Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

First human traffickers convicted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

About time!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

ah feck em

• Registered Users Posts: 16,188 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

What sort of dummies are working in immigration at the airport that can't spot a fake passport.

Seems like any kind of BS story will get non EU nationals residency here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭archfi

Somewhat unsurprisingly, they're Nigerian - although the Greens would probably describe them as the "new Irish"?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40311872.html

Well done the gardaí.

Unless there's a rash of only Nigerian traffickers, that really doesn't factor with me.
    The focus should be on the success in prosecuting them and saving those poor women.
    We have multiple gangs in this country from all over the world as well as our own scum.
    Trafficking by Nigerian gangs is huge across Europe as are trafficking gangs from other countries and the only people who should be the focus are the victims.
    It's utterly horrific.

Good job AGS.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Strip them of any rights to stay here and send them back to Nigeria

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,994 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Somewhat unsurprisingly, they're Nigerian - although the Greens would probably describe them as the "new Irish"?

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/courtandcrime/arid-40311872.html

Well done the gardaí.
    do the nigerians control the fishing industry too?
    https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2015/nov/02/revealed-trafficked-migrant-workers-abused-in-irish-fishing-industry

or do we not arrest 'true' irish people who are trafficking?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Two found guilty of human trafficking offences

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0611/1227624-human-trafficking-case/

Absolutely disgusting

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Gatling wrote: »
    Strip them of any rights to stay here and send them back to Nigeria

Quite right , we have enough of our own criminals to deal with without importing more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,617 ✭✭✭votecounts

Regardless of Nationality, Colour or Creed, they're Scum and should rot in hell.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,124 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Two found guilty of human trafficking offences

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2021/0611/1227624-human-trafficking-case/

Absolutely disgusting

Are we dehumanizing brown people again today. I know they're criminals, and great they were convicted for such a horrible thing, but animals? Cast an awful light about what you are really looking to stir up with this thread OP.

These indentured servitude schemes are not new - in Colonial era America it used to be an acceptable legal practice. Should never be allowed to happen again of course, but I hope you're not trying to act as though this type of plot is a Nigerian creation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,115 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Animals wouldn’t do that,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,141 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Overheal wrote: »
    Are we dehumanizing brown people again today. I know they're criminals, and great they were convicted for such a horrible thing, but animals? Cast an awful light about what you are really looking to stir up with this thread OP.

We, Homo Sapiens, the last time I looked, fit the definition of animal and the OP has made no mention of colour so perhaps back up\off

An animal is a living creature such as a dog, lion, or rabbit, rather than a bird, fish, insect, or human being. ... a habitat for plants and animals. 3. countable noun. Any living creature, including a human being, can be referred to as an animal.

What would be interesting is crime rates by original nationality/ethnic minority groupings, ignoring the barrier created by Alan Shatter's mega citizenship drive?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,216 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Sums it up ...

Votecounts

Regardless of Nationality, Colour or Creed, they're Scum and should rot in hell.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭MarkEadie

Some over the top comments generalising about Nigerians in here.

Nice to see a conviction for trafficking. The entire prostitution industry needs to be looked at. There is a website where prostitutes/traffickers advertise and its as easy as making a call and organising a meet. Given how easy it is to catch people, it's strange that you never really hear of any stings. These girls were probably advertised on such websites. A guard could have posed undercover, made an arrest and the beans may have been spilled there and then. I know the guards are underfunded but it's a slam dunk catching these people and disrupting the business. Literally within an hour they could have someone in cuffs and ready to talk. Although to be honest I'm not entirely sure of the nitty gritty of what's legal and what's not legal in terms of prostitution. This is definitely a good step and sets a precedent.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Evil evil human beings walk among us ....

How is this allowed in 2021..…
    Shocking stuff

What does hazel Chu have to say about it or BLM or antifa actually????

The left will completely ignore this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 21,934 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Off topic nonsense, keep it up and you won't be posting in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Vestiapx

Overheal wrote: »

These indentured servitude schemes are not new - in Colonial era America it used to be an acceptable legal practice. Should never be allowed to happen again of course, but I hope you're not trying to act as though this type of plot is a Nigerian creation.

It's not an Irish thing and we don't want it.

• Advertisement

Off topic nonsense, keep it up and you won't be posting in this thread again

Excuse me?
    I asked an honest question.

Hazel is constantly on about how racist the Irish are, BLM is at it to as is antifa.

This was an honest question and not attacking any posters on here or a personal attack on anyone.

Punisher5112 do not post in this thread again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

the worse animals are the customers who made it a profitable enterprise.

the worse animals are the customers who made it a profitable enterprise.

I don't agree. The customers may not be aware that the women are unwilling participants. There was a thread in the ask me anything I read recently where a woman stayed that she made a good living as a sex worker and she seems empowered in the current situation which is without regulation how is a customer supposed to differentiate between an unwilling participant and a willing one ?

What sort of dummies are working in immigration at the airport that can't spot a fake passport.

Seems like any kind of BS story will get non EU nationals residency here.

Yeah, no other agency here or abroad ever falls for a faked passport

• Registered Users Posts: 13,707 ✭✭✭✭Hello 2D Person Below

The left will completely ignore what?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Vestiapx wrote: »
    I don't agree. The customers may not be aware that the women are unwilling participants. There was a thread in the ask me anything I read recently where a woman stayed that she made a good living as a sex worker and she seems empowered in the current situation which is without regulation how is a customer supposed to differentiate between an unwilling participant and a willing one ?

I would imagine demeanor, if one was forced i can't imagine she was full of the joys of spring.

I would imagine demeanor, if one was forced i can't imagine she was full of the joys of spring.

You would imagine ..
    And then you would decide that the customers were worse than human traffickers for not seeing this difference that you imagine.

Customers are probably drunk and lonely they might feel regret afterwards but I doubt that makes them worse than the human traffickers.

The left will completely ignore what?

The Italy Vs Turkey game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

I think the 'Left' have a lot to say about Trafficking.

Advertisement