Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dr. Tony Holohan for the Áras

Options
  • 11-06-2021 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭

I see the betting on next president includes relatively favourable odds for Dr. T to be the next occupant of the Áras.

https://twitter.com/FergalBowers/status/1403307307455365123?s=19

Personally I think he would make a fabulous president. He's an incredibly popular figure amongst the public and really acted as a beacon of reassurance throughout the pandemic.

It was clear at the time but I think as we look back at this pandemic from a historical point of view the immense personal and professional sacrifices he made will be remembered well.

Anyone else think he's a good fit for Uachtarán na hEireann?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Vaccinated30

I see the odds on next president includes relatively favourable odds for Dr. T to be the next occupant of the Áras.

Personally I think he would make a fabulous president. He's an incredibly popular figure amongst the public and really acted as a beacon of reassurance throughout the pandemic.

It was clear at the time but I think as we look back at this pandemic from a historical point of view the immense personal and professional sacrifices he made will be remembered well.

Its Like Waterford Whispers in here

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭Allinall

I see the betting on next president includes relatively favourable odds for Dr. T to be the next occupant of the Áras.

The next seven years are crucial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

This will be good.

Satire is dead. Cervical check scandal, anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

I'd prefer Bono as President

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭timmyntc

He certainly likes to pontificate to the lowly masses - so Uachtaran na hEireann would be a good fit for him

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

JeffKenna wrote: »
    I'd prefer Bono as President

Same, but can't seem him taking it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,103 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

If he runs for president will we finally be allowed to discuss the cervical cancer scandal? Or all those who died from covid in nursing homes?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭tommybrees

I would strongly disagree

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

****ing ridiculous, lunacy, a disgrace......

How does fergal Bowers not know how to crop a picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

If he runs for president will we finally be allowed to discuss the cervical cancer scandal? Or all those who died from covid in nursing homes?

yep its an absolute joke that anyone thinks he has done a good job in this pandemic or more importantly when dealing with previous issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

OMG, when I saw this Thread I sensed hyperventilating from the relaxing the restrictions thread down the corridor :)

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Worse odds than Mary Davis having another go, which won't happen. Just there to get some easy cash in from people at a ridiculously early stage of the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,772 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

yep its an absolute joke that anyone thinks he has done a good job in this pandemic or more importantly when dealing with previous issues.

From the govt that said, 'we never had a bank bailout' it shows we totally ignore previous issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,395 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

He has no experience in politics, this would be akin to a celebrity presidency

Although i agree with everything you said about his popularity and being a beacon of reassurance throughout the pandemic I don't think the lines of politics should be crossed or blurred

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭Mrcaramelchoc

Satire is dead. Cervical check scandal, anyone?

Keep flogging the dead horse there,good man. When you've reached Tony's level of cool come back to us.

He d make a fine president.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I think he would be wasted in the Áras.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,191 ✭✭✭RandomViewer

Jedward are the next president , pointless people for a pointless position

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭Allinall

He has no experience in politics, this would be akin to a celebrity presidency

Although i agree with everything you said about his popularity and being a beacon of reassurance throughout the pandemic I don't think the lines of politics should be crossed or blurred

Bit like Mary McAleese, one of our better presidents.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Nothing to do with covid, wrong forum op

Thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement