Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭davidk1394

It was more like an October day here. 9°C and showers. It's mainly a dry farm here and it's the first time of seen pools of water in particular parts of fields

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Cold and wet in NW, no growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

Strange day here - very heavy thunder showers, but not a bad day between them...
    Missus said the car read 16deg collecting the kids after school...
    Grass seems to be coming on every day, places are wet though...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,520 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Got bitter cold here with stiff breeze.

Within a month of longest day and been no warmth, ground very wet too.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭Alibaba

_Brian wrote: »
    Got bitter cold here with stiff breeze.

Within a month of longest day and been no warmth, ground very wet too.

Tough late Spring.
    No good weeks growth yet this year.

• Advertisement

Good day today.
    More rain again tomorrow though.
    Hopefully after that Summer 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

Smashing day today. Lovely night too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

1st evening this year i got the coat & the jumper off.hit about 18c here. Wellingtons still required though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

Rain starting to come in now

Totally different day here today. Overcast and cold.

• Advertisement

davidk1394 wrote: »
    Totally different day here today. Overcast and cold.

I'm inside studying this morning and I've just gone upstairs to get a second fleece :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,244 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

First run out with the topper this year, this morning. A field I couldn't graze last backend with the wet. Grazed it last week and there was loads of rushes in it. Looks alot better now. Was surprised how dry the field is

Got contractor in here to top 20 acres, with the way weather is grass would be hairy enough quality wise so at least some will come back better anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭Castlekeeper

It's down for the evening here.

Hasn't stopped since morning here. Will be no pit done anyway

Miserable evening.
    Making a nice drop of rain.

Hopefully a badly needed improvement on the way ☀️☀️☀️

Alibaba wrote: »
    Miserable evening.
    Making a nice drop of rain.

Hopefully a badly needed improvement on the way ☀️☀️☀️

Get the barbecue ready

Overcast morning here with no wind. Zero drying and I'm waiting for field's to dry out so I can cut silage

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Overcast morning here with no wind. Zero drying and I'm waiting for field's to dry out so I can cut silage

You and half the County here. Gonna be some snatch and grab with a ball of rain due Wednesday and Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭foxy farmer

Yesterday was warm but no great drying as feck all wind. This morning was sunny but got overcast by lunchtime. Tis kinda foggy hazy now. Not a good drying day but better than nothing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

whelan2 wrote: »
    First run out with the topper this year, this morning. A field I couldn't graze last backend with the wet. Grazed it last week and there was loads of rushes in it. Looks alot better now. Was surprised how dry the field is

Topped my 1st paddock today, and I was surprised when I very nearly totally bogged the tractor in 2 different wet spots ha. I'm not at all use of all this moisture in the ground in June lol. Moisture and Sun tho, grass growing well over 100/day the min.

Miserable morning here in the SW.
    Lots of uneeded rain.

Overcast here with no rain. A lot of contractors worked through the night to get stuff finished including myself because of this promised rain

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

Overcast here with no rain. A lot of contractors worked through the night to get stuff finished including myself because of this promised rain

Only a few drops of rain here so far today but there seems to have been plenty ten miles away, hard to forecast that.
    Plenty of outfits flat out all last night around here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Can never understand this work through the night craic

Rained most of the day, from 6 to 5 roughly. Warm muggy night now. Should have baled a few more paddocks over the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭ruwithme

Reggie. wrote: »
    Can never understand this work through the night craic

This panicky window of ten good days for probably near 3 quarter's of the silage made for 1st cut needs to be spread out.what happened to grazing silage ground in spring & a mid June or there 1st cut for a cow dry in winter??

Anyway, dry here in east cavan.

ruwithme wrote: »
    This panicky window of ten good days for probably near 3 quarter's of the silage made for 1st cut needs to be spread out.what happened to grazing silage ground in spring & a mid June or there 1st cut for a cow dry in winter??

You can thank Teagasc. Down here lads lost their shít with cutting silage. Fields were destroyed by machines because the farmer wanted it cut on this date so the DMD is right. If they left it another few days, the silage would be cut and the field wouldn't be wrecked.

ruwithme wrote: »

This is what we do. Can't understand lads cutting lawn cuttings in the last few weeks. Hope to cut here at the weekend. It's dear enough to do silage without ruining ground in the process. Every farm is different. Fertiliser only went out 18th April ground grazed bare

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,526 ✭✭✭jaymla627

whelan2 wrote: »
    This is what we do. Can't understand lads cutting lawn cuttings in the last few weeks. Hope to cut here at the weekend. It's dear enough to do silage without ruining ground in the process. Every farm is different. Fertiliser only went out 18th April ground grazed bare

the lawn clippings will give you maintenance plus 7 litres the dry cow silage made the past few days and into next week will dry cows off,

Advertisement