Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the weather like in your area 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,244 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Raining and windy and cold

• Registered Users Posts: 18,520 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

No dust here this morning

See another week of frosty nights ahead, that’s killing grass growth round these parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

Heavy rain North Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Starting here in East Clare. Wind picking up and rain starting.
    How bad is it going to get?

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Registered Users Posts: 24,388 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Jaysus its freezing out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,611 ✭✭✭Mooooo

First morning of driving rain and a full crush on the western side of sheds for AI. Wouldn't mind only I spent half the morning trying to get close to one of a set of twins that out with a cow as she had hurt her back to bring the lot in. Fcuker took off and can't find him now. Cow will have to stay there now in the hope the little bollix comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Awful night and early morning here in NW, sun just coming out now bringing a small bit of warmth, was half thinking of bringing the cows and calves back in, really don't want to but we'll see how the day pans out.

Mooooo wrote: »
    First morning of driving rain and a full crush on the western side of sheds for AI. Wouldn't mind only I spent half the morning trying to get close to one of a set of twins that out with a cow as she had hurt her back to bring the lot in. Fcuker took off and can't find him now. Cow will have to stay there now in the hope the little bollix comes back

I used to be that soldier. Set up a calving paddock. Sheep wire and electric fence. Good gates to get them into yard. No way to escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Fred Daly

Spread nitrogen on spring barley for a lad yesterday that was on its last legs sowed the week after easter looking very good to day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭lab man

whelan2 wrote: »
    I used to be that soldier. Set up a calving paddock. Sheep wire and electric fence. Good gates to get them into yard. No way to escape.

I give a fist of nuts to the cows near once a week here when they are grazing makes a big difference getting them in I brought cows that calved in the last 2 weeks in this morn they right happy inside

• Advertisement

Starting here in East Clare. Wind picking up and rain starting.
    How bad is it going to get?

Bad day here west clare

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

lab man wrote: »
    Bad day here west clare

Seem to be over the worst of it here. No damage done anyway.

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

lab man wrote: »
    I give a fist of nuts to the cows near once a week here when they are grazing makes a big difference getting them in I brought cows that calved in the last 2 weeks in this morn they right happy inside

Cows no problem, she was standing at the gap waiting and the fcuker ran straight passed her. Was standing well back as well whatever notion he got

Mooooo wrote: »
    Cows no problem, she was standing at the gap waiting and the fcuker ran straight passed her. Was standing well back as well whatever notion he got

Always when u need the guy to go right hell go left

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Only for the pubs are closed ye'd be all drove to drink!! :rolleyes:

Weather may improve around the 12/13th.

Unfortunately it may go back after to a low pressure with a northerly wind after that interlude. But you'd be thinking the year is so far gone there'd have to be some heat somewhere.

Only for the pubs are closed ye'd be all drove to drink!! :rolleyes:

Weather may improve around the 12/13th.

Unfortunately it may go back after to a low pressure with a northerly wind after that interlude. But you'd be thinking the year is so far gone there'd have to be some heat somewhere.

Spain?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭davidk1394

Sunny day here but a cold wind. Hard to believe it's May.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Powerful morning here in north kildare as my father would say :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Saw there the last time I commented on the weather I was saying the climate has changed....Winters and Springs wetter.

This is definitely the case..... was topping fields here at weekend and was just about able to get around on some without doing damage.Tens years ago at this time of the year you would sail around the same fields without leaving a mark.

Was cold and wet most of April here and very cold still in mornings and evenings in the Whest.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,958 ✭✭✭Hard Knocks

Saw there the last time I commented on the weather I was saying the climate has changed....Winters and Springs wetter.

This is definitely the case..... was topping fields here at weekend and was just about able to get around on some without doing damage.Tens years ago at this time of the year you would sail around the same fields without leaving a mark.

Was cold and wet most of April here and very cold still in mornings and evenings in the Whest.

Same here at the moment but we put out slurry a month ago not leaving a mark

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Shocking wet here in Cork today, thunder showers that went on and on.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Nobbies

Big harvest needed i believe. Couple of lads told me their pits are empty for the 1st time in a number of years. Could be at least a little indicative of the situation in some areas

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

Oh great, another feckin monsoon.

tanko wrote: »
    Oh great, another feckin monsoon.

Young lad was out running in it. I didn't know which way he was gone so couldn't collect him. He was very wet when he came home

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Say my name

Was a day of very close by thunder and lightning strikes.
    Knocked out the broadband for a small while and a neighbours phone line altogether.

Had a heart in mouth moment checking heifers across the road as I surely thought they were hit. All good anyway.

It looks as though drier warmer weather might be on the way for the second half of next week but loads of rain to come before that unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Lime Tree Farm

tanko wrote: »
    It looks as though drier warmer weather might be on the way for the second half of next week but loads of rain to come before that unfortunately.

bring it on - we need every drop -

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

It never ceases to amaze me how different weather conditions can be over a sustained period in such a small country!
    You could have farmers in the midlands or sunny south East crying out for rain in the Summer while at the same time farmers on the Western seaboard can barely get around wet meadows to get silage made.

The water table is quite high here in Mayo for this time of year.....when it rains it pours quite literally!!
    Saw a neighbour getting farmyard manure put out on a usually dryish field yday and you could see the track of where wheels ran indenting the ground .

Belters of showers every day, sickening enough hardly get a chance to top up tail paint replace scratchcards not a mind the chance to mow or spray...

• Advertisement

You must be Timmaays next door neighbour.

Advertisement