Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Open 2021 [No Covid posts]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭blackwhite

Was it not supposed to be at 5pm they go on sale?

EDIT

See the presale email went into my spam folder :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭big_drive

blackwhite wrote: »
    Was it not supposed to be at 5pm they go on sale?

If you registered on European tour website they sent a link at 2pm for early purchase

Not sure if they'll have kept some available for 5pm too or not

• Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I opened the email straight away and all bar juniors and 18-21 tickets were sold out. There was 2 days where adult tickets looked like they were available but when I clicked the sold out sign came up!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

big_drive wrote: »
    Got one for Thursday, happy out as I'm off work that week. Something to look forward to

They were gone in 4 mins!!! All that was left was some 18-21 year old concession tickets.

Going the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,524 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Was the presale only for those that had 2020 tickets?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,742 ✭✭✭✭Wichita Lineman

I opened the email straight away and all bar juniors and 18-21 tickets were sold out. There was 2 days where adult tickets looked like they were available but when I clicked the sold out sign came up!

Strike that, went back in and reloaded a few times. People obviously had tickets held and then let them go. Eventually got 2 for Thursday as well. I really didnt mind which day I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Would there be any hassle giving my ticket to a friend, if the tickets have my name on them? Just wondering how strict it might be, if I don't end up going myself.

Just from hitting F5 repeatedly for 5 min I kept seeing tickets becoming available and then disappearing. Managed to eventually get 4 for Thursday

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Would there be any hassle giving my ticket to a friend, if the tickets have my name on them? Just wondering how strict it might be, if I don't end up going myself.

You can change the names up to 7 days beforehand - manage my order link in the confirmation email

You can change the names up to 7 days beforehand - manage my order link in the confirmation email

Brilliant, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Infoseeker1975

My sister was trying to buy a ticket for myself and my 12 year old. She got a bit confused and purchased 2 adult tickets instead using my name & that of a friend. Just wondering how I get my son in, if I change the name on the adult ticket to him though obviously he is not an adult or are U13 allowed in for free with an adult in which case is there a way to add him to my ticket.

I have asked my sister to send on whatever confirmation email she would have received this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Was the presale only for those that had 2020 tickets?

No for anyone that registered interest this year as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

Where do they go on general release? Had signed up for the pre release but email went in the spam folder…

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I got no email and was under the impression it was 5pm when they would go on sale?

5pm general release

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

5pm general release
    Which I assume is not happening now as all were sold out in presale :(

Keano wrote: »
    Which I assume is not happening now as all were sold out in presale :(

Usually they don't release everything in presale. But the tweet they put out 10 min ago implies that they've released and sold everything

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭JoeCole26

I logged in at 2pm and in the panic bought 2 concession tickets for the Sunday rather than Adult tickets. Typical. If anyone looking for them will sell them for face value.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭CSWS101

JoeCole26 wrote: »
    I logged in at 2pm and in the panic bought 2 concession tickets for the Sunday rather than Adult tickets. Typical. If anyone looking for them will sell them for face value.

PM sent

Does anyone know exactly how many spectators are actually officially allowed per day?

One advantage for those who got tickets is that it should make it a more pleasant experience with smaller crowds in terms of getting a close look at the bigger groups

• Advertisement

Speak Now wrote: »
    No for anyone that registered interest this year as well.

Feck it anyway :o

I normally seek out groups with hardly anyone following them so this year would've been ideal with the smaller crowd. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Got 2 for Thursday -happy happy days. It'll be my 30th Irish Open - going back to 1990. Missed 2003 as was away but been at all the others (bar 2020).

The late decision to reverse spectators allowed into Pro Am day was a pity as it would have allowed more people an opportunity. The pro am day is nice and relaxing too, probably a better day for kids as the players are more approachable in terms of autographs, photos ,etc

Seems a bit harsh not saving some tickets for 5pm, for those who didn't get to sign up for pre-sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭me89

Got 2 tickets for Friday easily enough, any idea when more of the field will be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,506 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Email came in at 13:56 and was able to grab a pair for both the Saturday and Sunday. Really looking forward to it now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 paulc87

Just realised in my haste that I bought an adult ticket for the Sunday instead of the Saturday and I won't be able to make it on the Sunday!

Would be delighted to if anyone would like to swap a Saturday ticket for a Sunday one!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

paulc87 wrote: »
    Just realised in my haste that I bought an adult ticket for the Sunday instead of the Saturday and I won't be able to make it on the Sunday!

Would be delighted to if anyone would like to swap a Saturday ticket for a Sunday one!
    If you donr get a swap I'll take the ticket off you.

Beaulieu wrote: »
    Got 2 for Thursday -happy happy days. It'll be my 30th Irish Open - going back to 1990. Missed 2003 as was away but been at all the others (bar 2020).

Some going, out of interest what was your favourite/least favourite course as a spectator?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Infoseeker1975

My sister was trying to buy a ticket for myself and my 12 year old. She got a bit confused and purchased 2 adult tickets instead using my name & that of a friend. Just wondering how I get my son in, if I change the name on the adult ticket to him though obviously he is not an adult or are U13 allowed in for free with an adult in which case is there a way to add him to my ticket.

I have asked my sister to send on whatever confirmation email she would have received this morning.

Received a response from customerservice@europeantour.com this morning and it is not possible to add a child [U12] to an adult ticket even though they are complimentary.

Logic being that due to Covid there was a set number of tickets so needed to add it on purchase.

Luckily I have 2 adult tickets so he can go on one of those, just a bit more expensive:)

Advertisement