Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway City to Inis Mór ferry

Options
13»

Comments

I don’t think there will be. For every one of you hoping there is, there’ll be three that don’t. There’s Corrib Cruises for that.

Its possible they will have something similar to the Killary Harbour tour boat, with a small shop onboard that can do everything from minerals & sweets, to Irish Coffees.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    It's a little disappointing that it's been set up as a tour and not a ferry services, but I completely understand it. June - Aug will be peak tourist season, so it's an attractive trip if you're a tourist staying in town to be able to see Galway Bay, Inis Mor and the Cliffs in one swoop and for only fifty quid.

Hopefully this won't be the case all of the year. It would be great to be able to cycle to the docks, make the crossing, spend the day on Inis Mor spinning around on your own bike, ferry back to the docks and cycle home in time for dinner.

There is an option to go to the island one way - it is 30 Euro per adult one way. That makes an expensive day return. I’m tempted by the tourist trip but would be interested in some kind of family ticket. Two adults and two teens comes to nearly 200 Euro, and still have to buy lunch and drinks. I’m hoping there might be some deals for locals, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭bobbyss

I visited a few years ago and cycled round the island and had a picnic and all of that. Then the bus back to town. Had a great day but was absolutely exhausted. I just wanted to get home for tea.

The 2.5h trip back now looks very excessive. You would drive to Dublin in that time. Look like an expensive day out for a family. As far as I can remember, there were limited options for a bite to eat on Inis Mor and what there was was (one place?) expensive and not value for money. So just as well we had the picnic.
    As an alternative how about a trip from the docks to the cliffs and anywhere else of interest around the bay for 1-1.5 hours?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,296 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

First sailing went this morning, out to Inis Mor and then on to Cliffs Of Moher and back to Galway Port.

https://afloat.ie/port-news/ferry-news/item/50564-galway-to-aran-ferry-s-maiden-voyage-today

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Paddico

I had a look online. Looks like the ferry only goes from Galway to Inishmor. Does it not return to Galway as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Paddico wrote: »
    I had a look online. Looks like the ferry only goes from Galway to Inishmor. Does it not return to Galway as well?
    The Day Tour goes from the Docks to Inishmore, then on to Cliffs of Moher and back to the Docks.
    https://www.aranislandferries.com/day-tours/galway-city/cliffs-of-moher
    Depart at 9.30am
    Arrive back in Galway city at 6pm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Discodog wrote: »
    You can track it here

That's 1 of 5 vessels doing the route.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭ceatharloch

Is there social distance on board? Two metres? People indoors or "on deck"?

Advertisement