Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer 2021 General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭statto25

Xenji wrote: »
    A carbon copy of yesterday in Castlebar, wet and cool again.

I'm fed up of it now. The few days last week were so good and now this again is properly depressing.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not as sunny as the previous 4 or 5 days but still pleasantly warm 18C and spells of hazy sunshine. Last night was very mild as well and was fairly difficult to sleep at times.

Fine start here in Arklow but clouded over
    Warm 18c
    Just started raining
    Big drops but light

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

nice sunny spells here now but darker clouds to my south approaching, this is probably the end of the warm and hazy conditions, could have some showers in the afternoon with fresher air following behind it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,759 ✭✭✭sporina

Grey, wet but mild here in Cork City.. oh man.. such a contrast to yday... how is one suppose to know what season's clothing to have in the wardrobe/storage??? ggggrrrr :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,575 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Rain just starting here in Kildare

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭jackrussel

Suns out again in cork city! At least it stop raining

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Wet and grey morning here looks to be brightening now. Yesterday afternoon was the nicest of the last few days it was actually warm no breeze and sunny.

The heavy showers that were building to the south are breaking up rapidly as they move northwards. Still dry here in Meath. Looking at the radar we could easily stay dry for the rest of today.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CeeCeeBloom

Some lovely cloud formations here in Dublin 24!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,796 ✭✭✭Calibos

Gonzo wrote: »
    The heavy showers that were building to the south are breaking up rapidly as they move northwards. Still dry here in Meath. Looking at the radar we could easily stay dry for the rest of today.

Yep. Bray got a few drops. Not enough to even wet the ground. Quite surprising because on the radar the approaching precipitation looked substantial and persistent...until it just melted away as it got to us. Wicklow Mountain Sponge again I assume.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

I was flying this afternoon and the outside temperature at 2500 ft over Meath was +16 °C. Overall hazy, but visibility still around 10-15 km. Better than I was expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

I hear next weekend is looking like heating up again. Nothing posted in FI thread yet

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭SNNUS

Met Eireann talking of The Azores high for next week so could be a good spell coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

Was only 14c in Sligo today but in Finner just 30k up the road it got to 19.7c. Localised or what.

An inauspicious start to the Summer here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

pauldry wrote: »
    Was only 14c in Sligo today but in Finner just 30k up the road it got to 19.7c. Localised or what.

An inauspicious start to the Summer here.

Haven't got a temperature here but definitely closer to 20C than 14C. No sun but warm and very humid feeling all day.

Sudden downpour just now as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,024 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A muggy night with mist/fog about, currently:

Casement 17 degrees
    Phoenix park 16 degrees
    Shannon 16 degrees
    Dunsany 16 degrees
    Ballyhaise 16 degrees

• Registered Users Posts: 6,834 ✭✭✭pauldry

A muggy night with mist/fog about, currently:

Casement 17 degrees
    Phoenix park 16 degrees
    Shannon 16 degrees
    Dunsany 16 degrees
    Ballyhaise 16 degrees

Yes warmer in Sligo now than it was during the day....in Summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭Mimon

MTs forecast was great to see. Rising temperatures from Sunday on possibly mid 20s at times next week. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Rotten morning in cork city. Heavy drizzle showers. Normality resumed haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭gerrybhoy

Turning out to be a lovely day here in Dublin, early dart from work and off until next Thursday, I hope the weather gods are shining as we head to Wexford tomorrow morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yes maybe the pain and suffering of May is paying off in the completely illogical way some of us thought it would. Beautiful in Dublin today, sunny and breezy with little cloud to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭compsys

Yes maybe the pain and suffering of May is paying off in the completely illogical way some of us thought it would. Beautiful in Dublin today, sunny and breezy with little cloud to be seen.

After one of the coldest April and Mays on record in Ireland, particularly in Dublin, it wasn't illogical to predict a half-decent June. The opposite in fact.

It's like last year - the sunniest spring on record in Dublin led to one of the dullest summers.

Weather in Ireland tends to even itself out over the space of a few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,570 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Yeah but I mean we could easily have had a completely miserable June too

• Registered Users Posts: 18,055 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Chucking it down here now in East Cork. Horrible day so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭KanyeSouthEast

Yeah but I mean we could easily have had a completely miserable June too

Depends on where you are TM. Windy and showery here all morning you certainly wouldn’t sit out in it. An improvement on May allright but that wouldn’t be hard.

another beautiful day here in Meath with plenty of sunshine although not quiet as warm as over the weekend and earlier in the week but a respectable 19C.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A pleasant day in Castlebar, it has been dry with some nice bright spells and currently 18C.

US2 wrote: »
    I hear next weekend is looking like heating up again. Nothing posted in FI thread yet

I've been watching the models very closely over the past few days. The GFS was playing around with the idea of a potentially very warm to hot and prolonged spell of high pressure, the Azores High linking up with a Scandi and dominating well into the 3rd week of June. However recent GFS runs are backing off this idea and going for a shorter spell of high pressure with more sensible temperatures lasting up to the middle of June and then cooler conditions taking over from the north and west into the 3rd week of June. We still look on course for at least a week of mostly dry and fairly warm conditions, low to mid twenties rather than the high 20s that was being shown on a couple of runs a few days ago. I'd like to see more of today's runs on the GFS, ECM and GEM to see how they fare out. The ECM currently wants to keep the high pressure going into the 3th week of June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I spoke too soon, currently a torrential downpour with some hail mixed in and thunder, I cannot remember the last time I saw hail in June.

Advertisement