Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Registered AITI Tax Qualification Info and Questions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,379 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

How do you think last week went? It was a gruelling build up and the week itself was heavy going. Not too happy with Friday Professional Advice.

Hoping I passed them all.
    I'd be fairly sure I passed international and VAT.
    I was writing till the very end in professional advice so hoping its a good sign.Domestic wasn't as strong I found the question one quite difficult.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NoraG

How do you think last week went? It was a gruelling build up and the week itself was heavy going. Not too happy with Friday Professional Advice.

I feel 50/50 with domestic, ok with international and VAT, but the professional advice was a killer on time.

The week was gruelling 😣 and I only feel like I recovered today from it. None of the exams were easy. How do you feel about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 NoraG

Hoping I passed them all.
    I'd be fairly sure I passed international and VAT.
    I was writing till the very end in professional advice so hoping its a good sign.Domestic wasn't as strong I found the question one quite difficult.

Aishling, question 1 was not a mandatory question. Am I right?

NoraG wrote: »
    Aishling, question 1 was not a mandatory question. Am I right?

No it wasn't mandatory.Just was in my pick of the 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭FreeFallin94

Anyone doing Part I's and seriously struggling to motivate yourself? I've basically only started looking at the modules now and I don't see how I'll manage to get everything done before August. Especially the accounting stuff, haven't started it and I have never done an accounting module in my life. I tried watching the lectures but didn't find them very helpful at all.

• Advertisement

Anyone doing Part I's and seriously struggling to motivate yourself? I've basically only started looking at the modules now and I don't see how I'll manage to get everything done before August. Especially the accounting stuff, haven't started it and I have never done an accounting module in my life. I tried watching the lectures but didn't find them very helpful at all.

You've two full months and the days in august before the exam.
    Priorities the 4 subjects in order of difficulty
    My order would be (easiest to hardest)
    -Capital Taxes
    -Law
    -Accounting
    -Personal and Business fundamentals

Cover the easiest stuff first so you're only refreshing your knowledge before the exams.
    I was in the same boat with the accounting.I hadn't even done business in secondary school. Work through all the examples including the additional ones in the skinny book. I started out by copying the solutions I started to see where the figures were coming from and where they were going. It took me a while but clicked in the end.

If you get the head down you can get it all done.68 days is a long time even if you're only putting in a few hours a day.

Does anyone know if the part 3 results are out on Wednesday?
    I can't get the CTA handbook with the dates in it to download on my laptop or phone and I'm just hoping its still the same date and hasn't changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

Hi, could anyone point me to where the syllabus for each subject is on Blackboard/Taxfind?? I'm looking for the syllabus for each Part 2 subject and can't find it.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭sharky86

Considering doing part 2s this year coming. Would anyone have access to past papers they could share with me to take a look over before I make a final call on registration

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Darkhorse10

Hi,

Anyone sitting the Part 2 exams for the April 2022 sitting and working the professional skills assignment at the moment?

For the "tax-free payment" for the cosmetic scientist who will unlikely not return to work, Am i right in saying that we should be referring to s.192A -Exemption in respect of certain payments under employment law?

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Orwilsin

Hi, is anyone doing the Part 3 professional skills assignment due in 2 weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭bleuhh

Hi all,

Thinking of a enrolling for the Part 1s, if I PM'd someone my email could you kindly send me over a past paper so that I can get an idea of the exams? Would also love to see a Part 2 past paper too.

Cheers,

C

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Midkemia

Does anybody have copies of the part 2 papers from 2017 and before?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Best of luck to anyone who sat the Part 3's this week....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Got the email.

Passed the CTA Part 3s.....

Just relieved now......i will never sit another exam for as long as I live.....

Best of luck to everyone else getting their results today!

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Hairyscary

Hi, I am thinking about the CTA Irish tax institute and need some advise. Firstly, I don't have a third level degree but work in civil service taxes so my supervisor's clearance should be enough to qualify for Course. I completed the tax technician with ITI last year and will this be a good base for this course? I got over 80% in all 4 modules.

Secondly, I am worried about the volume of material to be studied and time. Can anyone advise how much time per week should be spent studying. If I sign up for this course I may not be able for it and as I don't have a third level degree I am not familiar with amount of study time required. I am also working full time. I would like to do this course as it would be a personal achievement and would also help with promotion.

Any advise/support would be appreciated.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Are your employer going to grant study leave? If so how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Hingisfan08!

Hi. Just wondering if there is anyone doing the Part 3 Professional Skills assignment due in December?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Darkhorse10

Hi, @Hingisfan08! - Yes I am "attempting" to do the Part 3 Professional Skills assignment aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 RCL173

Hi, I am looking into sitting the Part 2 exams this summer and am looking to get advice on the workload involved and if anyone has managed it with a small child and working full time? I work in the tax department of a large company and have a lot of practical experience, particularly in VAT and have previously done the ACCA exams.

if anyone has past exam papers they can share so I can take a look at them that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 OliveK

Hi, I am thinking of doing the Part 2 [I have exemptions for Part 1] in the ITI Autumn/Winter 2023 session.

Would anyone have completed Part 2 and have some paperwork/past exam papers/solutions that they would be willing to part with?

I am happy to pay.

TIA, OliveK

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Just finished my exams with CIMA (pending results) and considering the CTA

I won't ask how many hours study ill need since that will vary, but on average how many hours lectures are there for a given module? I'll have one at Part 1 which i hope to sit next April and then sit the Part 2s in August

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Part 2s will be a big ask trying to fit them between April and August

Going off this years guide the classes start in April and finish in July, i'd have thought that would be enough if that's the structure by the ITI?

I haven't considered doing the one part 1 exam i have in August 2023, i suspect i may be too late to register, I'm not relying on the accounting qualification for exemptions as theyre the same as from third level so there's nothing stopping me in theory (except a repeat of the CIMA exam where the result isnt until late July)

The summer period is really geared for repeats of the October to April session. Not impossible to get through but you will have to put the extra hours in

I've put in an enquiry to see if i can register for the August sitting, thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 robduffy98

Hi All, Sitting Part 2 Exams in August 2023 and getting into study now - haven't really been attending lectures and keeping up to date so I'm in a position where I'll have to cram before the exams! Is there any approach you'd recommend given my circumstances? Any advice would be much appreciated!

What date are the exams? Are you repeating or doing them for the first time? When did you start cramming? Do you work in practice?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 robduffy98

Hey, thanks for reply, exams are on 21st of Aug and I'm doing them for first time as I had to defer the April 2023 sitting . I started last week and I'm at the stage now where I'm doing exam paper questions for personal tax and VAT, I'm about halfway through syllabus of business tax and I haven't touched capital taxes yet..

I work in Big4 so I'm on full time study leave from last week until the exams. Would you have any useful tips? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Advertisement