for legalising prostitution is a good one in many ways. Its safer for the women involved and cuts out the criminal element to a large extent if its all regulated. It probably falls under a similar banner to legalising drugs. Criminals will still try to get into the game whether it's by undercutting the market or stealing from pharmacies etc and similarly traffickers will still try to get in the game if prostitution is legalised but as a punter you'd probably pay the extra 50 quid or whatever it if meant peace of mind and more quality. A user of weed might be willing to pay more per gram if its coming from a certified place and the quality and amount are guaranteed.The downsides are there but ultimately I think legalising these things is probably the right thing to do in todays society.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

I don't agree. The customers may not be aware that the women are unwilling participants.

Those poor unfortunate customers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,495 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

We are very welcoming here, more strict checks at airports needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,049 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

We, Homo Sapiens, the last time I looked, fit the definition of animal and the OP has made no mention of colour so perhaps back up\off

An animal is a living creature such as a dog, lion, or rabbit, rather than a bird, fish, insect, or human being. ... a habitat for plants and animals. 3. countable noun. Any living creature, including a human being, can be referred to as an animal.

What would be interesting is crime rates by original nationality/ethnic minority groupings, ignoring the barrier created by Alan Shatter's mega citizenship drive?

I think that's a disingenuous dissembling of a dissertation there.

Somebody posted a link about human traffickers and your first reaction is to play the race card as usual to stop any discussion. And yes human traffickers are animals, just because you think that has some sort of racial connotations says more about the way your mind works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

No the dehumanising was done by the traffickers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Nigeria, Libya, Italy and into Dublin on a forged Irish passport. Not an umcommon itinerary i'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,692 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Good news, hopefully leads to more convictions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭enricoh

There's an excellent film called doing money, that's a true story about a romanian girl snatched off the street in London n forced into prostitution in Ireland.

Only happened a few years ago and no doubt happening today.
    Iirc one of the pimps got done for it in Sweden and got a year or two. The punishment certainly doesn't reflect the crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Drumorig

Oooh a conviction. Why no mention of a sentence?

• Site Banned Posts: 4 Langosta

Filthy scum, hope they rot in prison.

How does the passport system work? Are passports not tied into a central system and recognized by a unique identifiable official number. Surely there is facial recognition software that can be used in conjunction with this to match the user with the database. Doesn't seem like it would be that tricky to prevent the use of false passports?

Didn't take you long to back down.

Good man.

I don't see the point in engaging with the disingenuous. I'll allow you one more snide remark before I block you.

What.Now wrote: »
    I think the 'Left' have a lot to say about Trafficking.

Depends on who's doing the trafficking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

There's more than a few ngo's that are involved in people trafficking. Their salaries could easily be broken down "per person".

Just so happens to be legal for now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I disagree , prohibition on something like prostitution is exactly what drives it into the hands of criminals who will traffic and exploit to maximise profit.

Legalise it, strictly control it, monitor it, make health screening mandatory. Whilst that will not create a perfect industry it will improve it over the current status quo.

The government needs to stop thinking of ways of taxing ordinary people , they need to get inventive and take the billions that are currently flowing into the hands of drug dealers and prostitution rings and make it legal enterprise and tax it accordingly. Its going to happen anyway it might as well be pulled out of the shadows and regulated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,617 ✭✭✭archfi

Drumorig wrote: »
    Oooh a conviction. Why no mention of a sentence?

Sentencing is at a later date according to the news.
    One to keep an eye on.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement
Advertisement