Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭almostthere12

Any of you experts have an opinion on what the long term forecast looks like for the weekend of the 18th to the 21st in the Cork area, specifically around Trabolgan.
    Heading down with the family for a few days.

Thanks

Cool, breezy and showery as far as I can make out from the GFS......but then again I am no expert!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Dreadful day. In Waterford now and it’s pouring out of the heavens. Pathetic excuse for a summer so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Any of you experts have an opinion on what the long term forecast looks like for the weekend of the 18th to the 21st in the Cork area, specifically around Trabolgan.
    Heading down with the family for a few days.

Thanks

Not looking brilliant to be honest, unsettled and cool enough for the time of year, mid teens maybe.

John.Icy wrote: »
    ME forecast suggests there will be a huge amount of disappointed folks after the hype job for this week in the media. Hopefully not as cloudy as currently forecast. At least the temperatures will be pleasant.

Weekend is looking good. As was last weekend. That’s most of it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭highdef

Much brighter in the past hour in North Kildare with some fairly decent sunny breaks.....lots of heat to be felt in that humid sunshine; no need for a jacket :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

warm again here in Meath but mostly cloudy. Most places should see a big improvement from tomorrow and the weekend looks lovely and warm. Big changes from early next week but at least this first half of June has been fairly decent in terms of temperatures and sun, better than anything we had throughout last year's train wreck of a summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Did my 5k in the park just now, soaked with sweat, very humid but no sun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Feeling warm and humid when I was out for my lunchtime walk. Sun is in and out.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,726 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Balmy now in Dublin 16. Sun's out and with a stiff SSW breeze, I expect fohn in play here. 23.2c atm.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

20C now in Meath, still fairly breezy, a warm wind but very cloudy. Hopefully the sun will poke through in the afternoon and if it does low 20s should be reached.

Tomorrow is looking more in the way of sunshine, particularly in midland and eastern/north-eastern areas. Western and southern coasts still look on the cool side with onshore breezes.

arpegeuk-41-32-0.png?09-12

Friday will be more similar to today, more in the way of cloud and temperatures being held back again due to the cloud cover.

arpegeuk-41-57-0.png?09-13

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Only 14.9c in Cobh :-( Still mostly cloudly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭highdef

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Balmy now in Dublin 16. Sun's out and with a stiff SSW breeze, I expect fohn in play here. 23.2c atm.

Heading for Dublin on the M4,I first encountered good sunny spells between Leixlip and Lucan which is a very common point on a journey into Dublin on this road where I meet good sunshine when there's a Fohn in effect. Have just arrived at my workplace in Inchicore and there are some great warm sunny spells and a temperature of 23°. Have to indoors now though!

nice breaks in the cloud now over the past hour or so with some very warm spells of sunshine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Gonzo wrote: »
    nice breaks in the cloud now over the past hour or so with some very warm spells of sunshine.

Definitely shorts weather now. Balmy evening here. Love this weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Savage evening here in Kildare, sunny and breezy around 20 degrees, going to have a couple of cold ones out the back

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Savage evening here in Kildare, sunny and breezy around 20 degrees, going to have a couple of cold ones out the back

same in Meath, having dinner outside this evening, currently 22C.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭snowgal

Gonzo wrote: »
    same in Meath, having dinner outside this evening, currently 22C.

Yea we deffo live in different paths gonzo! Lashing here near Trim and looks to headed your way?!

snowgal wrote: »
    Yea we deffo live in different paths gonzo! Lashing here near Trim and looks to headed your way?!

Thats heading NE,so out into Louth somewhere
    Gonzo should be ok
    17.5c sunny and breezy in Arklow
    The breeze is borderline strong enough to make garden eating uncomfortable

• Registered Users Posts: 13,790 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Finally it's gorgeous in Dublin, feels warmer than it has been so far this year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,855 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Still thick cloud in Cork. No chance of it lifting. Cork harbour misting up again like it has the last few evenings. Manky.

Edit: It got up to a max of 15.9C here today. Boring!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Working in a kitchen and standing on front of a pizza oven was hell today. Extremely humid all day

snowgal wrote: »

That's bizzare, didn't think there would be rain anywhere near here today. It was mostly cloudy here till about 3pm and then slowly the sun started to poke through and by 4pm onwards it was mostly blue skies all the way. There were some dark clouds to my west a few hours ago but didn't make it this far, this must have been the shower that affected Trim.

Still currently very warm for the time of day, mild enough to comfortably sit outside in a t-shirt. Haven't had an evening this warm since July 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

First night with the fan running during sleepy time this summer. 16.2c currently.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,833 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

Grand day here in Kerry , not brilliant but not bad either. Big banks of layered cloud but sunlight getting through for good parts on and off for much of the day, looking to the SE and you would think it was going to pour but not so. Got up to 18.8C making it feel warm in the humid breezy air . Signs of Lenticulars above the lower layers of cloud but hard to get a complete look at them. All in all been a grand few days here , some mist and drizzle at times but passes over quickly enough, even got to dine out on Tues morning, my wife was glad of the throws they had provided ( took mine as well ! ) , found myself putting the jacket back on too but great to be able to get back to some normality.

This warm spell has been very disappointing across the west and south in particular with mostly cloudy and average temperatures. Ireland is on the very edge of the warmth but the warmth and sun will be more widespread tomorrow and again on Saturday. Friday won't be particularly good anywhere with cloud and cooler temperatures rolling in off the Atlantic. All areas should feel the warmth on Saturday and early on Sunday.

Second half of June is shaping up to be a dogs dinner unfortunately. Hopefully if we can get another decent week in July or August that the high pressure will be more centered over Ireland with unbroken gin blue skies for everyone and higher temperatures all around.

Make the most of the next few days as there is no guarantee that we will get another fine, sunny and warm week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,795 ✭✭✭appledrop

I think today is going to be a scorcher in Dublin.

Very sunny and already roasting here in NCD.

Looks like we will hit 23 degrees.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,133 ✭✭✭✭km79

Absolutely miserable in south Mayo as it has been all week
    Not a block laid in the new house all week
    Depressing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

Another dull drizzly morning in Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davidglanza

Misty/drizzle here in cork.
    Looking like another damp manky day..:mad:

Advertisement