Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9 4/128GB £129 Amazon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zbeshek

Ordered Sunday evening with Tesco Mobile SIM, one confirming email only, received it by post half hour ago so it took les than 48 hours to deliver.

Just confirming, phone is unlocked and works with Tesco Mobile

Also it isn't black, it is more like shiny dark blue

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭cherrytaz

Sorry for bumping in but I'm in Dubai and trying to source this phone on amazon.ae. Looks like not all of the listings for the Note 9 have NFC, would anyone be able to have a quick gawk on amazon.ae and perhaps link me a listing you believe has NFC? It's not very clearcut

• Registered Users Posts: 6,456 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

gooner99 wrote: »
    No. Just popped it in the phone.

Didnt work. Ordered an eir 10e sim online.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Didnt work. Ordered an eir 10e sim online.

Did it connect to network and display Lyca on screen? If not, then how did the verification code from VF arrive? Or was that a different SIM?

AFAIK, Lyca SIMs should work straight away without buying any credit. Either way, you'd want to know that the SIM connected to network before adding credit. Credit shouldn't be required to receive SMS.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Did it connect to network and display Lyca on screen? If not, then how did the verification code from VF arrive? Or was that a different SIM?

AFAIK, Lyca SIMs should work straight away without buying any credit. Either way, you'd want to know that the SIM connected to network before adding credit. Credit shouldn't be required to receive SMS.

It verified the code and then when I went to check the order last night it was cancelled

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

I used a Lyca SIM and got a dispatched email a few hours later. The process was straightforward; put the Lyca SIM in, waited for the phone to recognise it and got a welcome text from Lyca. Got the verification text from Vodafone and the order went through.
    Phone has been dispatched and there is a tracking number.

I used a Lyca SIM and got a dispatched email a few hours later. The process was straightforward; put the Lyca SIM in, waited for the phone to recognise it and got a welcome text from Lyca. Got the verification text from Vodafone and the order went through.
    Phone has been dispatched and there is a tracking number.

It doesn't like me.

It doesn't like me.

Try incognito mode in browser or a different browser or a different device eg another phone or laptop or from a different data connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Donal94

Anyone have a spare lyca sim I could use. I've gone to loads of shops today to try get one and can't find one anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Try incognito mode in browser or a different browser or a different device eg another phone or laptop or from a different data connection.

I might have a look in the tea leaves at the bottom of my cup first :)

I've ordered a 10e eir sim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭gooner99

This is a good idea. Also reset your router if it doesn't have a static IP.

I might get mine delivered Today or Tomorrow. What is the next step.

I have the Lyca SIM that I used for the deal in my current dual SIM phone. It's still says Lycamobile.

Do I have to wait till it's ported to Vodafone or just set the phone up with my 48 SIM?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭Asus1

gooner99 wrote: »

I have the Lyca SIM that I used for the deal in my current dual SIM phone. It's still says Lycamobile.

Do I have to wait till it's ported to Vodafone or just set the phone up with my 48 SIM?

Stick your SIM in and away you go, phone is completely unlocked.Great phone with fine big battery and is not at all fragile as I've dropped it a good few times and screen is still fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

Thanks for spotting the offer guys!
    Monday eve I bought a lyca sim for 1 euro,
    Brought the sim in my phone, received text from lyca with my number,
    Placed the offer on vodafone site with the porting,
    Paid the 100
    Happily received the phone 30 mins ago

Either VF will port the number when delivery is confirmed or they'll port when the VF SIM is inserted in new phone and powered on.

It shouldn't matter as the phone can be used straight away with any SIM.

You might want to leave the Lyca SIM in your current phone to see whether it deactivates or not. Similarly, take VF SIM out of new phone before power on to see what happens (assuming they have put a SIM in before dispatch).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭crasy dash

Just received mine ,nice bit of kit for the money thanks op

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭Newgrange Warrior

If I use the swich option (handset €99) would I automatically lose my gomo account number or is this used for the verification text? Or would I be best buy a seperate eir payg sim for 10 e to buy.

If I use the swich option (handset €99) would I automatically lose my gomo account number or is this used for the verification text? Or would I be best buy a seperate eir payg sim for 10 e to buy.

Assuming you want to keep a legacy gomo plan then DO NOT use it for a porting offer which is what this VF offer is. Whatever number you submit as the number to switch will then be assigned to a new VF SIM and the original network's SIM will deactivate and account will close.

Joke of a site. It wont let me go to the payment screen saying I've to agree t and c which I had done.

After 2 hours. An order is placed. Phoned sales who said the number was locked with another order. Got it cancelled and job done in 2 minutes. Now, to see if they will cancel it.

Used an eir gomo sim

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Joke of a site. It wont let me go to the payment screen saying I've to agree t and c which I had done.

After 2 hours. An order is placed. Phoned sales who said the number was locked with another order. Got it cancelled and job done in 2 minutes. Now, to see if they will cancel it.

Used an eir gomo sim

It really is a joke. I ordered one last night, everything was accepted but got no confirmation e-mail. The €99 is earmarked in my a/c so obviously they know who I am and where I keep my money so it's not as if the order has got lost. I can't even cancel because there's no record of the order.

• Advertisement

The Mrs got 2 of these using 48sim cards about 3 months back(online and arrived in 3 days) What a cracker of a phone for 90 quid. 4/128gb, excellent camera, screen protector and also a rubber phone case. Just spend 20 mins debugging, Can't fault it and that's coming from a p20 pro that cost 3 times more

Hi. Just set mine up now using my Google account. What debugging did you do on the phone?

Wonders will never cease..... My order has shipped :)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭in2dark

I find it hard to believe it that the phone does NOT have a notification light... I'm getting upset...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 zbeshek

in2dark wrote: »
    I find it hard to believe it that the phone does NOT have a notification light... I'm getting upset...

It is hard to find now phone with full size screen having notification light.

Btw probably check your phone more often than getting messages

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

in2dark wrote: »
    zbeshek wrote: »
    It is hard to find now phone with full size screen having notification light.

Btw probably check your phone more often than getting messages

Notifybuddy is your friend here. One of 2 Apps I've ever actually paid for. Overlays a light(or the Apps logo) when you get a notification and also puts the charging red/green(blue as well when over 90% if you like)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Marhay70

How the Fcuk do you contact VF re this order. 1747 is out of service, chat is permanently offline it seems, 1907 is only for broadband, the shop is too far away. They have €100 of my money frozen in my a/c, the EIR SIM I used to sign up is now not working, I have heard FA from VF since I ordered and this boy is not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

they had these up on hukd yesterday i think for about 50 quid,from xiaoimi uk, but you couldnt input an irish address to buy them. painful.

How do you contact VF re this order. 1747 is out of service, chat is permanently offline it seems, 1907 is only for broadband, the shop is too far away. They have €100 of my money frozen in my a/c, the EIR SIM I used to sign up is now not working.

Here are some VF CS numbers....

1800 805 014

01 203 8232

01 203 7800

This is the main problem with VF offers such as these, they put a hold on funds even when order is cancelled by them. The thread for the VF Christmas offers had many testimonies of orders cancelled and a wait for refunds.

My phone is with an post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭pcasso

Am thinking of getting this phone and have got a sim from 48 to give it a try. This is probably a really stupid question but when activating the sim, is there a time limit on activating it once received.
    Also if it is activated does it get deactivated after a certain period of time without credit bought for the sim?
    Thanks.

Advertisement