Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Absolutely gross, and my quick look at the Arpege yesterday evening suggests this muck will be there all week.

Horrible, violently humid, thick, grey, mist and drizzle.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Really windy too anyone else experiencing that this morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭highdef

Violently humid

Can you explain what violently humid means? Don't think I've ever heard that term before. I could picture temperatures in the mid 30s with humidity over 90% as being unpleasant humidity but with temperatures nationwide being currently only in the mid to high teens and those areas in the high teens have lower humidity than areas in the mid teens, I would describe the weather as feeling mild even in the breeze. I couldn't imagine how to introduce the word "violent" to describe the weather at the moment. I'd reserve that word for the more fitting description of force 11 winds or a tornado.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,064 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Horrible day. Dull, grey and misty. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭pad199207

Some nice spells of sunshine getting through here in Wexford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭mcburns07

Really windy too anyone else experiencing that this morning?

That'll be the Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 5,915 ✭✭✭OldRio

After a cloudy weekend, occasionally the sun got through, today begins with heavy drizzle.
    Windy and cloudy at the moment.

Co. Leitrim

• Registered Users Posts: 13,735 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Cloudy and windy but warm in Dublin. Looks like it'll be cloudy all week, waste of warm temps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

dank drizzly dirty damp day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

ME forecast suggests there will be a huge amount of disappointed folks after the hype job for this week in the media. Hopefully not as cloudy as currently forecast. At least the temperatures will be pleasant.

• Advertisement

you mean the scorching sun and heat plumes Dublin Live has been gaslighting me about aren't going to happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

you mean the scorching sun and heat plumes Dublin Live has been gaslighting me about aren't going to happen?

:D:D

Everyone I have spoken to over the last few days is expecting sun and a heatwave this week. The reach these rags have is crazy when it is genuinely 100 times easier to read a brief ME forecast than a long drawn out article about dusting off the BBQ. And the very loose quotation of ME in said articles means the blame falls to them instead. Although, must say Dublin Live definitely has built a reputation for being utter scutter when it comes to the weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭snowgal

warm and breezy in Meath. pleasant day here and the sun is peeping out abit, well a little little bit, but Ill take it! especially reading some of your posts here, sounds blugh

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Very dissapointing today, wall to wall cloud cover. Yesterday and all last week were lovely, wasn't expecting so much cloud today.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,789 ✭✭✭appledrop

snowgal wrote: »
    warm and breezy in Meath. pleasant day here and the sun is peeping out abit, well a little little bit, but Ill take it! especially reading some of your posts here, sounds blugh

Same here I'm NCD. Extremely windy so it's the long summer dress on today!

Dull with dark clouds all morning but still very pleasant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Overcast, wet and humid in Castlebar, the worst kind of summer weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭mojesius

Out in Connemara for two weeks, yesterday evening and today has been wet and windy. Great craic building sandcastles in the rain and paddling in the freezing water with the toddler. She had a wetsuit on so didn't mind. We ran beach races to warm up 😠we are mostly lucky with weather every June out here but looks like this year will be a bit grey. We had a nice weekend though! A few days of sun at some point would be nice though!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

highdef wrote: »
    Can you explain what violently humid means? Don't think I've ever heard that term before. I could picture temperatures in the mid 30s with humidity over 90% as being unpleasant humidity but with temperatures nationwide being currently only in the mid to high teens and those areas in the high teens have lower humidity than areas in the mid teens, I would describe the weather as feeling mild even in the breeze. I couldn't imagine how to introduce the word "violent" to describe the weather at the moment. I'd reserve that word for the more fitting description of force 11 winds or a tornado.

It means both my armpits and hence, my shirt, was absolutely covered with sweat even after walking from the car into work, which takes 15 minutes. This is because I had to wear my work clothes plus my waterproofs.

It also means that I had to use my emergency deodrant bottle at work, otherwise I would be absolutely stinking once that lot evaporates.

Well, you did ask :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭esposito

Xenji wrote: »
    Overcast, wet and humid in Castlebar, the worst kind of summer weather.

That would not be the worst for me.

Cool, windy and wet is the worst kind for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Windy cloudy and damp. I’d love to meet when one of those idiots I met last week telling me about the heatwave this week.

• Advertisement

I have to laugh no sign of sun all day and it appears now at 7pm.

Ah well, still had a great day in park and not too busy as most people in work!

Windy cloudy and damp. I’d love to meet when one of those idiots I met last week telling me about the heatwave this week.

In fairness we had a stunning day in Dublin yesterday.

Today was a bit nippy at times in wind though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭mcburns07

An absolutely garbage day in East Cork. Depressing.

appledrop wrote: »
    I have to laugh no sign of sun all day and it appears now at 7pm

Was the same on Sunday, and the forecast tomorrow looks like there'll be no sun till 5 or 6pm. The Gods are cruel.

Was the same on Sunday, and the forecast tomorrow looks like there'll be no sun till 5 or 6pm. The Gods are cruel.

Back in work tomorrow so the 5pm/ 6pm sun might actually be perfect for once!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,877 ✭✭✭pauldry

Wev had about 20 hours of sun so far in June with about 5 minutes today.

2mm of mist also

Warm and cloudy so far in Dublin, there was a light shower earlier. Not the worst weather really nice to not need a jacket at least!
    Edit: 20 mins later it's raining and horrible. Supposed to be better later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,244 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Dull and raining in Cork City :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭highdef

Cool, breezy and cloudy in North Kildare with some light rain from time to time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

Any of you experts have an opinion on what the long term forecast looks like for the weekend of the 18th to the 21st in the Cork area, specifically around Trabolgan.
    Heading down with the family for a few days.

Thanks

Advertisement