Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Watched the Andrade debut. Thought I had the TV on mute for a second. Wow, expected a much bigger reaction for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭ThePott

I think the debut in general was badly handled. I think having Vickie introduce him wasn't the best idea. Pretty sure people didn't even hear her say Andrade El Idolo.

Some talk apparently that the reason the deal took so long is that Andrade wanted creative control over his wins/losses.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,888 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

That's it. Seemed I wasn't the only who didn't know what she said. they only reacted when they saw him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,126 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I don't get the Vickie pairing. She's a comedy character (not a good one) and she doesn't speak well. He's supposed to be a big deal, find a better Zelina for him than her.

Debuting with no music is weird too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Pretty meh show. They knew the numbers would be down with the move to Friday and the later time and didn't bother putting on a big match

Is it back on this Wednesday?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

CastorTroy wrote: »
    That's it. Seemed I wasn't the only who didn't know what she said. they only reacted when they saw him

Even then it was like "Oh cool, him". I felt he'd get a big reaction.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

For all the things that AEW does right, they get important things wrong. Debuting new talent is second on that list (after making sure their big spots are going to work *ahem* exploding deathmatch *ahem*). They didn't do well with Paul White, Christian nor Mark Henry and they've definitely dropped the ball with Andradé - even the commentary team couldn't say his name (with the exception of Excalibur). Not at all sure about pairing him with Vicky (who I do rate as a manager and who I think is doing OK with Nyla). I get the feeling we'll see 1 or 2 new names coming soon and let's hope they can improve.

Don't forget Miro's weird debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

People should start to recognise Khan's booking patterns by now, the Dynamite after the PPV's have never been the big action packed episodes. Not every single episode can or will be great, didn't think it was particularly bad myself, and with the next big show not until September there's no rush for anything.

And Miro is probably the best thing in AEW right now so I wouldn't be writing Andrade off just yet.

That's a weird cover. No one is saying post-PPV shows need to be big or action packed but this episode was absolute filler. If it wasn't for the Andrade debut, no one would be talking about it. It's not up to fans to recognise the pattern, it's up to the promoter to overcome that.

Again, it's a late Friday show Post-PPV so no one was expecting a barn burner but saying that it's on 'us' for not recognising the pattern is really bending over backwards when there's no need to. As for the Andrade debut, I don't think anyone is writing him off but it wasn't a well handled debut. Sure they eventually turned it around with Miro but let's not act like the last half a year before they figured it out did him any favours. If they handled him right initially there wouldn't have been a need to rehab him at all.

• Advertisement

No matter what day/time, post ppv show etc, Dustin Rhodes should not be main eventing a Dynamite in a singles match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Lads clear as day Dynamite was a flipped show. The opening tag followed by the Henry segment leading into the Andrade segments were obviously the main draws of this particular show. They put them on at the start because of the time slot Friday at 10, by the time the main event hit the ring it would've been 11:40pm on a Friday, for a programme that skews young/demo/prime going out ages. Get the important stuff on early when the most guaranteed eyeballs will be on the show, and put the less important stuff on later. Khan has done this format several times now with Dynamite so it shouldn't be a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭kksaints

People should start to recognise Khan's booking patterns by now, the Dynamite after the PPV's have never been the big action packed episodes. Not every single episode can or will be great, didn't think it was particularly bad myself, and with the next big show not until September there's no rush for anything.

And Miro is probably the best thing in AEW right now so I wouldn't be writing Andrade off just yet.

Isn't that a strange booking pattern as it effectively cools down a lot of the positive momentum gained from the ppv?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Yeh you could of course look at it that way, and it's fair to say it probably has cooled some feuds down a bit as a result.

But I think with only four major PPV's a year that they can take their time with things a bit more compared to if you have a PPV every month and kick off or continue the feud on the Monday or Friday and then hammer it into the ground with the same stuff every week until the next PPV. I'd say AEW's style is to book by building to their PPV's rather than more around their weekly shows.

Khan has done this format several times now with Dynamite so it shouldn't be a surprise.
    I don't think anyone is saying it's a surprise, they're not going to give away a massive main even that time of night on a Friday. My point is that suggesting that we're not smart enough to get that is disingenuous and it doesn't make the quality of the show any better that there is a pattern or a precedent for it.

It would just be nice for a change if people came out and said it wasn't a good show without a million caveats or blaming people for 'not getting' the booking pattern.

What was up with the crowd as well on Friday? I thought they'd be back open to full capacity after having it for the PPV. We were back to all wrestlers in the front row of each side. Even the Friday Dynamite the week before had a great crowd.

Can't wait for them to get back to proper arenas.

Wresters were in the front row for the PPV as well. Could see Kilynn and the one with the purple hair. And they wouldn't throw Darby onto random fans.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Wresters were in the front row for the PPV as well. Could see Kilynn and the one with the purple hair. And they wouldn't throw Darby onto random fans.

Oh yeah I know but seemed to only be one side. Looked like they were back to all sides on Dynamite. I could be wrong. Hopefully it's something that's done away with anyway when back on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,437 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Has Dave, Sapp or Keller reported that Andrade will have creative control?

How inside is Raj Giri that he would get the scoop over the above?

Frankie Kazarian Elite Hunter has me interested in where they are going with this I must say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

NWA PPV result
    I reckon we're going to get alot more of Serena Deeb in AEW after the NWA title loss
    Read that she was unreal and made Kamille look like a monster which is not easy task

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Headshot wrote: »
    NWA PPV result
    I reckon we're going to get alot more of Serena Deeb in AEW after the NWA title loss
    Read that she was unreal and made Kamille look like a monster which is not easy task

That's what I'm thinking with the first part you've hidden behind spoiler tags.

Looking at wrestling free agents how many benefit AEW.

These first two probably never happen Punk & Danielson.

Tommy & Thea, Murphy, Mickie, Ruby & Samoa Joe are all getable.

Lana (Valet and not necessarily for Miro) & Tom Philips (on Rampage) I think could also offer something.

Looking at wrestling free agents how many benefit AEW.

These first two probably never happen Punk & Danielson.

Tommy & Thea, Murphy, Mickie, Ruby & Samoa Joe are all getable.

Lana (Valet and not necessarily for Miro) & Tom Philips (on Rampage) I think could also offer something.

Out of the whole list, I would absolutely love to see Danielson sign. I've never been a big Punk fan but he'd be a huge get for them.

I was never too pushed in them signing Zelina Vega but would definitely take her now if it meant taking Vickie's place as Andrade's manager.

Probably a bit controversial but I'm not a big Aleister Black fan. Now that's only going by his NXT run mainly. Didn't see much of him on the main roster (hated that knock on my door bollox though) and never saw any of his indy stuff.

Joe would come down to how healthy he is and if he can still go

I think Ruby would be a good pick up.

Don't know enough about Murphy to comment tbh.

Tom Philips just sounds like another Michael Cole clone to me. Would much rather Mauro.

No interest in Mickie or Lana.

If I had to put money on it though, I think they'll sign Black, Joe and Ruby

Someone I really hope they sign is Renee Young after she has her baby and all. I think she's a brilliant host/interviewer and Dasha/Marvez etc aren't great.

https://twitter.com/AEW/status/1401992608499466240?s=19

Another Cody "special announcement" :rolleyes:

I suspect he'll be stepping away due to maternity leave

I suspect he'll be stepping away due to maternity leave

It can't be that already can it?

He's going to reveal the nursery.

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It can't be that already can it?

Baby is due in the summer time so it's possible

• Advertisement

Baby is due in the summer time so it's possible

So anytime between now and August?

Either way, hopefully all goes well for them.... Can't even imagine all the stress that comes with impending parenthood....

Advertisement