Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registered AITI Tax Qualification Info and Questions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 ChartAccount

Does anyone have AITI Part 2 GRINDS Notes? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Does anyone have information on what the recent pass rates have been in these various levels of the CTA AITI qualification or better still for each paper?

I found some info up to summer 2010 earlier in the thread but that's getting quiet old now.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Dublinboard

PCX wrote: »
    Does anyone have information on what the recent pass rates have been in these various levels of the CTA AITI qualification or better still for each paper?

I found some info up to summer 2010 earlier in the thread but that's getting quiet old now.

I would say institute will post it online. I have seen them for more recent years online. Did many pass today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭scheister

I would say institute will post it online. I have seen them for more recent years online. Did many pass today?

Total Students 263

Passed 145
    Passed 3 18
    Passed 2 26
    Passed 1 37
    Passed 0 37

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The world over

Does anyone here have any feedback on Chartered Accountants Ireland Diploma in tax. Is it a good course, are lecturers good?? I am thinking of doing it but it is very expensive and just want to justify paying it. It's attracting me as it focuses more on the practical aspects of preparing calulations and using the different tax returns and less on the law side side of tax.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

AITI is a more recognised qualification than ICAI for tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The world over

I appreciate that Pawwed but I would just like to know the quality of the Diploma in Tax course with the ICAI and some feedback on same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 LKIRBY

Hi everyone, this question has probably been asked many times but I'm currently thinking of registering for AITI tax exams. I'm ACCA qualified so exempt from Part 1 problem is I'll be doing these at my own expense so will only have max 2/3 weeks including week of exams for study leave. is it possible to get through part two studying evenings/weekends. Think I'd be able to average 15-20 hrs a week between here and April. Not working in tax working in industry as a financial accountant (Qualified in practice, top 5/6 audit). Worried that i'll be left with nothing to show for my effort at the end.. maybe there is some masters/course I could benefit more from? Just trying to bolster my CV. Any advise appreciated. Thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Do you want to work in tax?

• Registered Users Posts: 42 crazylikeme

I am an ACCA and always worked in accounting in industry. I have a senior finance role and did AITI 2 years ago. I found it gave me a very good understanding of tax which is required in my job, perhaps not to the extent of income tax ( but then again this is helpful in my personal life and my friends too, who often come to me for planning ideas) It made me confident where taxation is concerned and currently I am working on tax restructure of our entities. It is definitely well worth doing. There is this myth you need to work in tax for this to be benefit, but it is not correct. In many multinational companies this is a very desired qualification not to mention very lucrative career to be had. I would say go for it. You have nothing to lose and if anything make yourself more marketable in the industry world, there is not that many AITIs in the industry as majority is in practice, and large firms seek this expertise more and more in order to save fees that these practices charge, so go for it!!! Study often and every day to get head start. The exams are not as hard as the ACCA exams, and you only have 8 to go through. Good luck!!!
    I think being experienced qualified accountant with tax will always be a plus in industry!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 LKIRBY

Crazylike me thanks for the detailed response.. I think its what I wanted to hear! I'm sort of the opinion I don't have too much to lose. Pawwed Rig I plan to stay in industry but not sure about promotion opportunities within my current company may also have to relocate locations for personal reasons in the next few years so like I said trying to add to the CV.

Sure and I agree that it is not a bad qualification to have. I wouldn't agree it is easier than ACCA though but I guess that depends on your aptitude and what you are good at.
    Is there anything more relevant that you could take? Thinking CFA or similar

20 hours a week for AITI would have you in good stead. I would be starting as early as possible though and the year 1 exemption can be a bit of a mixed blessing.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭crebel81

Hey

Posted here recently about my plan to register for the AITI exams. Took the plunge and registered for the part 2 winter course (exempt for Part 1 as I am ACCA qualified).

Anyways, I have a question in relation to the online lectures. Due to family and work commitments, I may miss some of the weekend lectures but are the online lectures a good substitute?

Obviously I will try and attend as many as possible but hoping that the online lectures will be of help when needed.

Cheers,
    Crebel81

It should be the same lecture

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    It should be the same lecture

Thanks for your input.

I was aware of that but I guess the difference is you don't get to ask questions or have any input when watching online.

Any other thoughts welcome.

You can submit questions via email but ime the Institute are pretty poor at passing them on to the lecturer (or else the lecturers are poor at responding).
    There is a facility via Blackboard that could be used but I found it to be under utilised.
    Try to get to as many as possible and maybe note your queries and ask at a lecture you get to.
    Or else post your questions here and let the boardsies answer. :)

Appreciate your response.

Yes I will try and get to as many as I can. I know AITI is a step up but I studied ACCA through home study only and found it ok, so I wont worry too much.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Does anyone know if there is a listing of the rankings in terms of results from Part 1s available?

Overall Part 1 Summer 15 results

Total students 49
    Passed 29 59%
    Passed three 0 0%
    Passed two 7 14%
    Passed one 8 17%
    Failed 5 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

can anyone provide recent part 3 pass rates?ha

Im curious if it there has been any change in recent years or are they more or less the same?

I heard that there wasnt always an assignment at part 3 and thats only been introduced in recent years. Im not sure how much truth there is to that though.

i had a look for pass rates on AITI website but i could not find anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 TAA_ICAI

Hi All, I have signed up for the Part 3 course, but some of the books I have are duplicates from Part 2 sitting in April
    If anyone is looking for the books for Finance Act 2015 I have the following:
    Direct Taxes Act legislation
    Indirect taxes x 2 legislation & Indirect taxes manual
    Law of CAT, SD, LPT legisation
    Send me a message if you would like these books I can post them to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Patofthericks

Hi All, I'm considering signing up for the winter course. Recently qualified as ACCA so get exempt from stage 1. I sat the advanced taxation exam. Got in the low 60's, just wondering how much of a step up is it from the ACCA's?

Similar standard imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭Heisenburg81

Hello All,
    Does the AITI course provide you with the knowledge to provide detailed consultancy and efficient tax planning as opposed to compliance?

Hello All,
    Does the AITI course provide you with the knowledge to provide detailed consultancy and efficient tax planning as opposed to compliance?

It points you in the right direction and gives you the tools to find the answers. It does not (and cannot) cover everything. There are guys in tax 20 years who still struggle with some aspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭tanit

Does anyone know how it compares with Chartered Tax Consultant from Chartered Accountants?

Is the syllabus the same or approximately the same? Once you are qualified you have more or less the same knowledge? Are exams similar?

Thanks for the help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Spark Plug

If anybody has Part 1 manuals and past exam papers for sale please pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D.92

Does anyone give or know anyone who gives part 3 international tax grinds? Any help appreciated

D.92 wrote: »
    Does anyone give or know anyone who gives part 3 international tax grinds? Any help appreciated

Clare @ taxgrinds.ie would be worth trying if Dublin Based. used her myself last year and she was brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭giftgrub1991

Hi all, would anyone that has the Part 2 timetable for this year be willing to share it ? I'm repeating and don't really want to spend another thousand especially after Christmas 😂.

Advertisement